2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

1) He has appeared there before albeit briefly and shown some promise. 2) Mark McGhee has also said he thinks Laing may develop into a decent midfielder. 3) He has some previous experience of playing there.

1) Showed some Promise? Sorry Dave he was brutal the couple of occasions I witnessed it, tried hard but no ball control to back up the physical presence you seem to desire in a player

2) MM often talks a load of complete BS , it's well documented and often referenced , somewhere between twisted genius hiding his true thoughts and my da's bigger than your da type mentality

3) he tried ice skating before as well, I don't expect him to make a career of it

1) Showed some Promise? Sorry Dave he was brutal the couple of occasions I witnessed it, tried hard but no ball control to back up the physical presence you seem to desire in a player

2) MM often talks a load of complete BS , it's well documented and often referenced , somewhere between twisted genius hiding his true thoughts and my da's bigger than your da type mentality

3) he tried ice skating before as well, I don't expect him to make a career of it

He played centre mid for England u19s but I've seen nothing of him in a Motherwell shirt to suggest he can play there

we didnt have any other centre midfielders so when Las was missing our midfield became even weaker! THATS why we lost points.

look the guy is a legend and has been a fantastic servant but the time for sentiment is gone,he has a role as a coach and emergency player but going into the season woth him as the only centre mid in the entire squad is pish

So we rush out and sign anyone straight away just to appease the we're doomed merchants? If we do and he.s pish we then have the same fans ranting about what a waste. I'd rather we make sure we ger ther beat available to us rather than panic because the season is about to start.

So we rush out and sign anyone straight away just to appease the we're doomed merchants? If we do and he.s pish we then have the same fans ranting about what a waste. I'd rather we make sure we ger ther beat available to us rather than panic because the season is about to start.

Exactly look at what happened with Jake Taylor

I have a hunch that we might be trying to tie up a deal for Liam Henderson who was on loan at Hibs from Celtic last season.

Mail on Sunday has Rodgers saying that many Celtic midfield players have been told they are free to find other clubs.

I'd imagine that Liam Henderson and Scott Allan are among them.

However, I'd be shocked and delighted if we landed either.

McGhee has managed to resign all the geriatrics he loves so dearly, my only hope is that our new midfielder is under forty. Under thirty would be good. We can only live in hope.

I am confident that by the start of the league season we will have a central midfielder in, possibly 2. But I would be willing to bet money it wont be before the Rangers game. Which, for me, is fine as in my opinion we have enough to compete with the League Cup teams we will be playing.

The outfield signings brought in to the club are all young Tait (26), Blyth (23) and Heneghan (22). So, I would expect the central midfielders to be the same.