2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

That's been my thoughts also. Certainly yesterday that was the role he was playing. With the skill he has with the ball at his feet he could do really well in there if he can just make that killer pass, get a decent shot away.

Yes he may do well in the middle but he needs to harden up to play in the engine room. He needs to beef up to repel physical assaults from the Murray Davidson type opponent.

Yes he may do well in the middle but he needs to harden up to play in the engine room. He needs to beef up to repel physical assaults from the Murray Davidson type opponent.

Of all the players with a strong physical presence you could have picked, you went for Murray fucking Davidson! :lol: :lol:

Every other team is overly physical in your eyes. It's a contact sport, and our very own midfield carries one of the dirtiest bastards in the league.

• Like 3

Would you care to name him?

I'm pretty sure you know full well who I'm on about, but just in case you need it in black and white, then it's Keith Lasley.

Look at the reactions of other team's fans towards him. Lasley does have a nasty, dirty streak in him. It's not a bad thing, every team needs one. Your constant whining and moaning of every other team being "physical" and "putting the boot in" is embarrassing. It's a big boys sport.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure you know full well who I'm on about, but just in case you need it in black and white, then it's Keith Lasley.

Look at the reactions of other team's fans towards him. Lasley does have a nasty, dirty streak in him. It's not a bad thing, every team needs one. Your constant whining and moaning of every other team being "physical" and "putting the boot in" is embarrassing. It's a big boys sport.

If you're going to label a player "one of the dirtiest bastards in the league" then you ought to name him explicitly. I've never been a Keith Lasley" fan, as many know, but I wouldn't attach such a label to him; thats unfair. Over his long career he's committed a few bad fouls admittedly and these have become more frequent as he's lost pace but overall his game is not dirty. All teams need hard players, but not dirty ones, and there is a huge difference, as I've explained in the past, but perhaps you've missed that distinction.

In my view a hard player is one who is fair; one who is able to withstand a hard challenge and retain the ball; one who can put in a hard tackle within the laws of the game. A dirty player is something else entirely. A sly shove in the back when an opponent is about to shoot for goal; a professional foul when an opponent is clean through on goal; a deliberate kick at a player behind the referee's back.

Football is a big boys sport, as you say, and no players are perfect. Even the cleanest put in a bad challenge now and again, accidental or not. However some players indulge in such tactics week in out and thats what I don't like.

Finally if you don't like my constant whining and moaning don't read my posts.

Stephen Pearson is a much dirtier player than Keith Lasley.

I agree.....Pearo missed out on the 'how to tackle' training session when we was a kid........been guilty of some shocking challenges over the years. Breaking the ICT's boys leg, booting Bert Konterman up in the air, so many you can't list them. Keith's fouls are largely niggling, harrying type tackles, not leg breakers.

I agree.....Pearo missed out on the 'how to tackle' training session when we was a kid........been guilty of some shocking challenges over the years. Breaking the ICT's boys leg, booting Bert Konterman up in the air, so many you can't list them. Keith's fouls are largely niggling, harrying type tackles, not leg breakers.

Tell that to Fraser fyvie

That tackle for me is the one slight on Lasley's character. It was an absolutely horrendous challenge, but I must say I have never seen him tackle like that before or since. Any of his other challenges just come from him being combative and latterly perhaps a bit slower.

Pearson on the other hand has that "up for it" streak in him. He has had more choice tackles as mentioned and he's also started shoving matches as a result of teammates getting fouled- something I've not seen from Lasley.

That tackle for me is the one slight on Lasley's character. It was an absolutely horrendous challenge, but I must say I have never seen him tackle like that before or since. Any of his other challenges just come from him being combative and latterly perhaps a bit slower.

Pearson on the other hand has that "up for it" streak in him. He has had more choice tackles as mentioned and he's also started shoving matches as a result of teammates getting fouled- something I've not seen from Lasley.

I can't remember this tackle at all. Which game was it from?

There was another shocker Lasley did on James Dayton at rugby park 2 or 3 seasons ago in a game Fraser Kerr also got sent off in. He made no attempt to play the ball at all.

That and the fyvie one are the only two I can think of that we're proper dirty.