2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Yep agreed

It's based upon a budget for 10th place and no cup runs. This is what we get when we budget for pretty much worst case....a lower quality and/or quantity squad.

So when we finish top 6, a possible Euro spot and maybe a couple of later round cup matches we will be quids in then, lots of extra cash to add to the budget next season.

Im sure we have 100% clarity on any Robbie Leitch development fee. The fact that me and you don't, doesn't matter one bit.

Serious question: How much do you as a fan, feel you are entitled to know? Fans, supporters, paying customers, there are various different things we can be called...but none of them entitle us to be kept informed of the inner workings of the business. The only thing that isn't adding up is why people get so hung up over information that they aren't privvy to.

If you can't enjoy going to the football without needing due-diligence on their business model, I think you probably need some friends, or maybe an outside interest or two.

Stupid post of the day - the club is moving towards fan ownership.

We are entitled to know if the club is being stewarded properly, or if we lost out on a £240,000 development fee due to a managerial failure to comply with football regulations.

This is a high risk squad at the moment.

Unbalanced is how I'd describe it.

I figure on Saturday we'll line up

Samson

Tait

Henegham

McManus

Hammell

Cadden

Campbell

McHugh

McDonald

Blyth

Johnson

If any of the midfielders pick up an early injury, what are the options from the bench. Moore with McDonald dropping into midfield? MacLean? Ainsworth?

Most football matches are won and lost in midfield and we don't have many options there...

Samson

Tait

Henegham

McManus

Hammell

Cadden

Campbell

McHugh

McDonald

Blyth

Johnson

If any of the midfielders pick up an early injury, what are the options from the bench. Moore with McDonald dropping into midfield? MacLean? Ainsworth?

Most football matches are won and lost in midfield and we don't have many options there...

I agree with your assessment

We are entitled to know if the club is being stewarded properly, or if we lost out on a £240,000 development fee due to a managerial failure to comply with football regulations.

No, we really aren't.

For the average punter, which you are, I am, most of us are...the fan-ownership thing is just a scaled up version of the buy-a-brick scheme.

If you think that the club is spending money unwisely, or not capitalising on oppertunities in the way you feel they should, then you are 100% entitled to take your money elsewhere, or keep it in your pocket. But if you think buying into the 'Well Society affords you any kind of rights as far as the business is concerned, then you're going to be one very disappointed guy and have, it would seem, completely misunderstood what the 'Well Society is. I appreciate you might have your own scale for stupid though, and that's fair enough.

• Like 3

Samson

Tait

Henegham

McManus

Hammell

Cadden

Campbell

McHugh

McDonald

Blyth

Johnson

My thoughts are that we will see McDonald playing centre midfield with Ainsworth joining the front three. Probably quite a similar shape to the playoffs. Campbell will be on the bench I reckon.

• Like 1

Im sure we have 100% clarity on any Robbie Leitch development fee. The fact that me and you don't, doesn't matter one bit.

Serious question: How much do you as a fan, feel you are entitled to know? Fans, supporters, paying customers, there are various different things we can be called...but none of them entitle us to be kept informed of the inner workings of the business. The only thing that isn't adding up is why people get so hung up over information that they aren't privvy to.

If you can't enjoy going to the football without needing due-diligence on their business model, I think you probably need some friends, or maybe an outside interest or two.

The club are looking for more than customers though.

They want people to invest in the Society so giving some extra details doesn't seem unreasonable.

They are also obviously also hoping people pay into the East Stirling game even if we are effectively out by then.

Fir Park is going to be empty (6000 approx) on Saturday which is what happens when fans start thinking like customers.

• Like 1

Interestingly on the BBC Scottish ins and outs page, it has Robbie Leitch to Burnley (undisclosed). Given the accuracy of the BBC's reporting on non Old Firm matters, don't know whether to believe that means that we got a fee or not...

BBC also ran this at the time: "Leitch and Freeman will join their new clubs' development squads and their former clubs are likely to receive compensation." http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36681358

Key use of 'likely', suggests they don't know for a fact.

Edit: Interestingly the compensation due for the Freeman deal was additionally reported.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-united-due-fee-kid-kieran-freeman-joins-southampton/

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/211945/dundee-united-get-compensation-young-defender-kieran-freeman-prepares-join-southampton/

No, we really aren't.

For the average punter, which you are, I am, most of us are...the fan-ownership thing is just a scaled up version of the buy-a-brick scheme.

If you think that the club is spending money unwisely, or not capitalising on oppertunities in the way you feel they should, then you are 100% entitled to take your money elsewhere, or keep it in your pocket. But if you think buying into the 'Well Society affords you any kind of rights as far as the business is concerned, then you're going to be one very disappointed guy and have, it would seem, completely misunderstood what the 'Well Society is. I appreciate you might have your own scale for stupid though, and that's fair enough.

Staggering post.

Puts me in mind of the old saying -

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

All those years dragging ourselves all over the country in the wind, snow and rain to watch some truly dire football, to watch us being relegated and fight our way back up.

To be written off as just a customer.

Fucking unbelievable.

Hail, the retards, for they have truly taken over the internet.

All those years dragging ourselves all over the country in the wind, snow and rain to watch some truly dire football, to watch us being relegated and fight our way back up.

Fucking unbelievable.

This guy

Fucking unbelievable.

:lol: :lol:

What a guy you must be.

My thoughts are that we will see McDonald playing centre midfield with Ainsworth joining the front three. Probably quite a similar shape to the playoffs. Campbell will be on the bench I reckon.

I'm McDonald's biggest fan.....but not as a midfielder. The fact that Moult is out makes it doubly important he plays higher up the field.

Not ideal for Campbell to be plunged into a big game like this but we need to play players in their most effective positions first and foremost.

• Like 2

The club are looking for more than customers though.

They want people to invest in the Society so giving some extra details doesn't seem unreasonable.

They are also obviously also hoping people pay into the East Stirling game even if we are effectively out by then.

Fir Park is going to be empty (6000 approx) on Saturday which is what happens when fans start thinking like customers.

The club are looking for people who will put money in, not ask any questions and keep quiet. There's a hundred reasons why that will never happen, but the reality of the situation as it stands is that putting money into the 'Well Society gets you absolutely nothing except a rosy glow if that's your thing. Anyone expecting any more is just going to be disappointed. LIke this guy:

Staggering post.

Puts me in mind of the old saying -

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Fucking unbelievable.

Jesus Christ...

Anyway we could go round in circles debating what you want with whats on offer, but I've heard a rumour that Wendy from the office is buying printer ink direct from Staples instead of just getting old cartidges refilled for a quarter of the price, so I'm away to punch my Mrs in the face.

Or I might just go and watch the football on Saturday, go home when it's finished and get on with the rest of my life.

• Like 3

Not ideal but as we're so thin on in the ground in central midfield we also have Joe Chalmers who could come on from the bench in an emergency.

Or Louis Laing. None of the options are ideal which kind of throws into sharp focus how thin on the ground we are in midfield that one player suspended has us scrambling around for alternatives...
  • Like 1

No, most of us are not entitled to know. Currently the club is privately owned and as such shareholders, and not ordinary fans, have some rights as to the information they are privy to. When the club is taken over by the Society, as opposed to the fans per se, shareholders and members of the Society will be entitled to receive more information. Fans who are not members of the Society or are not shareholders will not be entitled to any more information. How the Society would play that I don't know. It may choose voluntarily to share more information publicly.

Quite apart from the above, there is much detailed information which is sensitive or confidential and that will not and should not be available publicly. As regards transfer fees/compensation payments, very often the buying club requests that the fee remains undisclosed. If thats the case the information should not be made public. I don't know the details of Robbie Leitch's departure but its possible that Burnley have requested that if there was any payment, it be kept confidential.

Regarding the playing budget, if we have a surplus of cash from income that doesn't mean we can spend it all on players.

We have debt we need to service too. So a balance needs to be struck between paying that off and keeping the squad successful.

Having said that, I fully expect at least one more new face in the team over the next few weeks.

No, most of us are not entitled to know. Currently the club is privately owned and as such shareholders have some rights as to the information they are privy to. When the club is taken over by the Society, as opposed to the fans per se, shareholders and members of the Society will be entitled to receive more information. Fans who are not members of the Society or are not shareholders will not be entitled to any more information. How the Society would play that I don't know. It may choose voluntarily to share more information publicly.

Quite apart from the above, there is much detailed information which is sensitive or confidential and that will not and should not be available publicly. As regards transfer fees/compensation payments, very often the buying club requests that the fee remains undisclosed. If thats the case the information should not be made public. I don't know the details of Robbie Leitch's departure but its possible that Burnley have requested that if there was any payment, it be kept confidential.

Indeed. There's plenty reasons either party might choose to not make something official public knowledge. What is public knowledge is that we were/are looking to bring players in....if selling parties know we've just taken £250,000 then all of a sudden a 50k player we were looking at suddenly has a 100k price tag. If we're negotiating wages with a player their £1500 per week request all of a sudden becomes £2000.

But WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!111 though! I went to Aberdeen and it was cold so tell me everything!!

Jesus Christ...

Anyway we could go round in circles debating what you want with whats on offer, but I've heard a rumour that Wendy from the office is buying printer ink direct from Staples instead of just getting old cartidges refilled for a quarter of the price, so I'm away to punch my Mrs in the face.

That made me lol