2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

I wouldnt be happy with that as a fee if true. 2 years left and would bring surprised if his goals can be replaced with the amount brought in.

Here's the line from the English press, make of it what you will: "The 24-year-old signed a three year contract after the U's paid an undisclosed fee. The amount is not believed to be close to the club record, the £470,000 paid to Aberdeen for Dean Windass in 1998, but it is six figures."

http://www.heraldseries.co.uk/sport/14646043.Oxford_United_sign_striker_Kane_Hemmings_from_Dundee_in_six_figure_move/

Edit: the suggestion from the Dundee fans seems to be that there was a £250k release clause which was reported but subsequently denied by the board and Hartley. If that quote is accurate then the fee is more than £100k but significantly less than £470k.

The £250k release clause was mentioned a long time ago and Dundee have never denied it.

On the radio on Saturday, Hartley was talking up Hemmings and Stewart, gagging to sell them. Assume he is under instruction to generate income, not too dissimilar to McGhee developing Marvin.

Not Motherwell related but possibility of RVP at Rangers?

That'll be the 'sensational' signing they've all been talking about this week.

Isn't he on about £100,000 a week. If so, I doubt he'll be going to Rangers.

The Hemmings deal should add a bit of realism to the expectations around Moult and Johnson.

Marvin might be worth a bit more eventually but by that point it's either January or 12 months to go.

I am sure we will find out soon enough what Marv is worth.

Sadly I cannot see him being here come the end of the transfer window.

I assume he has no buy out clause, so we are in driving seat. My guess is anywhere between £750k and £1.5m. Anything less and I would keep him for the season or until Xmas at least.

I saw he re-tweeted a comment about him being championship bound !!!

He would be a big loss, but a decent piece of business all the same.

I am sure we will find out soon enough what Marv is worth.

Sadly I cannot see him being here come the end of the transfer window.

I assume he has no buy out clause, so we are in driving seat. My guess is anywhere between £750k and £1.5m. Anything less and I would keep him for the season or until Xmas at least.

Pretty much my take on things Iain. The key things from our point of view is that when he does depart its not at the very end of the window and we have an adequate replacement lined up.