Aberdeen V Motherwell Sat 30 Apr 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Figured it would be a tough one today after Aberdeen losing last year.

3 points from the first two post split fixtures will do for me. Need to get at least 4 from our next 2 I think to clinch 4th. I think we will do it.

Yes, today was always going to be a very hard game with Aberdeen having a lot to prove (but maybe not to the BBC). We started with a surprisingly attack minded line up and it seems we were confident to go toe to toe with Aberdeen. Our final placing was never going to depend on this game and it won't depend on our last game either.

Laing will have been ring rusty and it was risky throwing him in here. Mark McGhee called it just right with Chris Cadden though. Of the club's last two competitive matches I'd say Wednesday's was the more important and winnable and it was right to give Cadden 90 minutes in the cup final as opposed to today. Had he been fully fit and played 90 minutes today it would not have made much difference to the final outcome

I'm not confident we will finish in 4th but should hang onto 5th place. Two very competitive games coming up and they will determine our final placing. If we can pick up one win from those two then 5th spot should be ours. Not to say we won't win both but thats a tall order.

As I stated earlier Aberdeen have only lost once all season at Pittodrie so this was always going to be a very tough match. Add in having nothing really to play for and changes to the team and it's not really a big surprise, especially when we give away an early penalty.

See Laing got subbed at half time. Was he injured or did he just get hooked? Got to say I don't rate the guy and he's miles behind Kennedy and Hall for me.

See Laing got subbed at half time. Was he injured or did he just get hooked? Got to say I don't rate the guy and he's miles behind Kennedy and Hall for me.

I think you're being a bit harsh. It was his first game back after a month or two out and he had no protection in front of him.

A bad day at the office for sure but in the grand scheme of things a chance to finish 4th is something I thought could never possibly happen. We got pumped today and we get over it and ready for Saints on Saturday. Lasley''s probably needing a break now anyway and maybe gives young Campbell a wee chance of 1st team action.

Just watched the TV highlights of the game and it was very disappointing the way we lost all 4 goals. All very cheap. Three of the four came from our inability to defend our wings and the fourth, Rooney's, was down to shocking covering. Keith Lasley's red card seemed harsh although a yellow card was warranted. Highly likely that the ref's decision was heavily influenced by the protests of the Aberdeen players and an appeal should be submitted.

Unrelated to the game itself but worth mentioning that the club have their highlights up on YouTube now after last week's SPFL-related 'issues'. Hopefully they've managed to resolve the matter. Either that or they've just decided whatever the SPFL's objection was it isn't worth giving a fuck about.

• Like 1

Just watched the TV highlights of the game and it was very disappointing the way we lost all 4 goals. All very cheap. Three of the four came from our inability to defend our wings and the fourth, Rooney's, was down to shocking covering. Keith Lasley's red card seemed harsh although a yellow card was warranted. Highly likely that the ref's decision was heavily influenced by the protests of the Aberdeen players and an appeal should be submitted.

Just a tackle Laing didn't need to make for the first one, Lasley was sleeping for the second one, marking was nonsense for the third one and to be slightly fair the fourth one happened when it looked like we were having a good spell and were risk-taking to try and get back in. Obviously the MFC highlights are only six minutes worth but the performance didn't look as dismal as firparkcorner were tweeting and McGhee talked about in his post match. Bobby Madden doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would be influenced by protests from the players or supporters, I think very clearly his assistant always thought it was a red card and he took his advice - which any referee would have done because his assistant had a better view. Sadly on this occasion I think Bobby Madden had it right and we should most definitely appeal.

It was interesting that the team looked more balanced when the two youngsters came on. I can understand why they weren't started after their mid week exploits but if they had been perhaps our approach to the whole game would have been different.

Just watched the TV highlights of the game

Unrelated to the game itself but worth mentioning that the club have their highlights up on YouTube now after last week's SPFL-related 'issues'. Hopefully they've managed to resolve the matter. Either that or they've just decided whatever the SPFL's objection was it isn't worth giving a fuck about.

Or it could be that the Club are able to host them after one or more of the broadcast partners has shown the paid for package?

noticed no live comms covereage of the match yesterday either, technical problem or Aberdeen being twisted?

Or it could be that the Club are able to host them after one or more of the broadcast partners has shown the paid for package?

noticed no live comms covereage of the match yesterday either, technical problem or Aberdeen being twisted?

Saw Alan Burrows tweet earlier that it has been resolved & the club are now allowed to publish their own highlights from midnight. They were making them live at 10pm previously.

The midnight thing seems to be a general rule so it doesn't seem to have anything to do with their broadcast partners airing.

I'd hope that everyone concerned has just agreed that in the grand scheme of things 7 mins of highlights on YouTube probably isn't worth going 12 rounds over so they've reached a compromise.

Lasley's tackle was no worse than the one on Johnson early on.

Agreed but I think the difference was that there were a number of Aberdeen players surrounding the referee pleading with him and imploring him to show a red card. A large crowd would also have been screaming the same sentiment. Again inconsistency from a match official can have serious consequences and not just in the game itself.

Just to clear up the Lasley incident, was it two yellow cards he got or was a change of colour from yellow to red, in other words if it was red card the club could appeal (not that they would) but with two yellows they cannot appeal?

Personally I think it just starting to show Keith is starting to loosing these extra few yards, I know he has been a superb servant to the club, but I am just not convinced he should get a playing contract for next year, but I am sure McGhee knows what he is doing.

Just to clear up the Lasley incident, was it two yellow cards he got or was a change of colour from yellow to red, in other words if it was red card the club could appeal (not that they would) but with two yellows they cannot appeal?

Personally I think it just starting to show Keith is starting to loosing these extra few yards, I know he has been a superb servant to the club, but I am just not convinced he should get a playing contract for next year, but I am sure McGhee knows what he is doing.

There's still some confusion as to exactly what he picked up. Was there also a yellow or red card for foul and abusive language? It looked to me like a clumsy tackle nothing more but you're right he has lost those extra yards.

There's still some confusion as to exactly what he picked up. Was there also a yellow or red card for foul and abusive language? It looked to me like a clumsy tackle nothing more but you're right he has lost those extra yards.

Alan Burrows (@Alan_Burrows)

30/04/2016, 22:02

@kenny_ward10 It was a straight red, Kenny.