Season Tickets 2016/17

Toxteth O'Grady

Surprised by the increase.

'Flow gave some rationale on Twitter. There are going to be more category 1 matches at Fir Park next season. Also want is to remain as competitive as possible.

Saying that, if you miss 2+ games then the season ticket isn't wonderful value.

'Flow gave some rationale on Twitter. There are going to be more category 1 matches at Fir Park next season. Also want is to remain as competitive as possible.

Saying that, if you miss 2+ games then the season ticket isn't wonderful value.

I don't like this categorising of games. I assume we are talking Rangers, a game that some fans will stay away from.

If you make 15 games a ST is becoming less justifiable, particularly if the flexi ticket becomes an option.

Not an unreasonable package I'd say. Most prices are increasing by just under 5%, but POD adult prices have been frozen. Those aged 16-18 are now classed as concessions which will help younger folk. Those aged 60-64 still enjoy concession prices which isn't the case for most clubs. However, I'd like to have seen us follow Hibs temporary measure of giving season ticket holders a 10% reduction of cup prices but having said that, they are reviewing this.

Anyone thinking of upgrading to the Centenary Suite should just ring the ticket office.

• Like 1

I dont buy a season ticket to make a saving, I buy one because I know that if I dont, there is a good chance that I'll get to match day and decide not to go

And a lot of people feel that way, but surely if we're looking to convince those fans who are on the fence to put their money into the club early on rather than throughout the season (when there's a chance they may end up not bothering at all) maybe we should be looking to give them a reason?

A season ticket should provide something of a reward to those who put their cash into the club in a lump sum. If we continue to rely solely on the idea that buying one makes you a part of "the Motherwell family" then we won't see much progress, unfortunately.

It does ...it says concessions inc. 16 - 18

Doh! Should've wiped the sleep from my eyes... Still, a jump of £100 for a kid not earning as he's at school :swoon:

Further to that, losing fans in their formative years is a big issue for clubs like ours already. Hiking up prices in that age range especially where most go in the East Stand further compounds the problem.

I dont buy a season ticket to make a saving, I buy one because I know that if I dont, there is a good chance that I'll get to match day and decide not to go

This is true for me as well. I gave up my ST last season (2014/15), but fully intended on going to the vast majority of games. I think I made it to less than half of the home games. Granted, the absolute shite on offer from the McCall and Baraclough sides wasn't exactly a great incentive to go along.

I think if you wake up on a Saturday morning, and know you have a ticket for the game, you're 99.9% certain to go along. It's much more difficult to convince yourself to part with £20+ from your wallet when you really don't have to.

I got my ST back this season, and will carry it on next season.

P.s not sure if I'm looking into it too much, but with the design of the poster, is it suggesting there will be three kits next season? Home, white away and blue third?

In the past I've never even thought about the renewal process and just walked in with my money and paid. However, for the first time in 20 years I'm close to deciding that I won't renew.

This season's increase means that if I miss two home games over the course of the season, which unfortunately is inevitable for me, then I am cheaper paying at the gate.

Part of me feels bad about the fact the club needs the income generated by season ticket sales in the summer, but at the end of the day, taking away any emotional attachment, I am a customer of a business. The increase in price means that buying a season ticket has little or no incentive for me.

Strangely, this decision comes off the back of me enjoying all of the games I have been to recently. I can't see a time where I would choose to sit in the house, or in the pub, while we are playing at home and I can actually make it, so I don't see my motivation for attendance waning.

The increase might seem minimal and my actions might seem drastic, but in truth there just is no value in buying a season ticket unless you can guarantee that you'll be at every game.

A group of us are thinking about upgrading to the Centenary Suite, however it is not mentioned.

Anyone on here able to shed any light on what the cost is?

Emailed the club last year about prices for the centenary and heard nothing back. That included emails to the ticket office and directly to our general manager.

I am not looking to get the best value possible for my season ticket, it is part convenience, I won't need to organise a ticket for a Celtic game, and part a sum that I am happy to pass to the club in return for my seat as often as I can use it. There are also occasional side benefits of being first in the queue for things, for example I was guaranteed a ticket for the play off at Ibrox as I had paid for my season ticket.

• Like 1

I am not looking to get the best value possible for my season ticket, it is part convenience, I won't need to organise a ticket for a Celtic game, and part a sum that I am happy to pass to the club in return for my seat as often as I can use it. There are also occasional side benefits of being first in the queue for things, for example I was guaranteed a ticket for the play off at Ibrox as I had paid for my season ticket.

People buy season tickets for various and different reasons. I agree with you and for the fact that it helps the club. Each to their own.

Yeah to echo some above I get my ticket for probably - easiness through the season, sitting in the same seat guaranteed beside folk with a good view, because I always have done and then probably actual value. I have missed 2/3 games a year the last 5 years due to weddings etc but I am happy to give the club the money up front.

You precious little thing

What age are you?

It's fuck all to do with me, is it? I can't help how she reacts? I think the fact that her da got bottled for being in the wrong pub at the wrong time when one of them was playing is what get's her worried (and he's not even a football fan).

And I've seen plenty of folk from different age groups get shit from fans on both sides of the bigot brothers.

Never had any bother at a game against either Celtic or Rangers in my 28 odd years of going. Seen some scuffles and aggro but I must just go to the right places and stay oot the way! When I lived in Glasgow I didn't enjoy the train ride much on those days it has to be said.

A few seasons ago we were asked to pay more to help ease the loss of Rangers. Now we are asked to pay more for the privilege of watching them. I don't quite understand that.

There would have been plenty of discussion around the pricing structure but I think the club have arrived at a poor decision. At a time when the club are on the brink of fan ownership and the WS are appealing to squeeze more money out the core support, a freeze to ST prices would have been a welcome decision.

If I let my head rule my heart, I'll not be getting a ST as it no longer represents value and is solely a badge of loyalty.

• Like 1