Season Tickets 2016/17

Toxteth O'Grady

As has been said an increase supposedly as we'll have more Rangers games when we needed an increase because we wouldnt have rangers games sticks in the craw a bit.

My concern has for years been pricing for 16 and 17 year olds. If still in full time education I don't see the need for it to be more than a childs ticket.

• Like 1

Glad mines isnt going but what is the actual increase for folk in £ and % terms? We talking a lot of money here?

For some there's no increase at at all; for others aged 16-18 there's a reduction; but for others there's an increase of about 4.8% or £15 a year. I quite understand that £15 is a lot of cash to some folk and they just can't afford it. By way of comparison though BT is increasing its prices by £12 + per year depending on your package; and beer has gone up by roughly 4%.

Cup games excepted, prices have gone up by about 15% (East Stand adult) over the past 3 years.

Have you tried phoning - maybe more effective.

Very sad Dave you even have to suggest that.

Over the years Motherwell FC has been appalling in its customer care. There are a handful of people at the club who you know will more often than not take care of enquiries in a timely and professional manner. Sadly there are many who do not.

I am not going to be in charge of the club any time soon, but I simply would not tolerate it. The club should have KPI's of a maximum 24 hours to respond to any enquiries that would bring in revenue, be it a season ticket request or something more substantial.

Quite simply I have never understood how no-one could get to grips with the this. Not even Les by all accounts. I shudder to think how much money we have lost over the years.

Rant over - but at a time when season ticket prices have gone up. You Q whether they need to if we got every penny that people would give gladly give to the club if they had not given up due to lack of responses or lateness or lack of negotiation nous.

I will take my season ticket - as an increase is not unexpected and less hassle each week.

• Like 3

I've missed 7 season ticket games this season through a variety of reasons such as not being able to make early kick offs due to work, illness, stag doo's, weddings and family events etc. It's just not value for money anymore so I'll be pay at the gate and will get to every game I can.

Although having a season book is handy in the unlikely event that we actually make a cup final or two.

'Flow gave some rationale on Twitter. There are going to be more category 1 matches at Fir Park next season. Also want is to remain as competitive as possible.

Saying that, if you miss 2+ games then the season ticket isn't wonderful value.

So does that mean the PATG price will be substantially more for category 1 matches? Presently, PATG price for East stand is £19 for all games I think. If games v Celtic/Rangers/Hearts/other? are more than 20 quid, then may be a bit more value in the ST

Can see both sides of this one. One thing I have noticed is when the big three this season have come to town there has been a much bigger police presence than there was last season barring the play off match. No doubt the bill for which is being landed at the club's door. Bearing in mind what happened in the play off game, I reckon the police presence at the first Rangers game will be astronomical and costed accordingly and the club will need to budget for that. If that negatively impacts the money we make from when the big team come to town the only place the club can make it back is through the gate either through season tickets, match day tickets or walk up ones. And for all letting the 16-18 year olds in as concessions is a good decision, we also need to make the money back from the 17 year olds who would have paid anyway somehow. Not thrilled with the decision but content with it.

Do u want a decent team or an average team to follow as i dont mind paying a little bit extra if it goes on the team if seasons were say 200pd u might get a great deal but team would be crap as couldn't afford decent players then u wouldn't want to go so I agree with the rises as will help us to budget for season ahead and if sales fall so be it we all need to support the club in whatever way we can and season tickets are a big part of that

Do u want a decent team or an average team to follow as i dont mind paying a little bit extra if it goes on the team if seasons were say 200pd u might get a great deal but team would be crap as couldn't afford decent players then u wouldn't want to go so I agree with the rises as will help us to budget for season ahead and if sales fall so be it we all need to support the club in whatever way we can and season tickets are a big part of that

Hiya Les, hiya pal.

You'll get your money, chill out Ffs!

• Like 1

It's fuck all to do with me, is it? I can't help how she reacts? I think the fact that her da got bottled for being in the wrong pub at the wrong time when one of them was playing is what get's her worried (and he's not even a football fan).

This never actually happened.

Wearing colours to Ibrox/Parkhead is perfectly safe these days never mind a home game.

Attendances in Scotland total into the millions. There is never any report of assaults or injuries. It couldn't be safer.

Mate, you don't need to convince me. I'm not the one who's saying anything will happen, I just made the point that considering I don't really enjoy attending games against the scum anyway, on top of the grief it causes my other half, it makes far more sense to just sit home and watch it on the telly.

• Like 1

Wearing colours to Ibrox/Parkhead is perfectly safe these days never mind a home game.

Attendances in Scotland total into the millions. There is never any report of assaults or injuries. It couldn't be safer.

Just because something's not reported in the press doesn't mean it doesn't happen. A Jambo mate of mine and his cousin were assaulted coming out of Ibrox last season. Violence certainly isn't widespread these days, but there are still isolated incidents that are sometimes down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You'd expect home games to be safer but you can never totally ignore that random element. There are still plenty of absolute fannies that attend the football and like to cause a bit of bother. That is just amplified given the number of travelling fans the ugly sisters bring.

Totally understand David's decision.

• Like 1

An extra fifteen quid isn't a huge amount, you're right, but the increase is subjective. There's a fair chance people who managed to take the early bird offer last year (£295) may have personal circumstances that dictate they don't have the money in June this year to do so, so it's a £30 increase for them. That's a lot of money on the basis that it costs £19 to get into a game, so the season ticket is working out at one and a half games more than they paid this season.

I have always thought the season ticket is something that should be heavily incentivised but let's be honest it's not. The club rewarding fans with a fair per game value for supporting the club with money up front in the summer, not saving less than £2 per game. Circumstances have seen me miss a few games this season and I predict similar next season. Previously, had I even thought I was missing 2-3 games I still wouldn't have thought twice about a renewal. Partially, because it would work out cheaper overall and partially as I liked the idea of giving the club my money.

However, this season I have struggled to find value in my season ticket and with the hike I would struggle more so. At the end of the day, taking away any loyalty, Motherwell are a company, games are a product and I am a customer. I wouldn't take out a £30 a month phone contract if all I was spending was the equivalent of £10 pay as you go.

Don't get me wrong, there is a chance I'll get itchy feet as the season starts and buy one out of blind loyalty. But the worry is that's what the club are banking on. With my current stance, I predict I'll be there for 15 or 16 out of our 19 home games next season, supporting the team in the exact same manner I have this season, only paying at the gate and saving myself money.

£15 is a small increase on one hand, yes, but on the other hand, how many of our season ticket holders have had a 4.8% wage increase since they bought a season ticket last year?

• Like 2

An extra fifteen quid isn't a huge amount, you're right, but the increase is subjective. There's a fair chance people who managed to take the early bird offer last year (£295) may have personal circumstances that dictate they don't have the money in June this year to do so, so it's a £30 increase for them. That's a lot of money on the basis that it costs £19 to get into a game, so the season ticket is working out at one and a half games more than they paid this season.

Whilst your example is correct you could also quote the opposite but still valid example of someone who couldn't afford an early bird ticket last year but can do so now. Don't forget either for the 16-18 age group their tickets will be cheaper and for yet others in the POD Stand there is no increase at all.