Season Tickets 2016/17

Toxteth O'Grady

Delusional or not the point is that you cannot quantify the real value of the season ticket or the breakeven point unless you know the PATG prices and also the games you are likely to miss. Just highlighting that the season ticket might just be better value than some suspect.

Regarding increases in general, I admire your faith. The Club is skint and posting sizeable losses year after year, overall debt has increased substantially since Les took over, the Society is nowhere near being in a position to provide any additional support having already donated in excess of £500k, Les wants out with his money following him ASAP, another year until the hinted at increase in commercial/tv monies, and no sign of any external funding. The Board must look at increasing income from existing sources and sadly that includes the fans. Hopefully you are correct and they would not go down the route of increasing prices for certain games because of the knock on effect on home fans. I am not so certain.

Calm down, I have no faith in what patg prices will be

And please stop with the dramatics, ps les is in an agreement his payback terms agreed

the club is a £4million business that has incorrectly budgeted for a number of years , made worse by significant unforeseen factors

As such it's restructuring,

It has already made moves to try and increase income from existing sources, eg the topic

I was hoping you would do yourself the courtesy of checking what gate prices actually are, to help you think through your fanciful solution

I'm not sure the £2 reduction your proposal brings over the last few years pricing, meets your business plans agenda, but go ahead and shout about it

Not a proposal at all or even a solution. Just a possibility. Just realism rather than blind faith.

And the figures quoted were an example of how it might work, Not based on the actual prices admittedly but the principal remains the same. Whether it's an increase on £5 or £20 or £25 or it's still an increase. Attack the figures and attack the sentiment all you like, but please accept that the Board must at least consider the feasibility of increasing income via increased PATG costs.

Since you like to verify figures, how do 2016-2017 season ticket prices compare to last year or the year before? Static, increased or decreased? If it's an increase, is that not increasing the amount us fans pay? Do be honest, I have not checked back but if it is an increase I am happy to have gone along with it as I think they do provide value for money.

Regarding Les, yeah there is an agreement in place. I accept that and I prey MFC are in a position to meet those repayments. There was also an agreement that the Society would have five years to prepare for takeover. How's that working out? Taking into Account the amount now owed to Les and the Society, how much in debt are the Club now to when he appeared on the scene? That is of course for another debate.

To return to topic, season tickets are good value and might just be better value than some imagine.

The prices are cheap because thats about the most they could charge people to go to that shite hole of a stadium, lower league prices for a lower league standard club

Good luck to them.

Every punter that goes in there is one less hunting glory in Glasgow.

Why are the season ticket books never available at this time of year? You'd think that it would save hassle for the club and fans if they were there when people start to buy them.

Its about time the club dumped the books and dragged itself into the 21st century and issued smart cards, bit of inital outlay to get the infrastucture up and running but it would save money in the long run.

• Like 3

Its about time the club dumped the books and dragged itself into the 21st century and issued smart cards, bit of inital outlay to get the infrastucture up and running but it would save money in the long run.

Probably would long long term but having money up front to invest is another story....

Until then we'll continue pouring money into getting all of the season books printed and assembled every year. Makes sense.

Until.we know the figures we can't be sure. But I think it's safe to say printing 3000 odd books even for a few years will be cheaper than the outlay require to install everything to do with smartcard season tickets.

I would like it to happen but can't see it anytime soon.

Until.we know the figures we can't be sure. But I think it's safe to say printing 3000 odd books even for a few years will be cheaper than the outlay require to install everything to do with smartcard season tickets.

I would like it to happen but can't see it anytime soon.

Don't see anything happening until we move to a new stadium.

I was over in San Francisco recently and the whole experience at the baseball game we took in was simply superb. Night and day to here.

Tickets alone it was so easy...bought online, downloaded the MLB app, linked up the ticket to show a barcode and it got scanned at the door by a friendly steward. No queue tonget ticket, no paper, no need for a big turnstile and squeezing in, no queues of any note as there were loads of stewards with scanners and in in less than a couple of mins. That included being searched too. You could also actually change your seat right up to you went in.

I was over in San Francisco recently and the whole experience at the baseball game we took in was simply superb. Night and day to here.

Tickets alone it was so easy...bought online, downloaded the MLB app, linked up the ticket to show a barcode and it got scanned at the door by a friendly steward. No queue tonget ticket, no paper, no need for a big turnstile and squeezing in, no queues of any note as there were loads of stewards with scanners and in in less than a couple of mins. That included being searched too. You could also actually change your seat right up to you went in.

Yeah, but the US sports teams treat their fans as paying customers, not over-loyal mugs.

Yeah, but the US sports teams treat their fans as paying customers, not over-loyal mugs.

I'm guessing you have never been to a Yankees or Mets game with $10+ beers and a car park where they close literally half of it in the middle of the season so they could house the circus.

Of course, having a few billion dollars in TV money + state funded stadia also makes it easier to provide a better fan experience. Not to say that they don't have a number of things right, but just listen to any sports phone-in programme on a Monday morning to hear all the horror stories about facilities and rip-off ticket prices. Especially when there are play-offs involved.

• Like 1

It costs way more to get into these events than it does here, Gillette stadium has one entrance, everyone goes through a metal detector, boozy fights at the tailgating are not uncommon, the parking costs more than getting in to Fir Park and public transport links are non existent, there's also complete gridlock no matter when you decide to leave the stadium for hours afterwards. Rolling up to that one entrance with a barcode is hardly a perk of going to watch the New England Patriots, the Jets and Giants aren't much better and their stadium is in the middle of nowhere right next to umpteen highways. Metlife had more to offer at the kiosks, but 2 beers will almost set you back what you pay to watch Motherwell.

• Like 1

Just to add to Yabba's post. When I moved over here in 1997, the Jets was an all season-ticket stadium. There was a 10 year waiting list for season tickets, and that list was closed.

Then they decided to build their new stadium. A guy I knew had decent seats at the old stadium around the 40 yard line. He went with his dad and his son. When the new stadium opened he wasn't allowed to buy the same seats. Instead he was offered the privilege of buying 3 personal seatslicenses (PSLs) for $20,000 each for 3 worse seats. That $20k would allow the 3 of them to buy season tickets each year. The season ticket price for the new, inferior seats was 3 times more expensive.

In the space of 3 years, the Jets managed to burn through their 10 year waiting list and are now advertising tickets for individual games on the telly. Unheard of in the New York Market. They even had to give away thousands of tickets for some games to get around the rule that said the stadium has to be "sold out" before they can show the game live on local TV.

The Giants followed a similar path with similar results, and up in The Bronx the Yankees ended up having to drop prices to their new stadium having hiked them up to crazy amounts after it opened.

So it's safe to say they have no qualms treating fans as loyal mugs.

And Madison Square Garden is infamous in the city for being the worst of the worst in ripping off the Knicks fans.

• Like 1

I'm guessing you have never been to a Yankees or Mets game with $10+ beers and a car park where they close literally half of it in the middle of the season so they could house the circus.

Of course, having a few billion dollars in TV money + state funded stadia also makes it easier to provide a better fan experience. Not to say that they don't have a number of things right, but just listen to any sports phone-in programme on a Monday morning to hear all the horror stories about facilities and rip-off ticket prices. Especially when there are play-offs involved.

It costs way more to get into these events than it does here, Gillette stadium has one entrance, everyone goes through a metal detector, boozy fights at the tailgating are not uncommon, the parking costs more than getting in to Fir Park and public transport links are non existent, there's also complete gridlock no matter when you decide to leave the stadium for hours afterwards. Rolling up to that one entrance with a barcode is hardly a perk of going to watch the New England Patriots, the Jets and Giants aren't much better and their stadium is in the middle of nowhere right next to umpteen highways. Metlife had more to offer at the kiosks, but 2 beers will almost set you back what you pay to watch Motherwell.

I'm not talking about the pricing, i'm talking about the general experience.

I've also been on holiday in the US and been to sporting events. The way you're treated is miles apart from how you're treated at a Scottish football game. In fact, the way you're treated at a football game in Spain, for example, is miles apart from how you're treated here.

Sometimes I actually wonder if the people running our game are deliberately trying to turn fans off to it.

Weeyin, just wanted to check if I was reading that right, because it sounds utterly bizarre.

Are you saying that the 20 grand was basically just a retainer for the rights to the seat, which only gave you the privilege of then buying a season ticket for it each season at further cost?

Weeyin, just wanted to check if I was reading that right, because it sounds utterly bizarre.

Are you saying that the 20 grand was basically just a retainer for the rights to the seat, which only gave you the privilege of then buying a season ticket for it each season at further cost?

A couple of links here that are pretty comprehensive in breakdown of price and what you get:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-and-stadium/new-stadium/psl-owners.html

http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-and-stadium/new-stadium/seating-chart.html

I think the "fans are treated better" patter is a complete myth most of the time.

We can only really go on our own experiences, and as someone who's experienced how fans are treated in US sports stadiums and also in Scottish football stadiums, I know where I feel I was treated better.

We can only really go on our own experiences, and as someone who's experienced how fans are treated in US sports stadiums and also in Scottish football stadiums, I know where I feel I was treated better.

Yeah agree, for me personally.

Clearly there are bad experiences everywhere, however.