Season Tickets 2016/17

Toxteth O'Grady

As has been pointed out US fans pay through the nose compared to us. There is also the small issue of cities being forced to either increase taxes to pay for the billionaire owner's new stadium or watch their team leave town. No one in Scotland has had to put up with seeing their team move hundreds of miles away.

There are also teams who are purposely rubbish to try and acquire high draft picks. No fan in Scotland has ever had to put up with a team trying to lose as many games as they can over a season.

• Like 2

No scary old firm fans for a start.

I went to a baseball double header in St Louis in 94 versus the Atlanta Braves, afternoon game was tremendous, the night game was a fucking horrific experience. I went with my sister in law to the night game, she was followed into the bathroom, leary comments, booze thrown at her and the atmosphere was probably the worst I've been around at a sports venue.

The difference I've seen at US sporting events is that it's individuals rather than a collective that mar the experience, at Metlife there was sporadic fighting among Jets and Browns fans, at TD garden a guy wanted to fight a lassie because she was late getting to her seat and he couldn't see past her for 10 seconds, at Gillette there were Lions fans trying it on with our group all through the 2nd half. This idea that there's no crowd trouble is a myth, it's just less obvious. Don't get me wrong I've had great times at all the events I've been to bar Busch stadium at night which was really ugly, the difference at US events is no segregation as such and everyone gets the same treatment through the turnstyles and no over zealous stewarding of groups of away fans.

Aye, the fighting at US sports events is rarely reported. Happens all the time, though and, even worse, in some cities when teams win or lose big games (even college teams) it can result in riots in the streets with shop windows being smashed, cars turned over and the odd shooting.

Tanked up Steelers, Jets, Knicks, Rangers or Browns fans are not averse to kicking off.

• 2 weeks later...

Aye, then got screwed by the SPFL 'computer' same as a couple of other teams. Pish.

The computer just done the same as its done in previous years though, replacing the relegated team with the promoted team. There's been an oversight due to the assumption that the introduction of Rangers would lead to a systemic change.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if half-season tickets are still a thing or if we are still doing the flexi tickets?

I'm moving back to the Lanarkshire area soon but have missed the boat to make a full season ticket worthwhile. Wondering whether either of the above is an option or if I'll be PATG for the rest of this season. Cheers.