Motherwell V St Johnstone Sat 7 May 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Probably the first "last game lap of honour" I've ever not stayed for but I was that scunnered with what I had endured that I couldn't be arsed staying around for it.

That's a shame. I'm sure the players would liked to have thanked you for the encouragement and belief you showed them this season as they turned things around.

• Like 3

Fuck me. Not being allowed to run on to a football pitch from a stand. What a liberty eh. Call in the human rights lawyers.

Keep this simple and take the emotion out of it...club asks fans to stay off the pitch year on year...they don't....measures put it place to make sure fans do. No fans on pitch.

Next year...don't run on the pitch again and maybe they won't have to put the measures in place.

Don't stop fighting the fight though against 'them' and 'the authority' and all the other bad folk out to get ye.

I'll repeat once again. NOT about the ability to run on to the pitch at the end of the season ALL about the disproportionate threat of sanctions made against our club in comparison to others.

Okay so we've had issues with some fans running on the park in previous seasons, some issues too with pyro. Entirely reasonable to say a bit of "bother" all thing considered.

I've read people go back more than a decade to tot up examples to use to justify the severity of the the threats that have been hanging over the club and to justify what the club were forced to put in place yesterday.

Yet let's take a quick skim around at some other examples of "bother". I'll use Celtic as an example seeing as many of us witnessed at close quarters them succeeding in tearing out a number of seats at our very own stadium and distributing them on the track live on TV not so very long ago.

Celtic fans arrested at Pittodrie earlier this season for sectarian abuse and breach of the peace. Celtic fans arrested during a Scottish Cup tie at Tynecastle for sectarian abuse, coin throwing and more breaking of seats in 2014. Nine arrests at Stair Park during a Scottish Cup tie with Stranraer, also in February 2016. Five arrested for violence against police in Amsterdam in 2013. Nine arrests at Celtic's Scottish Cup Semi Final with Rangers recently. Thirty-five arrests in the League Cup Semi Final between the two sides a year or two previously. Two arrests for assault during a minutes silence in Aberdeen in November 2014. December 2012 Celtic fans fighting amongst themselves at Dens Park, pissing in the stands, abusing stewards and police.

I don't need to go back a decade for that, all that's in the last three or four years!

And we're getting this level of grief primarily for some folk running on the park?

No, I couldn't give a damn about being able to run on the park on the last home game of the season but where my club are being treated unfairly when there are other clubs whose offences are of a far greater number and severity then as you put it I most certainly won't stop fighting the fight against 'them' and 'the authority' and all the other bad folk out to get us.

• Like 3

No problem with people not being allowed on the pitch, or the action the club had to take and obviously people have been asked repeatedly and ignored the club's pleas..

The authorities need to be consistent though.

Previously the 'club doing everything it can' angle was satisfactory. It doesn't look like that's the case now, but with that in mind, it should apply across the board, to other clubs who have repeatedly been warned about fans actions.

I'd expect in the interests of objectivity, the threat of sanctions should also apply elsewhere.

• Like 1

The facts are the club had little choice. I suspect that had even 1 fan stepped onto the pitch the authorities would have thrown the book at us. That has nothing to do with disrespect to us. Nothing. Everything to do with avoiding a huge fine and further scrutiny going forwards.

I'd be interested to see if that's true. My basic understanding of the SPFL rulebook is that in normal circumstances the club needs to have taken all reasonably practical measures to control the crowd and ensure order. For example, rightly or wrongly Rangers and Celtic have been cleared in the past for sectarian singing because they have taken all reasonable measures to control the crowd. The endless "stay off the pitch" propaganda and a heavy security presence should have been seen as reasonable. If someone runs on the pitch after that, the club I'm sure would ask "what more could we do? Literally fence them in?". Well, they chose to do that. In my view, that's an unreasonable measure to take.

• Like 1

That's a shame. I'm sure the players would liked to have thanked you for the encouragement and belief you showed them this season as they turned things around.

Selective quoting? Hardly surprising from you. The guy already said he felt it was unfair as they team had finished in top 6.

• Like 1

I'd be interested to see if that's true. My basic understanding of the SPFL rulebook is that in normal circumstances the club needs to have taken all reasonably practical measures to control the crowd and ensure order. For example, rightly or wrongly Rangers and Celtic have been cleared in the past for sectarian singing because they have taken all reasonable measures to control the crowd. The endless "stay off the pitch" propaganda and a heavy security presence should have been seen as reasonable. If someone runs on the pitch after that, the club I'm sure would ask "what more could we do? Literally fence them in?". Well, they chose to do that. In my view, that's an unreasonable measure to take.

My point is based on the not unreasonable expectation that the club simply could not afford to risk it. Say someone or a few did manage to still get on the pitch. We may well have a strong argument based on hordes of stewards and netting to state we did everything in our power to stop it from happening. But would you put it beyond the SPFL to still not impose a fine or further sanctions. I would not.

Thankfully it never became an issue.

I'll repeat once again. NOT about the ability to run on to the pitch at the end of the season ALL about the disproportionate threat of sanctions made against our club in comparison to others.

Agree 100% Andy. The SFA & SPFL don't do strict liability (when it suits them) and as such their inconsistency is staggering. I simply don't trust them and its not beyond possibility that they won't yet come back to hammer us for not meeting some other recommendation ie the club did not take all possible steps to identify offenders.

Forget the authorities. It's just unsafe if fans run down steps and run around on the ptich.

Guess who pays if someone hurts themselves, or worse, accidentally hurts a player, during a pitch invasion?

I'm the last person to support the health and safety brigade, but I don't want my club to suffer financially because insurance premiums are hiked due to someone getting hurt.

And let's be honest here - it wouldn't have been exactly unexpected if there had been more serious consequences after what happened during the play-offs last season.

I'm a big supporrter of standing at games and I think the current laws are unnecessarily restrictve. In particular as they were a result of the Hillsborough events that have been proved to be a failure of the police rather than the fans. The way to address this, however, is to get the rules changed. If you have the club's interest at heart, fight for the rules to be changed. That would be real progess.

• Like 1

That was never proved although the media latched onto it. When fans invaded the pitch, the players understandably rushed for the tunnel and there was quite a melee of bodies, with folk falling and tripping. A Celtic player claimed he'd been kicked from behind but there was no way of knowing what took place.

It definitely happened :ph34r:

Nailed it.

There seems to be some fear that there is a conspiracy going on against our fans, Celtic levels of paranoia at times. If you don't act like a wank then you won't be treated as one. Problem is that there are some that want to act like a wank and don't want to be treated like one.

Oh! The uber fan... Nailed fuck all. Those in question have been classed as 'fannies' & now acting like a wank in your recent posts. You come across as a bit of a holocaust, bet, your life & how you act ain't perfect.

Whilst I understand the need for increased security measures given threat of sanction(s), that ideal of yours 'if you don't act up, you won't be treated accordingly' should in theory be the case, it doesn't always ring true - plenty of evidence available that backs that up.

As been mentioned previously, part of the reprimand placed on the club (upon the world seeing a North African coward take a second prize) was the allowing of the tv/media crews pitch access post match. Laughable in the extreme? Bend over backwards to our media partners for their access all season long. :doh: How would the holier than thou on here have dealt with that?

If we had been playing Hibs or QOS in the playoffs last season would there have been an 8 or 9 month investigation and the threat of further punishment for the fans on the park no i think not...It was all down to the SFA pandering to Rangers and now that they are back to the premiership it will be back to the usual shit, with the SFA only giving a feck about the blue and green ugly sisters.

The premiership teams had a great chance to change the rules and break the Celtic and Rangers dominance for good but they shat it so next season it will be like the last 4 years never happened.

I can't believe people are being so precious about this.

I'm usually on the "heavy hands, empty stands" side of things, but on Saturday the club had to be seen to be doing something.

As others have said, blame the nuggets that goaded the rangers fans, blame Bilel Moshni, the sfa or Rangers.

Motherwell were on a hiding to nothing here, and you are kidding yourself on if you think a few kids wouldn't have got on at full time, to be followed by some that should know better if the club hadn't taken the OTT action.

Unfortunately (and in many cases unfairly) our fans have a pretty poor reputation at the moment, which undoubtedly hasn't helped us on this. The last thing we needed was to give the sfa and media m another stick to beat us with.

Ross Wallace was the "victim" in that case. His lack of pace in getting off the park that day was evident throughout the rest of his career too

Been playing at Championship level (at least) in England for the last decade. He'll be crying into his bank statements.

Been playing at Championship level (at least) in England for the last decade. He'll be crying into his bank statements.

Must've been incredibly character building for him then. On the day he sauntered off as the final day "exuberance" swept past him. and another

tabloId "non-story " was born...

I would have liked the Club to have clearly stated what the punishment/sanctions would have been. All the Club said was that "club could face extremely serious sanctions" if there had been a repetition.

By coming out and announcing what the punishment would have been would let the fans understand the consequences of actions, but more importantly by having put the details of the (potential) punishment out in the public domain any action/threatened against another Club could be measured against this. How often do we Clubs being treated differently depending on who they are?

Oh! The uber fan... Nailed fuck all. Those in question have been classed as 'fannies' & now acting like a wank in your recent posts. You come across as a bit of a holocaust, bet, your life & how you act ain't perfect.

Whilst I understand the need for increased security measures given threat of sanction(s), that ideal of yours 'if you don't act up, you won't be treated accordingly' should in theory be the case, it doesn't always ring true - plenty of evidence available that backs that up.

As been mentioned previously, part of the reprimand placed on the club (upon the world seeing a North African coward take a second prize) was the allowing of the tv/media crews pitch access post match. Laughable in the extreme? Bend over backwards to our media partners for their access all season long. :doh: How would the holier than thou on here have dealt with that?

I'm not saying that there has never been heavy handedness, I have witnessed it myself on a plenty of occasions, pretty much all of them being away so doesn't really have much to do with our clubs stewards. However there are plenty of cases of the fans over stepping the mark. I don't really know how else to get my point across, you're not supposed to go on the park, you're not supposed to set of smokes or flares (I know not relevant to this occasion but you get my point). If you do these things then expect and accept that you are going to get your knuckles wrapped.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying don't do these things, it really doesn't bother me either way, I'm just saying don't cry when you have to face the music.

And yes, I do class those that ran onto the park and tried to wind up the sevco mob as fannies, it was funny, but they are still fannies.

As far as I'm concerned the media can fuck off all together.

• Like 1

I would have liked the Club to have clearly stated what the punishment/sanctions would have been. All the Club said was that "club could face extremely serious sanctions" if there had been a repetition.

By coming out and announcing what the punishment would have been would let the fans understand the consequences of actions, but more importantly by having put the details of the (potential) punishment out in the public domain any action/threatened against another Club could be measured against this. How often do we Clubs being treated differently depending on who they are?

irrelevant wether we knew or not. Club probably didn't know either.

I'm not saying that there has never been heavy handedness, I have witnessed it myself on a plenty of occasions, pretty much all of them being away so doesn't really have much to do with our clubs stewards. However there are plenty of cases of the fans over stepping the mark. I don't really know how else to get my point across, you're not supposed to go on the park, you're not supposed to set of smokes or flares (I know not relevant to this occasion but you get my point). If you do these things then expect and accept that you are going to get your knuckles wrapped.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying don't do these things, it really doesn't bother me either way, I'm just saying don't cry when you have to face the music.

And yes, I do class those that ran onto the park and tried to wind up the sevco mob as fannies, it was funny, but they are still fannies.

As far as I'm concerned the media can fuck off all together.

Wow. Just... Wow. Victory post of the sanctimonious :good: Nobody questioned 'plenty of cases of the fans over stepping the mark'. 'you're not supposed to go on the park?' Who says? Splitting hairs maybe, but, nobody entered the field of play given the match was finished - definitely haven't seen anything in the rules to suggest we deserved the reprimand given. I certainly didn't cry when I had to face the music either as those who know will testify.

'sevco mob' What's one of them? Again, fellow 'Well supporters are fannies? Fanatics, maybe. Dress it up how they like, nothing more than boisterous in an act that was finished and under control as quickly as it happened.

I pointed out the unjust finding of tv/media crews being on the pitch - 'fuck off all together' :doh: great retort by you! Go straight to the top of the class with that one :nod: With an outlook like that, I'd wager the heads of the table at the 'Well Society will be looking to engage your services.

Wow. Just... Wow. Victory post of the sanctimonious :good: Nobody questioned 'plenty of cases of the fans over stepping the mark'. 'you're not supposed to go on the park?' Who says? Splitting hairs maybe, but, nobody entered the field of play given the match was finished - definitely haven't seen anything in the rules to suggest we deserved the reprimand given. I certainly didn't cry when I had to face the music either as those who know will testify.

'sevco mob' What's one of them? Again, fellow 'Well supporters are fannies? Fanatics, maybe. Dress it up how they like, nothing more than boisterous in an act that was finished and under control as quickly as it happened.

I pointed out the unjust finding of tv/media crews being on the pitch - 'fuck off all together' :doh: great retort by you! Go straight to the top of the class with that one :nod: With an outlook like that, I'd wager the heads of the table at the 'Well Society will be looking to engage your services.

The club actively tell people not to go on the park every year.

I never said anything about you specifically I was talking in a general sense.

Yes they are fannies for running over to another teams support and goad them. If one of my mates ran on the park I would call them a fanny as well, if I had done it, I too would have been a fanny, it's a stupid thing to do in my opinion.

I hate the football media in this country. They can't get their noses up the old firms arse any further and talk our game down at every cut and turn but yet are happy to make a living from it so aye, as far as I'm concerned they can fuck off.