Motherwell V St Johnstone Sat 7 May 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Wouldn't say anti old firm. More like anti Rangers. You just need to look at the amount of posts on General football about Rangers to see that. Most folk on here actually hate Rangers more than they like Motherwell.

No doubt i'll be branded a knuckle dragger, BNP supporter , h*n without busfare etc for saying that. Watch yourself Wellarmy, they will try and force you off the board for defending Rangers like they did with MJC.

MJC just moved his own brand of Motherwell supporting over to Pie and Bovril.

The rest of that post...Fucking hell!

Some do yes but very very few. The vast majority love Motherwell first and foremost and dislike Rangers and Celtic equally.

I agree with that, loved Motherwell for over 40 years, whilst my dislike for BOTH sides of the Old Firm has steadily grown over that time. I will cheer on any team playing against either of them.

Some do yes but very very few. The vast majority love Motherwell first and foremost and dislike Rangers and Celtic equally.

Totally agree. I hate both of them with a passion and will cheer on whoever is playing them as long as the outcome doesnt affect Motherwell.

Some people wonder why their is so much hatred towards them though for me its more the fans of the clubs than the actual football clubs themselves that annoy me.

Celtic annoy me because of the constant conspiracy theories, their tripe for years about how everyone goes out their way to lie down to help Rangers and the IRA stuff that gets sung.

Rangers also annoy me because of their sectarian bile, the fans arrogant attitude of how noone is as superior as the mighty Glasgow Rangers and how they have acted in the last 4 years.

They've blamed other clubs and their supporters for just about everything wrong at their club instead of looking at the corrupt people who've run their club over the years.

Fans of both clubs pollute social media with their unique brand of tripe.

• Like 2

I have always disliked both sides of the OF but have tended to dislike rangers that bit more (to eleven). It may just be personal experience, but their worst seems to come across as more vile as celtic's, and they have always seemed to have the media in their pocket.

I've had a 4 great years without Rangers in the league, the overall hilarity has been immense, being a proddy at a proddy school surrounded by h**s right through their 9 in a row years, it's been bliss getting my own back on mates who tormented me because of how shite my team was....the one down side is how it plays right into the stigs hands.

Absolutely hate them both equally

• Like 3

I've had a 4 great years without Rangers in the league, the overall hilarity has been immense, being a proddy at a proddy school surrounded by h**s right through their 9 in a row years, it's been bliss getting my own back on mates who tormented me because of how shite my team was....the one down side is how it plays right into the stigs hands.

Absolutely hate them both equally

I think a lot of us "proddies" at proddy schools encountered that which possibly tilted us into the anti-rangers camp at a younger age. Segregated schools meant we were never exposed to the same nonsense from Celtic fans on a daily basis.

Over the years, however, I think it balances out given the levels of sectarian stupidity that pours out of both teams. As The African said, though, I think hate is too strong a word. More like a healthy derision for both and a little embarrassment that some of their antics would have a place in the 21st century.

'Despise' both clubs in equal measures - Rangers have just had a lot more directed toward them of late cause of the liquidation, the play-of stuff from last year to all the stuff from the cup. Where do you start justifying it?

I was at a proddy school but vast majority of my family are Celtic fans and I used to be called a Celtic fan by my mates at school and a Rangers fan by my cousins, etc - ie, "just a tim/h*n without the bus fare".

Other than that, the paranoia, self-importance, ignorance, bigotry and the downright thick-as-fuckery of not only their fans, but the two clubs, actually causes my piss to boil at times. The folk that stay 5 mins from Fir Park, or Pittodrie, or Dingwall that are "die-hard" Celtic/Rangers fans pisses me off as well. Only country in the world where the team you support is determined by what type of the same religion you are, and where the team you support determines what your political position is. The allegiance of Rangers fans supporting England and Celtic fans supporting Ireland fuels it even more.

Anytime the bigot brothers are playing I'm firmly supporting the referee in the hopes he sends as many of them off as possible - very rarely watching the game. I actually can't wait for the day they piss off to England or the atlantic league and leave us to it. Think Scottish football and Scottish society will be in a much better shape when/if that comes about.

• Like 2

Regarding the last paragraph. While i agree with the sentiment, they probably wouldn't take their fans with them.

:lol:

Aye but the fans will be the english/atlantic leagues problem and we won't have to listen to their bile. And overtime their ridiculous ways will be toned down by playing in a league where 99% of opposition fans don't actually give a fuck about them.

Anytime the bigot brothers are playing I'm firmly supporting the referee in the hopes he sends as many of them off as possible - very rarely watching the game. I actually can't wait for the day they piss off to England or the atlantic league and leave us to it. Think Scottish football and Scottish society will be in a much better shape when/if that comes about.

Regarding the last paragraph. While i agree with the sentiment, they probably wouldn't take their fans with them.

And to perhaps take the thread further away from its original topic in another direction you're dead right they wouldn't. What of course they'd seek to do is retain a presence both in Scotland with B teams whilst they disappear into whatever setup and league will provide them the finance and profile they believe they are entitled to. They would want their cake and eat it from the supporters who suddenly find themselves priced out of paying Champions League style prices every week but who would still turn up to support them in a Scottish league.

I get that many nations allow B sides to progress up to the point they are in the division below the full side but I believe the day that B sides are allowed into senior leagues in this country the games a bogey.

Happily though with each passing year and each new billionaire investor building clubs up across Europe the less the Old Firm have to bring to the table in terms of things like European leagues so the chances of them getting that move they crave gets a little further away.

I've been saying for a while, Champions league will move to the weekend, and domestic football will be relegated to a midweek sideshow.

Unfortunately the old firm poison isn't just football, as shown by Rangers statement the other day lashing out at Nicola Sturgeon amongst others, it's s drop rooted social thing and the clubs play to the lowest denominator.

Another good indicator of the grip they have. 10,000 people turned up on a Monday afternoon to see Brendan Rodgers unveiled.

I can't get my head round it. If Motherwell got a new manager, would anyone think to dress head to toe in replica gear, drink a carry out and head up to the ground? Their fans are mentalists.

• Like 1

This topic should probably be moved to general football but here is my view. I long for the day when Scottish football is rid of the blue and green bigot brothers for good we dont need either of them the other 40 clubs will find their own level and the game and country will be the better for it. For far too long the SFA, SPFL, media etc have pandered to both of them and every other club has suffered, i hope there is a Euro league, or whatever it is called set up and both of them get invited to join Scottish football will be the better for it. ok rant over

• Like 1

Regarding the B sides - Surely uefa wouldn't allow the same club to field sides in different countries?

I'd assume there'd be player registration issues as well with that as the parent club could only be domiciled with one FA.

If they go, they go. Lock, stock and barrel.

Even if the clubs did go, the media will still devote 95% of their content towards them and we'll still have people all over Scotland, from the Highlands and Islands to the Borders, supporting them and spouting their rhetoric. You're not going to see attendances suddenly increase dramatically for the remaining clubs.

An SPFL without the Old Firm in itself wouldn't make any positive difference to our game, initially, because those in charge have proven that they only know how to pander to the demands of Rangers and Celtic. Do we honestly believe a new SPFL with the likes of Stewart Milne and Neil Doncaster in charge would be revitalised, innovative and forward-thinking?

I truly hope and prey that the Old Firm leave Scottish football forever. However, all that would do is offer an opportunity for change. If and when that day comes, it's the responsibility of every fan of every club remaining to make sure that the total root-and-branch reforms are brought in for the good of the game. Then, five, ten, twenty years down the line, if the SPFL actually prospers, we might start to see a new generation of fans being drawn to the positivity of Scottish football and truly shunning the darkness of the Old Firm.

• Like 1