Motherwell V St Johnstone Sat 7 May 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Fuck Sevco lets do them next year every chance.

Here's what that shit was about:

The ghost of Sevco past visited Fir Park today. The management bowed to threats from Sevco and aided by their lackeys at the SPFL to ensure we wasted about 50k we don’t have to police the game v Saints like a “high risk” game. Despite the fact the Sevconianians started the whole thing a year ago.
The management have badly badly judged this and treated the support like shit all because of remonstrations from the deid club.
Absolutely raging.
And Tam Cowan your wrong we didn’t all want to play Hibs last year. Your a Well fan minus 20 years experience on me (and many others).

But more if no fans had went on the pitch.

Don't think we needed to bring in 300 stewards and 800 feet of fishing net to stop that happening.

Do you not think it was OTT on purpose? It was an opportunity to show the authorities that we were taking the threat of sanctions seriously without there being any real threat of a pitch invasion.

The statement from the club is fair enough IMO. It's clearly a political issue (which should be obvious to everyone) and there's an clear emphasis that they had to be seen to be acting. Given the amount the club have been going on about it this week I honestly didn't expect anything other than an OTT presence today.

If there are complaints to be made then they should probably be directed at the SPFL tbh. Hopefully the club can go to the SPFL and highlight just how ridiculous the measures they were obliged to put in place were.

• Like 1

If the fans who ran on the pitch had respected the clubs wishes in previous years the OTT response would t have been required. Those who did it before quite simply couldn't be trusted AND we had to send a message to the SPFL we were dealing with it. So no complaints from me. if you don't renew your season ticket because of that then get a grip of yourself.

• Like 5

Fuck Sevco lets do them next year every chance.

Here's what that shit was about:

The ghost of Sevco past visited Fir Park today. The management bowed to threats from Sevco and aided by their lackeys at the SPFL to ensure we wasted about 50k we dont have to police the game v Saints like a high risk game. Despite the fact the Sevconianians started the whole thing a year ago.

The management have badly badly judged this and treated the support like shit all because of remonstrations from the deid club.

Absolutely raging.

And Tam Cowan your wrong we didnt all want to play Hibs last year. Your a Well fan minus 20 years experience on me (and many others).

Minus 20 years experience?

Have we got to serve the worlds longest apprenticeship before we are real fans?

• Like 2

Totally agree, everyone has been warned in the past.

X3

For years the club have been asking people not to go on the park at the end of the game but people still went on the park, this year the SPFL made it very clear the club would be heavily fined if it happened today so the club had no choice go extreme measure to keep people off the park.

end of story as far as I am concerned

• Like 2

as for today's game, it kind of summed to the season for me

some moments of quality, ref's making poor decisions, the thinness of the squad showing through, battling hard at time, some players sadly lacking when it counts, young players showing promise and letting ourselves down when

however if you told me we'd finish in 4 or 5 at the start of the season I would have taken it

onwards and upwards

Minus 20 years experience?

Have we got to serve the worlds longest apprenticeship before we are real fans?

Nope but maybe just far back enough to remember a Motherwell manager who apologised to the then Rangers for beating them and agreeing that the Rangers fans invading the park getting the game abandoned wasn't really a problem.

Long long memory.

• Like 1

Nope but maybe just far back enough to remember a Motherwell manager who apologised to the then Rangers for beating them and agreeing that the Rangers fans invading the park getting the game abandoned wasn't really a problem.

Long long memory.

But I thought that was a new club we were playing last season? If so, why would events from 37 years previously have anything to do with it?

Anyway, you might remember it was our fans on the pitch last season, not the Sevconionionians or whatever you want to call them.

Not as ludicrous as the way over the top amount of stewards round the pitch at the end of the game. Treating fans like caged animals, give us your season ticket money though.

Get over urself , drama queen.....some fans are going to go on the pitch, in spite of all the requests.Plenty if evidence to back this up and a fine avoided.

• Like 1

But I thought that was a new club we were playing last season? If so, why would events from 37 years previously have anything to do with it?

Anyway, you might remember it was our fans on the pitch last season, not the Sevconionionians or whatever you want to call them.

Just to bring you up to date here is a wee article by a Rangers loving friend of mine:

https://johnjamessite.com/2016/05/06/not-fit-for-purpose/#comments

I quite understand the furore over the army of stewards deployed today. Totally OTT. Even quite a few in front of the POD Stand. However the cost of hiring them would have been much less than the fine the SPFL kangaroo court would have imposed for any breach. Last year at the Sevco play off we had double the recommended number of stewards but the SPFL kangaroo court deemed even that to be inadequate. We have not been allowed to see the report of that investigation and I would ask again what the court's recommendation about levels of stewarding was. This has never been made public.

Whilst I totally understand the furore over the stewarding today our ire should be directed at the SPFL and not MFC.

• Like 1

A pretty disappointing final home game of the season all in all with Saints worth their win.

We got lucky with our goal but still have to give Cadden credit for the harrying and chasing he did that helped bring about the error. A composed finished too from McDonald which was pleasing to see after his miss against Hearts.

It was quite strange after that I felt. Saints gradually took command of the game without looking particularly yet it was who carved out a few chances with Johnson having a superb first 15-20 minutes. If Ainsworth, McDonald or Cadden had taken any of those opportunities it could have been enough to knock the stuffing out of St Johnstone.

But they hung in there and gradually took control. Pushing it a bit to say they deserved to go in ahead but they were certainly worth an equaliser.

The second half was just dire though. Never ever really looked like we'd get level and it was actually a relief when the ref blew for full-time.

Obviously there wasn't the same intensity to the finish of the season as in previous "lap of honour" or two but even that felt quite flat.

Not perhaps the most memorable of afternoons.

I quite understand the furore over the army of stewards deployed today. Totally OTT. Even quite a few in front of the POD Stand. However the cost of hiring them would have been much less than the fine the SPFL kangaroo court would have imposed for any breach. Last year at the Sevco play off we had double the recommended number of stewards but the SPFL kangaroo court deemed even that to be inadequate. We have not been allowed to see the report of that investigation and I would ask again what the court's recommendation about levels of stewarding was. This has never been made public.

Whilst I totally understand the furore over the stewarding today our ire should be directed at the SPFL and not MFC.

The SPFL have warned us about this umpteen times and we have never complied, the only way the message was getting across was the threat of a huge sanction which the club have heeded. My only complaint is that the giant cargo net in front of the East Stand looked like fun but nobody was allowed through it - disappointing.