Should Ally Maxwell Get His Testimonial?

David

Ally Maxwell didn't win us the Scottish cup in fact he was at fault for 2 of Dundee Utd goals. Then he wanted a massive pay rise for the following season. I know Clark clobbered him in the final but did we not have a sub keeper.

Well strictly speaking his great save in the last minute of extra time from Malpas did win us the cup but anyway....

Ally Maxwell didn't win us the Scottish cup in fact he was at fault for 2 of Dundee Utd goals. Then he wanted a massive pay rise for the following season. I know Clark clobbered him in the final but did we not have a sub keeper.

If there was 1 post that could sum up your total of 1,838 posts on this forum, this is it.

• Like 1

"At fault for two Dundee Utd goals"

"did we not have a sub keeper"

some amount of shite is spouted on messageboards, but this one quote from you is a legendary amount of shite

If anyone needed evidence that this fella is a troll.......

Surely nobody could be such a numpty without trying?

To be fair to Ally, I don't think he's asking for a testimonial. This news is 24 years old and largely because he was never really given the opportunity to put his side of the story.

I think if I were him, I would've felt very aggrieved too. His career was on the rise and despite having to see off some imposters like McKeown (who was utter garbage), he'd not only concreted his place in the first team, was a major player. I think it was more John Chapman et al being typically tight, failing to see what wee Tommy was building and in turn stifling our development.

It will always stick in my craw that that era saw some spectacularly conservative fiscal management of the club which saw some top talent slip away (including the manager) to be followed by the arrival of big Eck and an open cheque book.

• Like 2

I think Dewell should receive the Winston Smith award for re-writing history.

What a mean-spirited comment on a guy who underplayed Clark's assault on him and had an amazing save in the last seconds of the cup final.

If it weren't for the fact that so many Steelmen have commented already in Ally's defence, I think I'd be taking a holiday from this site until the new season.

Reminder: this is a site for Motherwell fans.

Ubh: dig your emojis, btw.

• Like 1