League Cup 2016/17

Dezz

So basically you can only get tickets for the POD stand if you have a season ticket? Pretty poor stuff in my opinion, i've been going to that stand for years and because i don't have a season ticket i'll now need to move even though the 2000 or so seats that they're using won't be sold out.I don't really see the need for such strict conditions i mean it's not a match of the same importance as the playoff so why is it not treated in a similar way to when we play Celtic.

I'm the same as you but hoping one of my season ticket holding mates are away on holiday so I can use his allocation.

I honestly thought out game against Rangers would've been at Ibrox - less chance of trouble there, they can keep us in the stadium for 30mins after the game etc - that wont happen at Fir Park

The club are in a no win situation - this game is a bit of a powder keg, the club are doing everything they can so that they do not fall foul of the report. If you have been going for years, surely you must know someone who also sits in there who could get you a ticket??

I honestly thought out game against Rangers would've been at Ibrox - less chance of trouble there, they can keep us in the stadium for 30mins after the game etc - that wont happen at Fir Park

It would have been a very Scottish football decision to send the top seeds to play at the second seeds ground.
  • Like 2

And people wonder why no one take the league cup seriously until the final.....

Maybe we should just not bother entering, seeing how it's just a friendly match and all that. :crazy:

The first competitive game of the season is against Rangers - and if we fail to qualify from this group questions have to be asked of the manager.

McGhee has conned ya'll into low expectations - someone should tell him that finishing tenth and going out in the first round of the cups is not our seasons ambition.

Suits us I suppose cos from what McGhee said we don't really care about the League cup games.

Treated as preseason as I expected.

I don’t care how Rangers choose to approach the game, personally I would go for the jugular (I am sure most of the fans would want that as well). It’s be so long since the first team have won silverware, we should give it our best shot in all cup competitions.

• Like 2

I don’t care how Rangers choose to approach the game, personally I would go for the jugular (I am sure most of the fans would want that as well). It’s be so long since the first team have won silverware, we should give it our best shot in all cup competitions.

Agreed - and even more important that we get out of the group as the club have stated we have budgeted to finish tenth and go out in the first round of the cups.

And yet, we have supporters that "won't question," a failure to get out of this group.

ffs.

We're second favourites to win the group.

If we play well and finish second, I doubt people will be changing their opinion on the manager.

How are we second favourites, we are first Rangers aren't even that good, not how they used to be anyway, they've got better from last season but really we should be beating them

Agreed - and even more important that we get out of the group as the club have stated we have budgeted to finish tenth and go out in the first round of the cups.

And yet, we have supporters that "won't question," a failure to get out of this group.

ffs.

The group stage is the first round. (http://spfl.co.uk/league-cup/fixtures/)

That aside, I do think we will beat Rangers and I do think we will advance anyway.

If anyone thinks we won't have an almost full strength team out against The Rangers then they are wrong.

May not be up too full speed but it will be as strong a team as we can. Guaranteed.

Warburton getting his excuses in early. After we beat them I fully expect McGhee to tell the media we didnt play our full strength team either.

The group stage is the first round. (http://spfl.co.uk/league-cup/fixtures/)

That aside, I do think we will beat Rangers and I do think we will advance anyway.

i am aware the group stages are the first round, and we have landed a bonus ball game having Rangers in our group.

The club have made it clear we are skint, so we should be thankful for the money from that game. As you know they've stated that the club has budgeted for tenth place and going out in the first round of the cups.

I also agree that we should go for the jugular. Beating Rangers and qualifying top of the group would be a lovely start to the season. Problem is, we have clowns here that think the manager shouldn't be answerable for non-qualification from this group. I find that laughable, and it only confirms my long held belief that some Motherwell fans are not happy until they are unhappy.

i am aware the group stages are the first round, and we have landed a bonus ball game having Rangers in our group.

The club have made it clear we are skint, so we should be thankful for the money from that game. As you know they've stated that the club has budgeted for tenth place and going out in the first round of the cups.

I also agree that we should go for the jugular. Beating Rangers and qualifying top of the group would be a lovely start to the season. Problem is, we have clowns here that think the manager shouldn't be answerable for non-qualification from this group. I find that laughable, and it only confirms my long held belief that some Motherwell fans are not happy until they are unhappy.

OK doke