League Cup 2016/17

Dezz

We are going via Carlisle but coming in at around £28 return. Price previously was around £18 but jumped up a touch.

Going on the 7:52am to Carlisle. Will have breakfast and a few pints before heading over to Annan. 6:13pm out of Annan on the way back, changing at Carlisle. Get back into Motherwell at 8:15pm.

We are going via Carlisle but coming in at around £28 return. Price previously was around £18 but jumped up a touch.

Going on the 7:52am to Carlisle. Will have breakfast and a few pints before heading over to Annan. 6:13pm out of Annan on the way back, changing at Carlisle. Get back into Motherwell at 8:15pm.

Reading this has put the idea of going in my head now... £21.40 as far as I can see.

Magic cheers for the info!

I also agree that we should go for the jugular. Beating Rangers and qualifying top of the group would be a lovely start to the season. Problem is, we have clowns here that think the manager shouldn't be answerable for non-qualification from this group. I find that laughable, and it only confirms my long held belief that some Motherwell fans are not happy until they are unhappy.

Players aren't at full match fitness, we are trying into integrate new players into the side and generally everyone is a bit ring rusty. Most likely with 4 games in two weeks there will also be lots of player rotation between matches, no settled line ups and we might not even have brought in important first team players who will figure for the rest of the season.

All these things mean we won't be up to speed when we are playing these matches and because of these reasons all of these ties are potentially slippery, never mind Rangers. We saw a 2nd string lose at Arbroath yesterday.

The beginning of the season brings unknown qualities, we can't even really judge what sort of level Rangers will be since they have brought in a lot of new players and are stepping up to the top league for the first time in a while.

What sort of answers do you want from the manager should we lose to Rangers or fail to qualify from the group?

• Like 1

If we are as poorly prepared for the Rangers game as we were the Starjnan game McGhee will suffer a similar reaction to McCall's.

Given our poor cup record, the financial disadvantage the fixture list has handed us and our previous result and performance we need to put in a strong performance. The game hasn't sneaked up on us. We should be ready.

Players aren't at full match fitness, we are trying into integrate new players into the side and generally everyone is a bit ring rusty. Most likely with 4 games in two weeks there will also be lots of player rotation between matches, no settled line ups and we might not even have brought in important first team players who will figure for the rest of the season.

All these things mean we won't be up to speed when we are playing these matches and because of these reasons all of these ties are potentially slippery, never mind Rangers. We saw a 2nd string lose at Arbroath yesterday.

The beginning of the season brings unknown qualities, we can't even really judge what sort of level Rangers will be since they have brought in a lot of new players and are stepping up to the top league for the first time in a while.

What sort of answers do you want from the manager should we lose to Rangers or fail to qualify from the group?

"Why could you not qualify from a group including Rangers, Stranraer, Annan Athletic and East Stirlingshire?"

I think it would be a fair question.

"Why could you not qualify from a group including Rangers, Stranraer, Annan Athletic and East Stirlingshire?"

We don't have a great cup record in recent years but yes I'd expect to beat Stranraer, Annan and East Stirling. That said, early season games against smaller clubs can be tricky for any premiership team. As yet, we don't have a central midfield in place and thats a critical area of the team.

I have no idea how good or poor or Rangers will be be but they'll be no pushover. I hope we'll win the group and thats quite possible but if we don't we will be thrown into a runners up pot with 7 other sides and I've no idea how that will pan out.

Only 4 runners up from 8 go through to the next round so if we lose a match, most probably against Rangers, we are far from guaranteed qualification.

I've already had this argument but I don't think Motherwell have any divine right to get out this group, although of course, I hope we do.

Also remember there are no drawn games and they go to penalties after 90 minutes. We could pummel a minnow draw 0-0 at 90 minutes and then lose on penalties.

• Like 1

We must surely be favourites to top the group. The Rangers game will be tough, however, if we approach the game in the correct manner we should have enough to edge it.

3/1 to beat Rangers with the bookies.

Looking at the coupon actually, in all 16 LC games this weekend, the away team is odds on i.e. All higher seed teams with the exception of Motherwell seem to be playing away.

We must surely be favourites to top the group. The Rangers game will be tough, however, if we approach the game in the correct manner we should have enough to edge it.

You been sniffing something UBH? Sounds like we've been poor in friendlies, losing goals for fun, looking off the pace and still bedding in the new players,

Haven't a feckin clue how Rangers have been doing, but considering it's their first game back in top flight (albeit league cup) and are a totally different team from the play-off one, they will fancy their chances

Haven't a feckin clue how Rangers have been doing,

But you'll still have a pop at someone who thinks we could beat them?

They were ordinary last season away from home and they haven't exactly been shopping at the high end of the market this close season.

Playing in mid July is a joke. We are rebuilding, which is necessary, so it is hardly surprising that our squad is not ready. These games will be better than friendliest so will help in the process, but I will not lose any sleep if the performances seem below par and the results do not go our way. The league has to be our priority.

• Like 1