League Cup 2016/17

Dezz

You would think that being the number one seed, Rangers would need to travel to Fir Park.

I thought they would have made half the groups Prem home to Champ and half the opposite for a bit of variety.

It looks like the games will be getting scheduled behind closed doors for the benefit of TV.

It looks like the games will be getting scheduled behind closed doors for the benefit of TV.

Thats my take on it too. The more I learn about this league cup set up the more I dislike it. The devil is certainly in the detail.

Rangers and Celtic don't like games televised at their home grounds as it affects their attendances.

Few Rangers fans on facebook already talking about Karma for the playoffs, would be a great start to the season if we put them in their place.

They have a strange idea about karma. A pre-season win in a diddy cup would hardly be payback for being dumped back into the first division for another year.

• Like 2

Where's the advantage of being top seeds if we end up away from home to the second seeds?

That means we should have all our games at home as we are higher seeds than all the other teams. The seeding was to keep last season's Premiership teams apart, nothing else as far I am aware.

They have a strange idea about karma. A pre-season win in a diddy cup would hardly be payback for being dumped back into the first division for another year.

Especially when we don't necessarily need to win that game to qualify.

I agree. Great draw.

Gives us a chance to earn a few pennies and stick it to them once again. Hopefully at Fir Park.

Even were we to lose - the next 3 teams are easier than some other draws.

Thinking about it - apart from Airdrie also it was a cracking draw. Will go to Annan away if a weekend.

Hopefully we get a decent turn out v h**s at home. Few people go missing for these games. No stomach for the fight

Adds a bit of spice and gets the season up and running. Hopefully these games will be better than pre season friendliest so that we are ready for real business when the league kicks off. The draw itself gives us a chance to make a bit of cash and progress to the next stage. All good.

Few Rangers fans on facebook already talking about Karma for the playoffs, would be a great start to the season if we put them in their place.

Aye, did you not know we were ment to roll over and let them win. Would love to see exactly how their thought process works.

Fecking typical we are the first 'big' team to face them following the cup game.

Feels like the Cup game following their relegation. They will be all fired up for vengeance. I hope it's not at Fir Parl as doubt we can afford the replacement seats.

Will be nice if we beat them but will be a tricky tricky game.

They're all playing the same number of games so I assume points and then goal difference. The information may be out there but it seems a bit disorganised with mistakes on the website and not knowing home and away fixtures prior to the draw.