Pre Season?

Kmcalpin

It's in that far flung place - Hamewilldaeme. It'll be Dalziel Park for thrills.

Its not the location thats important its what the players do there. Remember a couple of years ago we had a pre season jolly to the Algarve and look what happened after that?

I concur.

I think you underestimate the benefits of a pre-season filled with jogging, trying to hit the bar from corners and footgolf!! Just what you need to get you into shape for a long season!!

I’m guessing under McGhee footgolf will be off the itinerary!!

• Like 1

Down time at pre-season tripa happens all the time..whether it's foot golf or playing pool or lying about looking at your phone. You can't train 100% of the time. The mistake he club made was filming it for some laughs....alongside the other videos showing us actually training.

Down time at pre-season tripa happens all the time..whether it's foot golf or playing pool or lying about looking at your phone. You can't train 100% of the time. The mistake he club made was filming it for some laughs....alongside the other videos showing us actually training.

I obviously know this was downtime, it was purely sarcasm!!

As you say the mistake was filming it without showing any of the tougher training in the algarve. I thought the footage from Holland under Baraclough last season was excellent. It showed some of the proper training involved, Power hour / Conditioning etc I found that 100% more interesting than them fann£ing about at footgolf!!

• Like 1

The Starjnan game proved that the Algarve was a disaster.

I'd imagine the big benefit of going away is that you can control diet, recovery and sleep. Hopefully the players realise preseason is 24/7 and not just a couple of sessions a day at Dalziel Park.

Its not the location thats important its what the players do there. Remember a couple of years ago we had a pre season jolly to the Algarve and look what happened after that?

It'll also help that we're supposed to have one of the best summers in 30 odd years this year, so even if the weather was an argument, it shouldn't be this year.

Taking players abroad for the sake of it is a load of shite anyway (other than being able to keep an eye on them 24/7 for 4 or 5 days). They've had a longer spell off than they usually get, so hopefully they've all re-charged their batteries, had a holiday or two and are now readying themselves for some hard work during pre-season in the Scottish climate, whatever that may throw at them.

• Like 1

My main memory of that trip and the great clips that were sent back was a shooting drill McGhee undertook with the strikers. He came away with a phrase "believe you me" whilst explaining the routine and demonstrating whatever it was he wanted to get across.

He came across as if he had total belief in what he was doing and that it was right.

It was discussed on the podcast the other night about McGhee's confidence, self belief and him being a winner and to me that clip epitomised his self assurance.

You just felt good times lay ahead watching work with the players.