Fixtures 2016/17

Toxteth O'Grady

If, as some people are saying that Rangers took over Dundee Uniteds fixtures then I assume they will be predicted to finish in the bottom 6. If they finish top 6 then the theoretical possibility could exist where they could have an uneven split of home/away games. They could also end up playing Celtic 3 times away. Do you think that'll happen, not in a million years. The SPFL will rearrange everyone's fixtures to make sure the big two aren't inconvenienced.

This is the point that teams (ourselves included) will have the right to moan and release mentalist statements. Right now we got the shitey end of the stick aff the big computer. Only when (and I believe it is when, not if) they sort the h**s out to having a 19/19 home away effort then we can start the grumble.

In 1981 gate sharing was stopped. It's time league gates were pooled and distributed among teams, the league should be the business not the teams.

Now that would be fantastic, The league the business and the spoils shared. It's far too late in the game now unfortunately. Nice idea though.

• Like 1

Hibernian / Hamilton.

Hamilton might have taken on Hibernian's fixtures, but that doesn't explain why when Hearts were relegated that same season, Dundee weren't given a complete reversal of their fixtures the following season. I also fail to see how Hibernian and Hamilton caused us to be given four games at Tannadice in two seasons

Dundee would have been club 11 and Accies club 12. So Accies would have took on Hearts fixtures, not Dundee. This seems to have worked out when you look at Motherwell fixtures.

The Tannadice scenario is a valid point. I'd guess that this relates to the number of times the two Dundee teams play at home on the same weekend, iis kept to a minimum.

As others have pointed out, unless we go back to playing each other twice or four times a season, there is always going to be room for people to point out perceived injustices. Motherwell, along with other clubs, agreed to this stupid system. So they can stop moaning and just get on with it...

• Like 5

As others have pointed out, unless we go back to playing each other twice or four times a season, there is always going to be room for people to point out perceived injustices. Motherwell, along with other clubs, agreed to this stupid system. So they can stop moaning and just get on with it...

This ^^^ . we also spent 4 years saying that we don't need Rangers and their money then start greetin when they're only turning up once to Fir Park.The feckin Orcs are pissing themselves at that one. Mibbe we should think about trying and get our arses in the top six to even that out.

Dundee would have been club 11 and Accies club 12. So Accies would have took on Hearts fixtures, not Dundee. This seems to have worked out when you look at Motherwell fixtures.

The Tannadice scenario is a valid point. I'd guess that this relates to the number of times the two Dundee teams play at home on the same weekend, iis kept to a minimum.

It didn't work out. As I said, whoever took over Hearts fixtures, we should have been due to play them once at home, but we got two home games against both Dundee & Hamilton.

It didn't work out. As I said, whoever took over Hearts fixtures, we should have been due to play them once at home, but we got two home games against both Dundee & Hamilton.

My mistake. So we were due 2 against Accies but only 1 against Dundee. For whatever reason, that was reversed with United. I'm sure other anomalies could be found over the years.

It's a shame the situation couldn't have been handled by Motherwell with greater dignity.m, possibly debating their point outwith the public glare.

Listening to Radio Scotland the reaction was that this is a consequence of the 12 team league. If you want fairness then move to 16, a view that has been reflected by a few on here.

Listening to Radio Scotland the reaction was that this is a consequence of the 12 team league. If you want fairness then move to 16, a view that has reflected by a few on here.

There's quite a good (and fair) bit by Gordon Waddell in the Mail about it as well. Again focusing on the ridiculousness of a situation where the league structure continues to throw up anomalies but the clubs who actually comprise the league continue to ignore it.

• Like 1

If the talk of Team 11 and 12 is correct, it could be that Accies and Dundee took the fixtures of St Mirren and Partick who had been teams 11 and 12 the previous season. Likewise last season we could have had Team 11's (or 12's depending how the play off winner is allocated) while this season we could have team 5's fixtures.