Fixture List - Club Stance

Goggles & Flippers

125 members have voted

1. 1. Were the club right to complain about the fixture list?

• Yes - We're being compromised financially and given a sporting disadvantage
    • No - Rangers & Celtic are no different to any other club when it comes to fixtures

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised that all the xmas eve fixtures are not at 1pm or something. Still a chance it could get moved to Friday night or sat lunchtime for tv. Only game likely to be picked is us or Accies v Celtic...maybe both.

Smart man :lol:

Friday December 23, 2016

Ladbrokes Premiership

Motherwell v Aberdeen

Live on BT Sport, kick-off 7.45pm

Saturday December 24, 2016

Ladbrokes Premiership

Hamilton Academical v Celtic

Live on Sky Sports, kick-off 12.30pm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

None I would hope. If folk stay home to watch another SPFL team, be it Centicing or Rangers or anyone, then we really are fighting a losing battle.

Agree, but a lot of folk would've watched that on tv before heading along. Won't have a great affect on our travelling support I wouldn't imagine, more likely to affect the home gate, with casual/neutral punters giving it a miss. (I think accies pick up a bit of support through their kids teams etc.)

Point I'm making is, it gives folk an excuse not to go, in a climate where we should be doing everything to get folk in grounds.

Agree, but a lot of folk would've watched that on tv before heading along. Won't have a great affect on our travelling support I wouldn't imagine, more likely to affect the home gate, with casual/neutral punters giving it a miss. (I think accies pick up a bit of support through their kids teams etc.)

Point I'm making is, it gives folk an excuse not to go, in a climate where we should be doing everything to get folk in grounds.

True.