Fixture List - Club Stance

Goggles & Flippers

125 members have voted

1. 1. Were the club right to complain about the fixture list?

• Yes - We're being compromised financially and given a sporting disadvantage
    • No - Rangers & Celtic are no different to any other club when it comes to fixtures

Saying it's not fair that we have to travel midweek is pathetic. Suggesting that Dundee or Aberdeen who would have journeys almost identical to ours should travel instead is pathetic. Playing in the top Scottish league yet complaining about having to go places in Scotland is pathetic.

The longest journey is three hours each way, that's nothing compared to the travelling English fans do. Scotland is also very easy to get around these days due to all the motorway upgrades across the country.

Motorway upgrades?

Are you the transport minister reporting to Sturgeon?

Of all the absolutely ridiculous posts you have made, thus is right up there.

• Like 2

Motorway upgrades?

Are you the transport minister reporting to Sturgeon?

Of all the absolutely ridiculous posts you have made, thus is right up there.

I don't understand why. Compared to driving to games 10-20 years ago it's quicker and easier to get to almost every ground. Compare a trip to Kilmarnock in the 90s to now as an example.

Don't think there is any cocksucking being here, blue or green.

It's that everyone should face them a total of 3 times pre-split at home. Allowing for 1 home and 1 away post split.

The current 50-50 ish split among our own fans could have been avoided with common sense. If there was a fair fixture list then there would be no debate at all.

People would switch to working out if they were going to praise or blame McGhee for when he started pre-season, the intensity, the nature of our -pre-seasons, footgolf or lack of/inspired signings and other bullshit.

If there was a fair fixture list then there would be no debate at all.

but thats impossible,

and thats the point many are making,

simply the fact that there cannot be a fair fixture list in a 12/split league, it has never been possible , people/clubs choose to ignore that for supposed commercial gain

why is nobody shouting off that we are away to Killie twice pre-split,

we were top six they were bottom, seeding means they aren't expected to make top six this season, but nobody is even mentioning it

or that we have Dundee at Fir Park twice again this season , same as last?

because none of it is about fairness , its all about perceived ££££'s.

• Like 2

I'm not the one changing it

you have everyone playing the blue or green, 4 times a season and claiming a fair fixture list

funny definition of fair, if it only refers to 'blue or green' games , borderline .......sucking

Genuine question, albeit a hypothetical one: if MFC was one of the clubs who had both CFC & RFC at home would we have heard a peep from the club about "sporting and commercial advantages"? Judging by the fact that that most clubs in the league have hardly been rushing to back MFC & PTFC then I'd hazard a guess at no. They'd be sitting on their hands waiting to count the cash and that's the hypocrisy with the club's stance.

The club can wheeze on all it likes about "but that's not how it used to be" however as I've pointed out at length that, in my opinion, is a weak argument. The fact is the SPL folded in 2013 so the league body has changed, the SPFL has an extensive set of rules and regulations so unless there's a clause in the current rules allowing for fixtures in the Premiership to be weighted taking into account two clubs and the size of their fanbase or unless there is a formal agreement between clubs in the top league that fixtures should be weighted in that manner then for MFC to cry about fixtures being drawn in roughly the same way they were last season doesn't wash for me. I understand their grievance and why they feel disadvantaged, but really they need to just suck it up.

If the club feel that strongly about equality and a fair playing field then they should be lobbying for a league format that genuinely allows a fair playing field without having to manipulate fixtures in order to create what they perceive to be a "parity" rather than bleating about only having one home game against either cheek.

• Like 2

No we wouldn't. Just like we didn't hear a peep when it turned out we'be got Rangers at home in the cup or when we had Celtic at home twice last season pre-split when some teams only got them once.

Also Motherwell don't want a level playing field for all either. As it means either smaller league, more games or less games (against Rangers and Celtic).

So if Hearts or Killie support us they have to do a press release, for all we know there's been objections raised in private, then again, they could be doing as you said and looking the other way sheepishly while whistling.

Ann Budge at Hearts seems to be fair minded and we have a good working relationship due to the fan ownership models at both clubs, I'd be surprised if she didn't say anything but then again, they pretty much fill Tynecastle every week with their own fans, away support is mostly inconsequential, so who knows.

The only thing we do know is Partick Thistle's displeasure along with our own has been voiced publicly. Accies are also affected and probably a few more teams with the midweek fixtures. If the club said nothing they'd be getting maligned on here for ignoring the fans. Damned if they do, damned if they don't, shown above by how the vote went.

I think the issue here is you feel things should be documented and I suggest all that needed to be employed here was common sense. As I've said before, it was either missed or sanctioned by x people at Hampden before publishing, why it got to that stage is beyond me.

It's the clubs responsibility primarily to look out for MFC, it's employees and it's support, second tier is the premier league, third the lower leagues and the national team probably crowbars itself in there somewhere too.

It's just as a support we seem to be so quick to jump on the day to day management of the club to find holes when by and large they are approachable, reasonably open and looked upon favourably by the press/peers.

• Like 1

Very disappointing that the polls now shows that the majority of voters want to voluntarily confer a special status on Rangers the minute they are back in the top league.

Fairly clear now that all the same mistakes will be made all over again and that nothing changes - at Motherwell, at Rangers, at whatever jumble of letters runs the league this year...

Very disappointing that the polls now shows that the majority of voters want to voluntarily confer a special status on Rangers the minute they are back in the top league.

Fairly clear now that all the same mistakes will be made all over again and that nothing changes - at Motherwell, at Rangers, at whatever jumble of letters runs the league this year...

The chance was there 4 years ago to change the way the league was run in scotland for the better but it was not taken by the clubs so now its back to business as usual with 99% of the SPFL's time and effort concentrated on keeping 2 clubs happy to the detriment of the other 40 ably assisted by the shambles that is the SFA.

There's a bit of bad luck with the 3rd best supported team only coming once too, and that being on Christmas Eve, which will knock a fair few off the gate.

I think we're playing Aberdeen on Christmas Eve.

Hearts have an average of 3000 more fans at every home game than the Sheep despite having a small stadium. Considering the size of the City and it's location Aberdeen have a horrendous support.

I think we're playing Aberdeen on Christmas Eve.

Hearts have an average of 3000 more fans at every home game than the Sheep despite having a small stadium. Considering the size of the City and it's location Aberdeen have a horrendous support.

I was basing it on travelling support, I'd guess Aberdeen brought slightly more, but them and Hearts are maybe much the same?

I was basing it on travelling support, I'd guess Aberdeen brought slightly more, but them and Hearts are maybe much the same?

I think Aberdeen brought more last season but in the context of having a chance to win the league it was still a mediocre support.

If Hearts are on form they'll bring more I think.

I would love it if this fixture list backfires and the top 6 is:

Aberdeen,

Celtic,

Hamilton

Motherwell

Partick

Rangers

We would be due to play 4 of the other 5 at home.... Haven't looked at Hamilton or Partick's fixture to see what they'd be expecting, but they'd also be looking at getting a visit from the gruesome twosome.

I know it's unlikely but who would have said Wales and Northern Ireland would've made the knockout stages of the Euros? or Leicester win the EPL?

The authorities conferred special status on them by creating a League that allowed them to play 4 OF games a season.

They then conferred a 2nd special status to them by granting them automatic entry into the bottom tier.

The other clubs granted them special status by allowing the voting structure to remain in favour of the OF.

There's not a whole lot we can do about that as fans except complain and/or not go to matches.

So given the above, all this particular discussion boils down to: if we are forced to have this mob in our league, should we care if we can't make a similar amount from them as our peers?

The stupidity of the split, and the voting system and the TV payments, and the prize pool and the media domination are much larger issues and unlikely to ever be addressed unless we see the day when the bigot twins leave the SPFL.

Pure embarrassing imo. whingin about not being able to play them more often.no wonder a lot on here dont go as we are always pandering to them and always will it looks like.

As someone said before I thought after playoff game we would take control everytime we played them but hasnt been the case and never will unfortunately.

• 2 months later...

I have noticed a lot of clubs are changing their fixtures planned for 24th Dec and with us playing Aberdeen then, I was wondering if there was any plans to move this fixture as I am sure that it would be in our interest as we usually get a couple of thousand of their fans for that game but cannot see them getting a couple of hundred on Xmas eve!!