2016'17 Strips Launched Today

ropy

I don't think they will be sold without Motorpoint on them. I reckon it's just the shop had photos of the kits taken for the website before the sponsorship was confirmed.

They have literally said that they will be sold without sponsors. "We can confirm that the sponsors logo will only appear on the 1st team kit, retail kit will have no sponsors logo." https://twitter.com/thewellshop/status/751353563343949825

They have literally said that they will be sold without sponsors. "We can confirm that the sponsors logo will only appear on the 1st team kit, retail kit will have no sponsors logo." https://twitter.com/thewellshop/status/751353563343949825

Ooft... That's good news then. Clearly I hadn't seen the club shop's twitter! Like them both more already in that case.

Strangely I think the ones with the sponsor look absolutely horrific, but the ones without the sponsor look fantastic! Just shows what a difference a poorly integrated logo makes.

And fitted sleeves at last! :D

• Like 1

Strangely I think the ones with the sponsor look absolutely horrific, but the ones without the sponsor look fantastic! Just shows what a difference a poorly integrated logo makes.

Totally agree. The home shirt looks 100% better and I don't even mind the white trim on it now.

Like them both, particularly without the sponsor.

Previous retail kits were sold without the Castle Water logo on the back and Motorpoint logo on the shorts so I would imagine this is probably half way between a full sponsorship package and the previous deal.

My grandson's first question - why is my strip different from the first team?

Strange decision?

Apart from the sponsor the replica kits will be the same as the first team kits. Fans generally prefer kits without the sponsors logo and I think it’s great that Motherwell are offering this service.

• Like 1

My grandson's first question - why is my strip different from the first team?

Strange decision?

Tell him to get a job and buy one aff Dom Thomas then, should fit.

Apart from the sponsor the replica kits will be the same as the first team kits. Fans generally prefer kits without the sponsors logo and I think it’s great that Motherwell are offering this service.

Fans 30+ maybe, but a 10 year old wants the same gear as his idols - these aren't, because they are missing one vital ingredient.

I take it they won't be marketing them as 'replica' kits - cause they ain't. ;)

The sponsor logos are poor, look like they have just been stuck on without any kind of design input.

Also agree there is too much amber in the home kit and that we need to put the '91 Cup Final to bed but overall they look like decent kits.

Conjecture, but I assume the delay in the negotiations was Motorpoint wanting sponsors on the replica kit, but can't afford the additional cost of doing so. So they have chosen to only sell their logo on one replica kit, that being the away. Which I will hazard a guess will be blue, given the Motorpoint colour scheme.

You heard it here first. Watch this space! ;)

Home and third kits launched today, with Motorpoint as the new shirt sponsor.

Multi-coloured logo in the claret band doesn't really work for me, tbh...as long as there needs to be something there, white and/or amber only looks classier. But I won't be buying one at my age anyway ;)
Edited by Andy_P
Aww Jeez oh numpty new thread!?!?!?! I'll actually have to do some moderating now! :)