2016'17 Strips Launched Today

ropy

Just on twitter that replica strips can have the sponsor printed if you want. So that solves any issues with kids (or anyone else) wanting it on there and others not. Good stuff.

(Prize for first person to moan that it will probably cost more...no info on that yet so save it.)

Agreed. Good work from the club (and Motorpoint from the sound of things).

• Like 1

Totally agree with all the 1991 debate.

It is not the European competition that we won, but the domestic cup. Hibs won it last year!

The love in with the 91 cup win is just a bit embarassing now aye it was good but let it drop ffs. A point i noticed is if the 3rd kit has the names of the 91 squad on it does that mean that we are paying those fomer players for use of the names / image rights etc ? If so not sure how much cash is involved but as every penny is a prisoner these days if true it seems an unecessary waste of money

The love in with the 91 cup win is just a bit embarassing now aye it was good but let it drop ffs. A point i noticed is if the 3rd kit has the names of the 91 squad on it does that mean that we are paying those fomer players for use of the names / image rights etc ? If so not sure how much cash is involved but as every penny is a prisoner these days if true it seems an unecessary waste of money

So by the same rules we forget all previous honours, faults and failings in our club history? I.e. forget the hoop around the shirt, forget claret and amber etc. because that's all in the past so we should be sick of it?. Its a major part of our clubs history ffs

So by the same rules we forget all previous honours, faults and failings in our club history? I.e. forget the hoop around the shirt, forget claret and amber etc. because that's all in the past so we should be sick of it?. Its a major part of our clubs history ffs

wind your neck in and stop talking shite who mentioned hoops and club colours or club history. The 91 cup win 25th anniversary has been marked and done to death, did we have a 50th anniversary shirt in 2002 for the 52 win no, will we be bringing out a 100 year shirt in 2032 to celebrate our last top league title no, so why did the club feel we needed a strip for the 91 win.

A major part but not the only part, which barring the 125th anniversary, you might be inclined to think was the only element of history that has been worth acknowledging in the past couple of decades.

As a club Motherwell FC have done an absolutely incredible job of acknowledging the 1991 Cup winning side and keeping their legend fresh in the mind, but at some stage a line has to be drawn.

In my mind creating a kit, which appears solely to mark that 25th anniversary, is just one acknowledgement too many.

• Like 1

Not sure if we will be paying former players anything. However I agree with a lot of posters why are we continuing to celebrate something that occurred 25 years ago? We could have been proud if rangers Celtic Aberdeen and hearts had a monopoly on the domestic cups over that period but not so - off the top my head Inverness Ross county Dundee Utd Kilmarnock st mirren and HIbs FFS have all tasted success over that period. Also ruins a nice looking strip.

wind your neck in and stop talking shite who mentioned hoops and club colours or club history. The 91 cup win 25th anniversary has been marked and done to death, did we have a 50th anniversary shirt in 2002 for the 52 win no, will we be bringing out a 100 year shirt in 2032 to celebrate our last top league title no, so why did the club feel we needed a strip for the 91 win.

I don't think commemorating 91 is about 'just' a cup win. It is widely regarded as one of the best finals ever and 2 of the team tragically passed away at very young ages. For me that's what makes it ok to mark 91 with this kind of thing. I doubt we would mark a league cup win in 2017 in 2032 in quite the same way for instance.

In my mind creating a kit, which appears solely to mark that 25th anniversary, is just one acknowledgement too many.

Like the special edition 125 top fans should have an option to buy it if they want. However, I would have kept it purely as leisure wear available to buy in The Well Shop. Personally, I would have thought long and hard about releasing it as an official team kit as it does seem a bit naff. It also spoils a nice kit.

It's a thankless task trying to design a strip that will please every single fan.

I'm sure everyone will warm to it when the team score a few goals and get a few wins wearing it.

Starting on July 16th hopefully!!

• Like 1

...will we be bringing out a 100 year shirt in 2032 to celebrate our last top league title no, so why did the club feel we needed a strip for the 91 win.

I know it was a long time ago, however, it is still the single greatest achievement in our clubs history. To win a league title is the hardest thing to do in domestic football. Consequently, when the time comes I am sure we will recognise it. While the 91 cup win was brilliant, I don’t view it as greater than the our 1952 Scottish Cup win. However, until we win it again, I am sure the club will find a way to keep reminding us every 5 years.

I know it was a long time ago, however, it is still remains as the single greatest achievement in our clubs history. To win a league title is still the hardest thing to do in domestic football. Consequently, when the time comes I am sure we will recognise it. While the 91 cup win was brilliant, I dont view it as greater than the our 1952 Scottish Cup win. However, until we win it again, I am sure the club will find a way to keep reminding us every 5 years.

Making a big thing of the 25th makes sense. It's a date most things have a big anniversary for and it's in most people's living memory.

For me the league win and first cup win don't mean as much as the 91 win. But that's just me maybe.

It's also obviously much harder to get material together for the older events (e.g dvd, former players etc).

What we shouldn't do is forget our history. But I do agree we shouldn't celebrate things every 5 year as it loses value...25/50/100/125 etc is good enough for me if anything.

I have always liked the all Amber look , in this strip and previous strips.

Its also good for washing after games as you don't need to worry about mixing dark and light loads and the colours running.

Mr Papadopolous likes this.
  • Like 4