2016'17 Strips Launched Today

ropy

I like that Marseille one

They involved a tattoo artist in the design. He designed a new logo that featured on the sleeve of the shirt. You need to be brave to wear these designs with jeans. Double denim is a look that is hard to pull off, unless of course you are a member of Status Quo.

a94110b023b247404c73e39010428602.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywe9yA049eg

I was wondering when macron would give us one of their more quirky designs and I'm happy with this, although as many have said already white shorts would have been better. At the moment if I were to buy one of the tops then I think that it would be the away and probably with the sponsor on it unless it looks as though it's going to start peeling like cash converters always did.

I've noticed a few people on here and on social media saying they want the shirt with the sponsor on. I can appreciate some kids will want it so they look just like the players, but why do adults want the shirt with a sponsor printed on when they don't need to have it?

I'm genuinely curious as to why adults would want it. To me you're walking about needlessly advertising a company you have nothing to do with and their logo often detracts from the shirt design. Looking forward to some comments...

• Like 1

You've kinda answered it yourself when you said the sponsor often detracts from the look of the shirt. That means sometimes it doesn't. Id have the home shirt with no sponsor, but I think the blue away kit looks better with it.

Take the sponsor off the home and its still a Motherwell replica top. Take the sponsor off the away and its just a blue polo shirt that I wouldn't wear. It needs the sponsor to make it a football top for going to games in.

Edited to say...no-one should be "walking around" advertising anything. If you're an adult and you're wearing a football top anywhere but going to the football, you shouldn't be allowed out.

You've kinda answered it yourself when you said the sponsor often detracts from the look of the shirt. That means sometimes it doesn't. Id have the home shirt with no sponsor, but I think the blue away kit looks better with it.

Take the sponsor off the home and its still a Motherwell replica top. Take the sponsor off the away and its just a blue polo shirt that I wouldn't wear. It needs the sponsor to make it a football top for going to games in.

Yes, it often detracts from the look of the shirt, but even when it's quite innocuous (i.e. Cash Converters) I would rather have the shirt minus it. Granted it's about personal taste, but I just don't get why the sponsor "makes it a football top". The blue away shirt you mention - you wouldn't wear it as you think it just looks like a polo shirt, but stick a cheap plastic "Motorpoint" logo across the front and suddenly it's more desirable to you and a football shirt? I just find it bizarre that voluntarily having "Motorpoint", "Cash Converters" or in St Johnstone's case "Alan Storrar Cars" across your chest is desirable.

I don't think I'll ever see why it's better than having the shirt unblemished, but thanks for your take on it, Al B.

I've mentioned this before on here but the right sponsors logo in the correct colour can actually make a shirt. Take the bukta example a few years back which was totally claret and amber. The jaxx logo all in white imo provided a really nice contrast and without it (ie in nancy) it looked like something was missing. Sometimes it just works.

Yeah, I think you are looking into reasons too deeply Steeledge. It purely comes down to i'd have the home shirt without because I think it looks better, and the away top with because I think it looks better.

• 2 weeks later...

Sizing seems to be pretty standard. I was an XL for the first time in my life last year, got a Large in the new top.

Picked up the new blue top today and they do seem to be slightly smaller made, would normally get a large but went for XL for a better fit. ps have to mention its a cracking top the long sleeve version looks great

• 1 month later...