2016'17 Strips Launched Today

ropy

I'm sure Frazzle dipped his toe in the water with these a wee while back. If not the same company certainly the same shirt. His first impression was a positive one if I recall correctly.

It’s from the same source that Frazzle bought his Ebay shirt from. They make branded fakes of popular 80s/90s shirts which I suspect are made in the far east. However, they are run by genuine UK shirt geeks. They even put branded labels on the collars. I’m surprised that adidas, Umbro etc have not tried to stop them from manufacturing these shirts. Especially as they make 80s retro from big clubs like Man Utd, Bayern Munich, Napoli. They even sell fake Man Utd 80s adidas tracksuit tops. I suspect, it’s only a matter of time before they appear on one of these rogue trader type shows.

Due to my design OCD I messaged the guy on Twitter and asked him to tweak the adidas logo on the shirt. Ours had just one ® symbol above the adidas lettering. I have ordered one so I look forward to seeing the quality. :biggrin:

CtYP-voXEAEAXfL.jpg

Due to my design OCD I messaged the guy on Twitter and asked him to tweak the adidas logo on the shirt. Ours had just one ® symbol above the adidas lettering. I have ordered one so I look forward to seeing the quality. :biggrin:

Nice to see that Forest away kit again too... the 1979 version (same but without the European Cup embroidery) was the first kit I ever owned.

Nice to see that Forest away kit again too... the 1979 version (same but without the European Cup embroidery) was the first kit I ever owned.

Yes they do a good job at trying to replicate the original kits. They work from pictures from the time and the odd original shirt. They basically give you what the manufacturers no longer produce. Our shirt was never available for sale, so without this you would never have the opportunity to buy one as they were bespoke shirts. I suspect that they will eventually be closed down as it’s not a good idea to mess with adidas.

As a fat guy I have to ask if they are made for skinny folk?

The website says...

Please note these retro shirts are a tighter fitting style!

If you are unsure of which size to buy, we advise to order one size larger than you would in modern day shirts.

However they do go up to XXL (47"-48" Chest)

I've got one of these shirts. I picked it up on eBay a couple of years ago from what looks like the same sellers as above. I also bought the Ipswich one of the same era shortly after.

I've got to say, it's a very good replica of the original. A lot thicker than your average football shirt, it's still quite soft and doesn't destroy your nipples like so many old school replica shirts tend to.

I wouldn't say that it's a particularly slim fit Busta. Iit looks the nuts with a pair of jeans and has often drawn comment on how smart the shirt is.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else received tracking details, but can't actually track their parcel?

I have, I suspect the guy orders as and when directly from his Chinese supplier. He is legit, however, I have heard that it takes an age to get your order. I might email him later to see if he can give me an exact date of arrival.

• Like 1

I messaged the guy and received a quick response... :)

Hi William, Please do not worry DHL eCommerce have not registered it on the online system yet but it should be traceable by this weekend and arrive next week. We are very sorry for the delay. Thank You for your order. Kind Regards, Dave

They're surprisingly decent quality. I went with the medium and by all accounts matches their size guide. Shoulders and chest is fine though length wise it's maybe a wee bit short in comparison with a normal shirt.

I'd normally have gone for a large but based on their sizing I'm glad I didn't as the v-neck on this one would probably have been halfway down my chest.

Definitely happy with it. Still completely amazed Adidas haven't tried to shut them down though.