2016'17 Strips Launched Today

ropy

I don't know what the laws are in Thailand, but in China the copyright laws - in the rare cases they exist - are generally ignored by the authorities. So it might be difficult to shut them dwon.

I remember a few years ago reading an article about some "real fakes" that were made in China. It's no secret a lot of good are only expensive because of the label. Apparently, there were some manufacturing sites in China where once their contracted production runs were complete, would do a "fake" run on the same machines using the same materials and then sell them off at significant discount. So they were the same goods of the same quality, but sold at the knock-off prices.

I don't know what the laws are in Thailand, but in China the copyright laws - in the rare cases they exist - are generally ignored by the authorities.

They are not only breaking the shirt makers copyright, they are also breaking the clubs copyright. They manufacture copies of rare Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona tops and happily stitch a copyrighted club badge onto the shirt. A club with the legal muscle of Man Utd, Barcelona could probably shut them down (or at least try to). I’m no legal expert, however, Retro Shirt City who sell these copies are based in the UK. Although, to my knowledge they don’t handle any of the stock which comes to us the buyer direct from Thailand. So in theory their hands are clean, however, they are making a good living from being a broker. A recent Rangers ‘Umbro’ shirt which they released on their site, sold out within the day.

• Like 1

Indeed they have....

http://www.punditarena.com/gaa/akirwan/david-vs-goliath-oneills-vs-adidas/

I'm surprised this site has been allowed to continue trading. They're selling the same stuff you'd buy on holiday. My mate's bought the home and away England kits for his boy from them and you'd never know the difference when comparing.

http://coolkits4u.com/

I don't know what the laws are in Thailand, but in China the copyright laws - in the rare cases they exist - are generally ignored by the authorities. So it might be difficult to shut them dwon.

I remember a few years ago reading an article about some "real fakes" that were made in China. It's no secret a lot of good are only expensive because of the label. Apparently, there were some manufacturing sites in China where once their contracted production runs were complete, would do a "fake" run on the same machines using the same materials and then sell them off at significant discount. So they were the same goods of the same quality, but sold at the knock-off prices.

Also known as 'night runs' the big companies normally turn a blind eye as long as the goods stay in the local area.

I received my shirt today and the quality is fine. The colour is the same ‘light yellow’ of the original. Adidas substituted yellow for amber, due to the fact we were supplied bastardised yellow Forest away shirts. The stitching detail is not 100% the same as the original. However, the average punter is never going to notice this. It’s certainly the closest you will get to the original shirt as legit companies do not have the rights to use the adidas branding (Toffs, Score Draw). And adidas will never produce a replica of this shirt.

A lot of those classic shirts are excellent, but I have to admit that I think the Motherwell one is horrible :ph34r:

The shirt would have looked much better in true amber, rather than the luminous light yellow that we were fobbed off with. The history of that is well known, however, it is what it is. Happily, that won’t happen again as we seem to now have a firm grasp of our corporate colours. All we need now is to get a grasp of how to stitch a proper club badge on to a shirt and we will be fine. :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We change it nearly every season and I suspect we will have another new Macron template for season 17-18.

Was just wondering why they hadn't gone 1/2 price yet, but they had, so got them today.

I remember the days when we would change the away and keep the home or vice versa, I think we kept the silver one for a 2nd season as our 3rd strip and brought out the petrol blue one as our away.

I remember the days when we would change the away and keep the home or vice versa

I remember the pre replica days when the home top never changed. Our 60s top was around for nearly a decade.

The classic kit is unveiled for the first time in August 1960. Still looks as good as the day it was launched.

C2OtN3wXUAAbD9K.jpg

• Like 4

I remember the pre replica days when the home top never changed. Our 60s top was around for nearly a decade.

The classic kit is unveiled for the first time in August 1960. Still looks as good as the day it was launched.

C2OtN3wXUAAbD9K.jpg

Where was that photo taken? Looks like a pre - season friendly.

C2OtN3wXUAAbD9K.jpg

So who is the guy on the right as you look at it? I know the others George Lindsay, Andy Weir, Bobby McCallum and Wullie Hunter Not sure where it is but that looks like a big School wall and dinner hall to the left. PLus the marking on the field is weird Some kind of sports day ?