Scottish League Cup - South Group F Stranraer V Motherwell Sat 30 Jul 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Stranraer need a win just as much as we do, hopefully we can take advantage if they attack.

True, a win on penalties wouldn't suit them either. Its vital though that MacDonald receives decent support from midfield and that the wide men link up effectively with him. When he plays on his own up front thats rarely been the case.

At half time, if my calculations are correct, best runners up sitting as below. We are currently 5th of the 8 teams.

Ayr, 9pts, +3

Raith, 8pts, +1

Dundee, 7pts, +6 (1 game to play on Sun)

Dundee U, 7pts, +5 (1 game to play on Sun)

-----------------------

Motherwell, 7pts, +3 (M’Well scored more than QOS)

QOS, 7pts, +3

Killie, 7pts, 0

Stirling, 6pts, +1

At half time, if my calculations are correct, best runners up sitting as below. We are currently 5th of the 8 teams.

Ayr 9 (GD+3)

Raith 8 (+1)

Dundee 7 (+6)

Dundee U 7 (+5)

Motherwell 7 (+3)

QOS 7 (+3)

Killie 7 (0)

Stirling 6 (+1)

Ayr showing as top of group , st mirren 2nd with 9pt +2

But not sure any of this matters, as the penalty shoot out bonus points means a fair jumble at 90 mins, even if results stayed as first half

Team Pts GD Note Ayr 9 3 Raith 8 1 Dundee 7 6 Dundee U 7 5 *Dundee Utd play tomorrow Motherwell 7 3 *We have scored more goals than QOS QOS 7 3 Killie 7 0 Stirling 6 1

You've missed out St Mirren on 9 - reckon that makes us 6th !!!

Radio Scotland don't have anyone at our game.

Was thinking same last week, are we the only top division side yet again with no-one from Radio Scotland present?

I really like the Open All Mics programme, it's innovative and informative but they have reporters at for example St.Mirren v. Edinburgh City and Dumbarton v. Peterhead. Seems like they're basing this on georgraphical rather than quality of the teams.....poor show.

You've missed out St Mirren on 9 - reckon that makes us 6th !!!

St Mirren and Ayr swapped places as I was typing. Still 5th and loads to change in the next 45mins...

St Mirren, 9pts, +2

Raith, 8pts, +1

-----------------------

QOS, 7pts, +3

Killie, 7pts, 0

Stirling, 6pts, +1

St Mirren and Ayr swapped places as I was typing. Still 5th and loads to change in the next 45mins...

St Mirren, 9pts, +2

Raith, 8pts, +1

-----------------------

QOS, 7pts, +3

Killie, 7pts, 0

Stirling, 6pts, +1

LOL - hadn't struck me they were in the same group.

Hopefully now won't really matter a lot.

Geography wouldn't come into it if either arse cheek were playing in Stranraer, Stornoway, Scarborough or on the dark side of the moon, BBC would have a reporter there.

Absolutely this. In fact do they not have someone up at the dead rubber at Ross County where neither team can qualify ?

Team that finished 5th in top flight higher than any other team bar ST J and no reporter at the game. A diabolical decision but one we have become accustomed too!

Was thinking same last week, are we the only top division side yet again with no-one from Radio Scotland present?

I really like the Open All Mics programme, it's innovative and informative but they have reporters at for example St.Mirren v. Edinburgh City and Dumbarton v. Peterhead. Seems like they're basing this on georgraphical rather than quality of the teams.....poor show.

Unfortunately all down to reduced budgets. It's also why they stopped covering all SPFL games live.

On the plus side, BBC Alba has stepped up their game for the regular season and offer excellent coverage, both live and 1hr highlights.