Sort The Defense And Stop Bringing In English League Dross.

stonehouse well

We lost to a poor Rangers Side 2-0. Watch the second half and tell me what wing rangers played down practically every tine. There might be a small clue for you. Some Mangers/Coaches are able to spot weak points !!! And a very poor goal to the mighty Annan.

I don't agree with most of what you've written but you have a valid point here. I've seen Tait twice this season; against Cowdenbeath and against Rangers. At Central Park I thought he played reasonably well but had no cover in midfield. Against Rangers I'd say he had a reasonable game but with definite weaknesses. As I wrote elsewhere we were taken apart down both wings but in fairness he again had no cover in front of him. As you say Rangers were astute enough to cotton on to our achilles heels. I wasn't at Annan but from TV highlights it was a poor goal although he was left badly exposed. All that said, others have reported that he's shown up well in early games.

I'm no Stevie Hammell fan but in fairness to him and Tait we play very narrowly with little or no protection afforded to them from midfield. That leaves both backs badly exposed, which in turn places central defence under more and totally unnecessary pressure.

Its very early doors and I'll wait a month or two before I draw conclusions on the new lads. That said, I think he will be an improvement on Josh Law.

We lost to a poor Rangers Side 2-0. Watch the second half and tell me what wing rangers played down practically every tine. There might be a small clue for you. Some Mangers/Coaches are able to spot weak points !!! And a very poor goal to the mighty Annan.

I watch a lot of the under 20's and if you don't get a chance because they are at awkward times look at the cup final against hearts again. One standout at the back - and he can play centre and both sides is David Ferguson, not only can he defend and tackle but his assists and goal record is excellent. However if he is not given a chance and someone like Dick gets a game then we all know what will happen.

I would rather see our youth come through than second rate English league dross.

My opinion of Moult and Johnson is they are good quality players so we play them. ?

You could have saved yourself about a half a dozen posts and numerous accusations of trolling if you had simply said your preference for developing the team was the highlighted line above - and plenty would likely have agreed with you.

But how you attempt to reach and justify that opinion is in parts utterly bizarre and completely contradictory.

I don't -

I'm originally from Stonehouse but haven't stayed there for many years.

I'm debating the topic, why where I am, or who I am is important I don't know.

Lets not get personal its just banter.

Calm down, David.

Until the league gets under way it’s far too early to judge the side. We haven’t set the heather on fire in the league cup, however, we have done enough to qualify for the next stage. I would have preferred to have topped the section with 12 points, although winning a few cup games is an improvement on previous campaigns. And don’t forget we are making a few bob from the Old Firm along the way.

Lets start with No 2 Dick Tait. I have been at the first 3 games (missed Stranraer) I have not witnessed a tackle from him yet, May be he managed one at Stranraer but in the highlights all i got was his continued horrendous positioning. So if anyone has proof of a tackle I want to see. OK at going forward but that's it.

McManus - what can you say - probably the biggest fraud Scottish football has had in years. Needs cover from the other guys, cant pass and always heads the ball straight in to the opposition midfeild.

ANSWER- This is what angers me the most. We have better in the under 20's.

STOP CONSTANTLY BRINGING IN ENGLISH LEAGUE DROSS AND DEVELOP OUR OWN PLAYERS. LOOK AT CADDEN AFTER A DECENT RUN IN THE TEAM.

Somebody's da has been on the whisky and annoyed his boy isn't getting a game.

I've been impressed by Tait's movement, workrate and attacking threat. He might not make many tackles but at this point that isn't a major worry.

Both goals lost to Rangers were because Hammell backed off and gave them space on the edge of the box.

The goal lost at Annan should have been an easy clearance for McManus.

So Tait hasn't cost us any goals yet and has helped create goals. Seems like a good thing so far.

I go to most of the U20s games and Fergie isn't quite there yet. Crags worked fantastically with Hall and I'm hoping he can help Fergie in the same way. But adding Fergie to the first team at this stage in his development would be a hindrance rather than a help.