Scottish League Cup - Second Round Celtic V Motherwell Wed 10 Aug 19:45

Yabba's Turd

If McHugh manages to recover, it will be interesting to see how McGhee shapes up.

Does he bring Lasley in for Clay as a straight swap or does he look to tighten up with Lasley coming in for Ainsworth and Cadden moving forward? It would be harsh on Ainworth after Saturday but if we do manage to keep it tight he's a good sub to have.

I've reluctantly bought a ticket for this. Wonder if we'll take a few more than usual to Parkhead.

Did he have concussion? Or just a bad cut?

Although can't see that gash being close to healing in 3 days anyway.

He's saying to the press there's no concussion and that he's keen to play on Wednesday if they can protect it with a headband or such.

I guess the question is the likelihood of the wound opening and needing to have him subbed off.

I can see us losing this one quite handily to be honest. A shame that it looks as though our league cup run is coming to an end so soon.

If we press them and don't sit off as much as we did against Rangers then I think we can give them a game. Celtic aren't great at the back.

I'm genuinely optimistic about this one as long as we don't show Celtic too much respect like we have in recent memory. Wasn't overly impressed by them against Hearts.

Naturally we need to have a defensive approach however we still need to press Celtic enough to put pressure on them.

I was over the moon with Heneghan at the weekend, I think he looks like a real find so I'm hopeful we can keep them out at the back. Johnson is on fire just now and I think we can have the beating of the likes of Lustig. Overall I was pleased with how the team performed on Saturday and I think our counter attacking style might suit a game like this more than it did previously.

Samson

Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell

Cadden Lasley McHugh* Johnson
Ainsworth

McDonald

*Presuming he comes back from the head gash.

A bit bored of the excuses trotted out by some regarding going to Parkhead/Ibrox. This is a cup game, if you are on the fence get yourself along and get behind the team. It's 15 quid.

The postiive attitude of the fans on Saturday was really refreshing, lets take this into Wednesday and keep the momentum going.

Mon the well'

• Like 1

A bit bored of the excuses trotted out by some regarding going to Parkhead/Ibrox. This is a cup game, if you are on the fence get yourself along and get behind the team. It's 15 quid.

The postiive attitude of the fans on Saturday was really refreshing, lets take this into Wednesday and keep the momentum going.

Mon the well'

Don't entirely disagree with you, but with the game being live on TV, paired with the horrendous view you get from the usual away end (I'm presuming it's not been moved, as had been rumoured) it's an easy one to miss.

I'm genuinely optimistic about this one as long as we don't show Celtic too much respect like we have in recent memory. Wasn't overly impressed by them against Hearts.

Naturally we need to have a defensive approach however we still need to press Celtic enough to put pressure on them.

I was over the moon with Heneghan at the weekend, I think he looks like a real find so I'm hopeful we can keep them out at the back. Johnson is on fire just now and I think we can have the beating of the likes of Lustig. Overall I was pleased with how the team performed on Saturday and I think our counter attacking style might suit a game like this more than it did previously.

Samson

Ainsworth

McDonald

Mon the well'

Agree completely itd be nice to take the full allocation along and generate enough noise and atmosphere and positivity to help make things interesting.

Even if it is tv and whether its league or cup it needs done I have my tickets so lets see where it takes us

i do think the crowd effects players I point back to kilmarnock at home last season home crowd were restless and agitated and letting our players know that we werent happy and the performances (and rightfully so) and the play matched the atmosphere

So reason would suggest a vocal positive motherwell support would help carry the team and just think what wonders it does for mcghees cv to tactically out think brendan rodgers (not that thats a difficult task)

Think we'll get absolutely ridden, but not too bothered about it. Shame to get such an impossible cup draw so early, but hey ho.

Far from Impossible, in the last 5 years St mirren, Morton,Ross county and killie have all beaten Celtic in this competition. They'll also gave half an eye on their upcoming Chamouons league qualifier. I'd expect t some of the fringe players will get a run out for them, in front of a sparse crowd.

We could get pumped, and the chances are higher than average, but we could cause an upset, like when we beat them there last season.

When did we last win a penalty shoot-out?

Off the top of my head, we beat Raith on penalties after a 2-2 draw in the league cup in 1999/00. Since then we've beaten on pens by Forfar, Hibs and Accies. I think that's been it.

Samson

Ainsworth

McDonald

Mon the well'

was at fir park today doing something and seen with my own eyes the lady physio help Samson complete with crutches and daughter into his fancy merc looked like he was struggling to me

was at fir park today doing something and seen with my own eyes the lady physio help Samson complete with crutches and daughter into his fancy merc looked like he was struggling to me

Samson dislocated his toe on Saturday and got it popped back in on the park (ouch).