Scottish Premiership Motherwell V St Johnstone Sat 13 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I hope we can get something from this fixture, despite Saints making a decent start to their season. We are at home which will hopefully be a factor in our favour. Right now,I'd take a point, but a decent performance and we could continue our league run. A defeat would not be the end of the world, but points gained now are points we don't need to win later on in the season.

I hope we can get something from this fixture, despite Saints making a decent start to their season. We are at home which will hopefully be a factor in our favour. Right now,I'd take a point, but a decent performance and we could continue our league run. A defeat would not be the end of the world, but points gained now are points we don't need to win later on in the season.

you do know continuing to post balanced and reasonable comments like this wont make you popular on this forum dont you.

This won't be a pretty game to watch as St Johnstone will be tough, organised and streetwise - probably the opposite type of team from us. However no reason why we can't get a result at home. Midfield will be crucial and in particular the middle. It'll be interesting to see how lasley, Clay and perhaps McHugh play together. We need to put Wednesday night firmly behind us.

St Johnstone are a good side, watched a bit of the game against Aberdeen and they are very resilent at the back. Never really been impressed by anyone in terms of technical ability but they always seem to have a good team of players who are very hard working. Not particularly optimistic about this one after Wednesday night but I suppose this will be a completely different game.

Team wise I'd go with;

Samson
Tait McManus Henghean Hammell
Cadden McHugh Lasley Johnson
Ainsworth

McDonald

Fingers crossed we offer more dig than we did during the week. I'd also enjoy if we stopped punting long balls to McDonald, he can only do so much when he's that height. Also big balls over the top for him run on to are futile as he has limited pace. Get the ball wide and let Johnson/Cadden run with it and let Lionel link in please.

Id go with a attacking 433

Brill

Tait Mcmanus Heneghan Hammel

Mchugh Cadden Clay

Ainsworth Skippy Johnson

And would emphasise the wingers should be up the field and skippy to run back to defend and ping balls to johnson and ainsworth could work thats just my theory though if we do that we may win and when off the ball the mad notion of pressing the other team would be great

Id go with a attacking 433

Brill

Tait Mcmanus Heneghan Hammel

Mchugh Cadden Clay

Ainsworth Skippy Johnson

And would emphasise the wingers should be up the field and skippy to run back to defend and ping balls to johnson and ainsworth could work thats just my theory though if we do that we may win and when off the ball the mad notion of pressing the other team would be great

".....skippy to run back to defend....." This is where ur plan falls down.

This won't be a pretty game to watch as St Johnstone will be tough, organised and streetwise - probably the opposite type of team from us. However no reason why we can't get a result at home. Midfield will be crucial and in particular the middle. It'll be interesting to see how lasley, Clay and perhaps McHugh play together. We need to put Wednesday night firmly behind us.

I think guys like McManus, Lasley, McDonald etc. are pretty streetwise.

I suppose it's good that we've got a game so quickly after Wednesday that will have allowed the team to quickly look ahead and focus on a different type of contest. As ever it will have been an "on to the next one" attitude and put Wednesday behind them.

I can't say I've personally shaken off my disillusionment from Wednesday just yet mind you so I'm not exactly overly enthusiastic about the game at the moment.

I hope we can start well so there's no lingering negativity from the stands (I know I'm one to speak having written the above) and if not get a win at least show something that will suggest we're going to be a similar standard to a team that finished above us and beat us three times last season. Of course it's way too early to get any sort of indication of what our standing is likely to be this season, a good performance and result against a team like St Johnstone would hint at a positive league campaign ahead.

Come on folks, lets get upbeat about tomorrow. If we all turn up negative it is hardly going to have a positive impact on the team. Here's hoping we can get a victory and lets get behind all the players, Yep we all know Chalmers isn't great but criticising every mistake he makes is hardly going to help him. Left-back is a position we need to address as Hammell just seems to be injured all the time. COYW!!!!!!

• Like 1

A swashbuckling 2-0 victory with everyone on here praising Clay, Tait and Blythe for coming off the bench and putting in a solid 30 minutes.

To be followed by a pumping at Ibrox the week after and Clay and Tait to be singled out as shite.

Rinse and repeat for the rest of the season.

• Like 3

3-1 for Super well with Lionel grabbing at least 2 goals.

Should be looking for some sort of reaction from Wednesday night going ito this one. Added to that, there should be no need to overthink the tactics. Hopefully a more positive approach to the game, going out to win it, instead of damage limitation. Looking to see Johnson Cadden and Lionel all have a good game................along with the rest of them too I hope!!!

COYW !!!!!!!