Scottish Premiership Rangers V Motherwell Sat 20 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Based on recent events, anything from this fixture will be a bit of a bonus. Right now, I'd take an improved all round performance and see where that gets us. It isn't as if they are world beaters. The two key issues will be selection and attitude. If McGhee overthinks tactics then we tend to suffer as we do not have the squad, both in terms of quality and numbers, to try anything too clever,and if we stand off them and let them play their game, we will get picked off. Keep it simple and keep at them and in their faces.

Rangers were not very convincing against Dundee.

Forrester should definitely have been off and, I can't believe I'm saying this, Chris Sutton said the referee 'bottled it' which I totally agree with.

Yes, Rangers are a strong team, but they are so far behind the quality that Celtic have and if Hamilton and Dundee can compete with them, so should we.

No silly formations, play Ainsworth wide and start Brill and we must have a chance.

• Like 1

Rangers were not very convincing against Dundee.

Aye, but we're not Dundee. We're a team who regularly fall to bits when we face the "might" of the bigot twins. Our manager sets us up to face the jersey and the crest on the chest rather than the actual players wearing them most of the time.

I can see us losing at least three goals in this one.

• Like 1

Aye, but we're not Dundee. We're a team who regularly fall to bits when we face the "might" of the bigot twins. Our manager sets us up to face the jersey and the crest on the chest rather than the actual players wearing them most of the time.

I can see us losing at least three goals in this one.

A team who haven't beat either of the Old Firm in 15 years...

Fwiw I do think Rangers are there for the taking, as long as we're compact and competive in midfield and willing to attack them with pace. Unfortunately, after the last two performances, that's easier said than done, although Mchugh's return will hopefully help.

I'm going to baracade myself away for this one. Not because I fear a heavy defeat, its the pish you need to listen to afterwards. It is merited, given the stick I give sevconians on a regular basis.

Whilst Rangers didnt have a great game against Dundee, they ground out the win and wither we are able to do that regular over the course of the season remains to be seen. Hoping Hammell is back, I know the lad isn't on form of his life but Chalmers isn't cutting it at the minute and experience in the left is a safer option against the likes of Sevco.

In a way I think this is quite a good fixture for us because there is no hiding and there is will be no sneaking a win or a draw and papering over the cracks. It's perform or die.

The key in this match is pretty obvious, we have to keep their full backs pinned back in the full back positions. If we do that Rangers lose a large percentage of their potency. Unfortunately we will need to keep possession of the ball a lot better than we have been doing in order to keep them there, have our wingers in advanced positions and have Tavernier and Wallace thinking twice about playing high up the pitch.

We also need a bit of interchanging between wide players and forwards because Rangers are chronic at centre half and are also pretty slow. If we can get say McDonald going wide and Johnson cutting inside that's got to be a good thing.

I'm not keen on our current shape or team balance but its difficult to see how to rectify them with Moult out and Pearson gone and not adequately replaced. I think we need to play Lasley here for his experience and someone else along side him. I think Cadden can play more centrally and give us a bit more mobility there as well as being able to compete physically. Ainsworth and Johnson wide and as high up the pitch as possible and give McDonald some support by playing another striker, we've not seen much of Blyth and I'm not sure if he's the right type of player for this match, so I'd even consider giving Mackin a run until Moult is available again. On the other hand Blyth could come in handy at set pieces as Rangers are very poor there.

We can get away with our current set up against weaker teams but against Top 6 level teams I think we are going to struggle so I'd go 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, whatever you want to call it.

• Like 1

The key in this match is pretty obvious, we have to keep their full backs pinned back in the full back positions. If we do that Rangers lose a large percentage of their potency. Unfortunately we will need to keep possession of the ball a lot better than we have been doing in order to keep them there, have our wingers in advanced positions and have Tavernier and Wallace thinking twice about playing high up the pitch.

We also need a bit of interchanging between wide players and forwards because Rangers are chronic at centre half and are also pretty slow. If we can get say McDonald going wide and Johnson cutting inside that's got to be a good thing.

I'm not keen on our current shape or team balance but its difficult to see how to rectify them with Moult out and Pearson gone and not adequately replaced. I think we need to play Lasley here for his experience and someone else along side him. I think Cadden can play more centrally and give us a bit more mobility there as well as being able to compete physically. Ainsworth and Johnson wide and as high up the pitch as possible and give McDonald some support by playing another striker, we've not seen much of Blyth and I'm not sure if he's the right type of player for this match, so I'd even consider giving Mackin a run until Moult is available again. On the other hand Blyth could come in handy at set pieces as Rangers are very poor there.

I get your underlying reasoning, but so far MacDonald has not linked at all well with 2 wingers supposedly pushing forward, so in that respect it would be a challenge. Also we'd need to win enough ball and distribute it well to the 2 wide men which we weren't doing yesterday. I think a central midfield two of Lasley and Cadden would get ripped apart. I was shocked yesterday at just how far off the pace Keith was.

A lot will depend on how fit Hammell, McHugh and Blyth will be. If fit and it came down to a straight choice, I'd prefer McHugh to Lasley. For my part I'd be tempted to drop Ainsworth. Injuries and fitness will play a large part in our line up. IF all except Moult are fit, I'd go with a midfield of Johnson, McHugh, Clay and Cadden with Blyth and MacDonald up front, or with MacDonald playing just behind Blyth.

I predict a carbon copy of the performance and result from Parkhead in this one.

Hopefully McHugh and Hammell are back but no guarantee McGhee won't try and do something daft with the formation and/or tactics even if they are. Whilst he wasn't the worst player yesterday I'd hope never to see Chalmers in the team ever again. Samson should be dropped for his errors but probably won't be and sadly McManus is undroppable.

When the fixtures were announced I thought/hoped that 4 points from the first 4 games wasn't an unreasonable target. Still achievable, but will mean taking a point of Dundee at Fir Park the following week. This is obviously doable but if we're sitting on 3 points after the Dundee game that would constitute a poor and worrying start.

Need to wait and see.

Not sure what team will show up for this, form a mental and personnel point of View. Samson should be out but from what McGhee has been saying sounds like he may still be in. Hopefully what he says in public doesn't match what he's really thinking. Have no clue what Blyth is like but by sounds like he should be target man so play McDonald to feed off of him. Why not go there and have a go??? Ue the pace of Ainsworth and Johnson. Can't be any worse that what we've seen so far

Brill

Tait

Hennegan

McManus

Hammell

Ainsworth

Cadden

McHugh

Johnson

McDonald

Blyth

4-0. We're in a serious rut at the moment and after getting pumped at Ibrox we have 4 games against. Dundee. Ross County. Accies and Partick. We Better be out of the rut by then or were in bother.

A two game losing rut?

Fucking hell!

• Like 1

I started this season with a positive outlook. I watched the nightmare at Easter Road and hoped that we wouldn't be that awful by the time we got through the cup group stage.

So far our best striker is riled out for several weeks, McMannus has reverted to his pathetic type, Hammell is showing the fitness of last season, Lasley is woefully off the pace, McDonald doesn't look fit, we have no creativity in midfield and we have fielded a keeper that makes Hollis look like Neuer.

I actually have a lot of faith in McGee, but there needs to be a big change in team selection, tactics and mentality before we enter a period where we hope that Hamilton, ICT and Kilmarnock will prop up the table underneath us with their performances.

We need McHugh or Clay to perform like Donati did against Rangers.

I just hope that Blyth turns out to be a younger Michael Higdon!

A Rangers team we should have been 5 or 6 up at half time merely weeks ago?

If we turn up, we will fucking pump them as they haven't suddenly addressed the defence and midfield with more holes in it than a Syrian tower block.

Johnson and Ainsworth will run riot and hopefully McDonald finds his shooting boots.

Celtic will hand out pumpings to lots of sides this season, especially at Celtic Park. We have to remember that we are only playing Rangers and should have enough in the reserve to run out comfortable winners.

• Like 1

Can I be the first to say "this must be a great chance to beat them"?

And add my usual comment that with our league record at Ibrox in recent seasons, they could play their U15 team and still find a way to beat us.

I'll take a boring 0 - 0 at this stage.