Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Dundee Sat 27 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Saturday is a game we need to not lose. Losing becomes a habit and we need to break it as three in a row is a trend, though I do accept all the teams we have lost to will finish above us. Dundee might not and are no better than us. Inclined to play the same team assuming Moult, McHugh and Hammell aren't ready. Faddy sounds like he is dying for a cameo.

Lucas, Faddy and Campbell scoring for the 20s tonight.

Maybe some food for thought for McGhee when subs needed. Hopefully. Probably not.

I remember a quote from McGhee first time around when he said he only had 13 players in the squad he could rely on. While it may have been accurate, it doesn't exactly build the confidence of those on the bench. I say this knowing that everyone's personality is different and some may respond to this with a "I'll show him" and he gets the best out of them but some won't.

This for me also engenders complacency in those in the team. It also leads to him trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

We all know what team McGhee will select on Saturday. And so does Paul Hartley...

Lucas, Faddy and Campbell scoring for the 20s tonight.

Maybe some food for thought for McGhee when subs needed. Hopefully. Probably not.

Lucas goal was a nice finish after 1 min. He gad a tidy game but is very much a sit and playmake player. He was happy to sit and play passes (a couple corkers) and not go box to box, prob not what we need when we have McHugh,Clay & Las, although Las couldnt pass water.

Faddys goal was a deflected free kick. Some lovely touches but end product is very rusty. Campbells goal was a cracker!

We had 1 16/17yo start up front as Mackin was ill and he got replaced by the young lad Falconer, Falconer has pace to burn but both kids were miles out their depth,should never have been on the pitch. Defence and Mid were excellent. Campbell & Lucas strolled it,The lad Fry played number 10 and was everywhere. Faddy & McLean on wings were good. McMillan & Watt were solid and tbe centre halves were very good,very comfortable on the ball. Impressed wi big Maguire! Turnbull came on and looks a real player.

Overall a lot of fantastic football, I was surprised how comfortable the centre halves are in possession and the team work hard to create space. Crags never shuts up, but it instruction after instruction showing the lads where to be and when to move etc. The only downside was the end product. Too many overhit crosses or blocked shots n the little Hobbit Falconer was thro 1 on 1 twice and missed the target both times,didnt even make the keeper work! We have a few real prospects in that team!

• Like 3

Is that not just a message for the Board?

As others have said, I don't think our club works like that. If McGhee has a "message" for the board he can easily just go and knock on Flow's door I'd imagine.

Blyth was introduced with a few minutes remaining, but the truth is McGhee won't done the likes of Ferguson, Lucas or McLean any favours by saying what he did.

If Duffy and McGowan miss out it's a pretty workmanlike Dundee side. If they do come back they might not be match fit.

They have also played 3 and 4 at the back this season so I suspect Hartley isn't happy with the team and isn't sure how to get the best out of them.

If they bring the new guy Gomis into the side they will probably go for 3 at the back again with 5 in midfield so that might give McGhee something to think about if they have three ball winners in the middle of the park, probably Vincent, Ross and O'Hara.

I'll be heading along to this, but I just can't seem to garner any enthusiasm. We seem to have built a team of absolute clogging snails, Johnson and Ainsworth, who have their own issues, aside. I'm not criticising the new guys in particular, but we look turgid, unfit, slow and frankly lacking in invention.

I sincerely hope to be proved wrong tomorrow. Even just the odd fragment of good play to suggest that there's something there to look forward to.

I rather agree, though a win may come from an unlikely source.

Chalmers, Tait or Heneghan?

I'll be heading along to this, but I just can't seem to garner any enthusiasm. We seem to have built a team of absolute clogging snails, Johnson and Ainsworth, who have their own issues, aside. I'm not criticising the new guys in particular, but we look turgid, unfit, slow and frankly lacking in invention.

I sincerely hope to be proved wrong tomorrow. Even just the odd fragment of good play to suggest that there's something there to look forward to.

I'm not criticising the new guys in particular, but we look turgid, unfit, slow and frankly lacking in invention.

Initially your criticism sounded very harsh and negative but the more I think on it the more I think you're right. At the moment we're playing with a deep lying defensive central midfield and a solitary striker and that doesn't aid creativity. Yes, Ainsworth, Johnson and Cadden are fast but most of the others are one paced. You've also got our 3 veterans in Hammell, Lasley and McManus. Of the newcomers, Clay and Tait do seem slow. Unfit? Yes, I'm beginning to wonder as we seem to tire badly in the second half of games.

A slight chink of light is that Moult and McHugh will return from injury. Hopefully too we'll sign a attacking central misdfielder with a modicum of pace next week. However the team and in particular central midfield are unbalanced. Early days though.

• Like 1

The most worrying thing about the last match was the attendance. 3,700 for our first league match of the season, more than a 1,000 down on last seasons opening league match.

Hopefully we can muster a few more bodies this week.

The attendances are very worrying. They dropped off a cliff during the McCall/Barraclough season and have never recovered. Guys that sat round about me for over 15 years vanished and haven't been seen since.

Even the wee guys at the end with the drums numbers are noticeably down.

The attendances are very worrying. They dropped off a cliff during the McCall/Barraclough season and have never recovered. Guys that sat round about me for over 15 years vanished and haven't been seen since.

Even the wee guys at the end with the drums numbers are noticeably down.

I think playing the league cup at the beginning of the season has effected it as well. You start the season with the big competition, not what were seen by many as glorified friendlies. Then when the league comes round we are 4 underwhelming weeks into the season.