Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Black was someone I never really warmed to when he was at Fir Park. He came with a great reputation but never seemed to be particularly happy when he was here.

What truth is in it I don't know but I mind after he went he claimed he'd been assured of various resources to build the team that never materialised when he took the job, so much so he'd underspent his current budget to make a better fist of the following season.

I remember the AGM shortly before we went into administration and he sat there with his fact tripping him the whole night and when asked to speak was hardly full of boundless enthusiasm. Perhaps that was just his demeanour and might explain the wholly different type of character he brought in as his assistant in Terry Butcher, but I have wondered if privately he might not have been that upset at the administration process giving him an exit route with his reputation then untouched.

Had a quick look at an oxford forum the other day and it's fair to say that there are some beginning to question the money spent on Marv and Kane Hemmings.

Many others are saying it's early doors and that Marv will come good. I've always said it, unless Marv improves his stamina and resilience, he's a mid league 1 player at best.

Watched the Oxford game just there, Johnson made an appearance as a sub. Hemmings didn't do much and ex-Thistle striker Lyle Taylor had a run out for Wimbledon.

Not to go down the route of slagging off/dismissing other leagues but that was absolutely chronic. I think I'm right in saying with Johnson, Hemmings, Rothwell and a couple of others Oxford spent £1m+ in transfer fees over the summer. The game barely rose above hoofball level though Wimbledon had a couple of decent finishes for their goals.

Some penalty taker though!

Every single penalty in the bottom right corner, I think he only missed one as well away to Aberdeen.

Hit the post against Hearts at Tynecastle from the spot, think the game finished 0-0 as well.

Decent guy though, met him down south once and held the club in high regard.

Had a quick look at an oxford forum the other day and it's fair to say that there are some beginning to question the money spent on Marv and Kane Hemmings.

Many others are saying it's early doors and that Marv will come good. I've always said it, unless Marv improves his stamina and resilience, he's a mid league 1 player at best.

I suspect any deal done with Oxford had add ons such as appearances and probably also promotion. Assuming that is the case we want him to do Well down there. As for any sell on clause - I suspect he has found his level.