Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

I'm sure I read he was offered a new contract, but on a pittance compared to what Spencer, Brannan, Goram, Teale etc were offered and was rightly quite annoyed being our top scorer at the time. I liked him, he scored goals consistently when he was here and he was the first player I ever saw score for Motherwell.

I liked him too. He had his failings but he was certainly a good finisher for us during for the time he was with us. It also irritated my Airdrie supporting mates immensely at the time that one of their heroes over a number years was playing and scoring goals for Motherwell. Another reason to like him!

That's my recollection also although I couldn't quite remember whether it was McLean or McPartland he alleged was trying to hasten his departure.

Academic anyway I suppose as nobody seemed in the least bit fussed about how he departed when he was popping those goals away for Motherwell in yon Masters tournaments a few years back.

manchester one was mental when he scored

We were so bad today never even noticed how Ojaama played

Ojamaa was probably POTM, Fantastic workrate that would even outshine Moult , left every one of our players that he went up agaisnt standing in a foot race, harried and shoved and tore us a new one more than once. Like Skippy or Doogie but with pace ( and a shade less direct in terms of strikes on goal)

Pretty sure he could match Faddy in terms of comebacks for us,

Just what I thought - where did he get that stride - bursting up that park like a thoroughbred.

He always had a bit of pace, he was just needing to bulk up a little - which has now.

Would be delighted to see him get promoted to the top flight as it would be a great example to our youngsters on how to time and manage moves for success.

He always had a bit of pace, he was just needing to bulk up a little - which has now.

Would be delighted to see him get promoted to the top flight as it would be a great example to our youngsters on how to time and manage moves for success.

And he has learned how to actually run! No more swinging arms, powerful stride and that's a belter of a finish!

• Like 1

I'll be honest I definitely under rated him with us. I thought he woukd show flashes of brilliance but didn't think he would cut it down south.

Would love to see him make the premier league!

I agree with this. While I liked Murphy with Motherwell, he did frustrate me at times.

There is absolutely no chance I would have suggested he would be excelling in the English Championship, and on the verge of the Premier League. Fair play to him, he's taken the chance he got and grabbed it with both hands.