Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Not really. Norwich were looking to cut costs and reduce the wage bill, Ruddy is now 30 and on 30 odd grand a week. They also have the boy Rudd who is decent,a lot younger and probably on less than half what Ruddy is on. Plus McGovern who wd be cheap backup

Ruddy will find himself at an Aston Villa , Sunderland or the like

Sunderland as the Pickford replacement is an excellent shout.

Not really. Norwich were looking to cut costs and reduce the wage bill, Ruddy is now 30 and on 30 odd grand a week. They also have the boy Rudd who is decent,a lot younger and probably on less than half what Ruddy is on. Plus McGovern who wd be cheap backup

Ruddy will find himself at an Aston Villa , Sunderland or the like

If he's released we could sign him outside of the transfer window. Use all the Well Society money to fund a short term gig till the end of the season. 30k for each remaining game and help keep us from being relegated. You know it makes sense Mr Burrows. Get on to Snapchat or Facebook or what ever you modern fellas do know and pull in that favour he promised you when he left!

Best of luck Alan, we're all rooting for you.

If he's released we could sign him outside of the transfer window. Use all the Well Society money to fund a short term gig till the end of the season. 30k for each remaining game and help keep us from being relegated. You know it makes sense Mr Burrows. Get on to Snapchat or Facebook or what ever you modern fellas do know and pull in that favour he promised you when he left!

Best of luck Alan, we're all rooting for you.

He has to be released in the transfer window for that to be allowed. Although I doubt that would be the stumbling block.

:lol:

Not sure how we can actually judge this guy.... he played about 9 mins....

If we judged players that quickly we would have no chance of letting guys grow as a player.

A lot of our fans expect David Ferrere debuts and if they don't produce the must be shite.

He got a few chances but didn't impress. What says more to me is that the management team got to see him regularly in training and for the under 20's and didn't feel tempted to try him again. I don't think he was even making the bench towards the end of his stay.

For whatever reason it didn't work out for him with us but what astonishes me is that Middlesbrough are prepared to spend that sort of money on a player who has been around a few clubs and made the most impact by standing out as one of the best players at a club who have just been relegated to non - league. That doesn't seem like the way to build a team to get promotion back to the Premiership to me.

The Thomas signing was weird to begin with. I think he was signed because it didn't look like we were going to get Marvin Johnson. Then we ended up with both + Tony "The Messiah" Straker in the same window.

I don't even think he was in the 20s team at the end of his time with us.