Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Was he not given a 4 year deal? Some compo due if they did.

He was. I said at the time it looked reckless for an untested manager, and looks even more reckless now with 3 years left. Unless they managed to get a relegation clause added to the deal.

Southside AFC,who lost to Colville Park in Sunday's Scottish Amateur Final, had one Lee Hollis in goal

And Bobby Donnelly at centre half. Given how slow he was as a teenager, playing full time, I dread to think what pace he runs at now.

Southside AFC,who lost to Colville Park in Sunday's Scottish Amateur Final, had one Lee Hollis in goal

Maybe they'll sign Samson to replace him for next season

Apparently Zak Jules was a bombscare today for the u21 Scotland team.

No surprises there then.

Got an assist by emptying it sixty yards as well, so ups and downs.

Mexico gave Darren Randolph a good workout last night. They are a pretty decent side this year and well worth their victory over the Irish,

Thanks to the commentators, I also learned that Darren's Dad is American and played in the Irish Basketball league. Did not know that.

Interesting to see Scott talk about Skippy Sunday game on the BBC site.

Also puts into perspective the headlines of how we robbed him of his "dream move" when we knocked back Rangers bid. I doubt his agent could have kept a straight face when he fed that line to the press.

I always enjoy listening to Skippy's interviews. He comes across as one of the good guys.

Thanks to the commentators, I also learned that Darren's Dad is American and played in the Irish Basketball league. Did not know that.

Yeah he's Bball daft, I am sure he answered someone on twitter saying his dad was a player in Ireland, I just figured that's why he was a half black Irish guy. Assumption n that.

Yeah he's Bball daft, I am sure he answered someone on twitter saying his dad was a player in Ireland, I just figured that's why he was a half black Irish guy. Assumption n that.

I seem to recall an interview he did for BBC ALBA where he talked about his dad and his love for basketball. I could be wrong cos it was a while ago, but I think basketball was his first choice for a sporting career but the choice was largely made for him by offers of football contract as opposed to none to match from basketball.

But it was a good few years ago and I might've been making the last bit up due to having a piss poor memory.

I seem to recall an interview he did for BBC ALBA where he talked about his dad and his love for basketball. I could be wrong cos it was a while ago, but I think basketball was his first choice for a sporting career but the choice was largely made for him by offers of football contract as opposed to none to match from basketball.

But it was a good few years ago and I might've been making the last bit up due to having a piss poor memory.

I was thinking the same thing but I wasn't sure if I was merging Randolph with the Richie Foram story about Gaelic football.

Interesting interview with Skippy on radio Scotland there.

He was greeting after Skippy Sunday as he realised what he had done. Uncle Phil told him to get his head out of his arse.

In January he felt like a wean in a cot screaming to get out and go to Australia but Motherwell wouldn't let him go. He admitted his performances dipped after that because he was unhappystaying.

He clashed with Robinson and doesn't think he could work with him as a player again.

Sounds worse than it is - he actually came across as an honest pro who gave his all for every club he was at.

I thought he came across very well but I can see how headlines could be extracted which wouldn't put him in a good light from our perspective. Comments need to be taken in context of the full conversation.

He admitted he wanted to leave for Australia in January but accepted that we wanted him to stay and it didn't happen.

Was very supportive of McGhee who he obviously had a good relationship with but appeared to have a clash of personalities with Robinson although he was also complimentary and said clashes soon blew over.

Very good interview that's worth a listen on BBC's podcast. Certainly helped pass my time cutting the grass!

I was thinking the same thing but I wasn't sure if I was merging Randolph with the Richie Foram story about Gaelic football.

Michael Fraser retired a few years back at 31 to play Shinty. Probably for the best.