Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

It's to do with the wrestler!! Only in the west of Scotland can it be spinned into a 'whit school did you go to' ?nonsense argument!!

As for the picture supplied? That looks like Glen Michael? That must've been taken during his spat with palladin on cavalcade!!

• Like 1

It's to do with the wrestler!! Only in the west of Scotland can it be spinned into a 'whit school did you go to' ?nonsense argument!!

As for the picture supplied? That looks like Glen Michael? That must've been taken during his spat with palladin on cavalcade!!

• Like 1

First chance I have had to comment on the McDonald situation.

I made and did not hide my disappointment in him last year as I generally thought a lot of our play broke down at him. Due to a few reasons, over playing it, greediness, holding on and a poor touch. Of course he scored a few but tbh no where near as much as he should have. Plus his constant moaning was brutal to watch.

Also he was on free kicks etc but look at pre season with Moult, did he over rule him a few times and feck it up?

You cannot deny he was crucial to us for a long time over the spells but not last year.

He was on he wane and it's the best move for all parties. Not a great loss and probably now at he level he should be. Worked well again with his lack of pre season.....

• Like 1

Season 2017-18

Former players plying their trade in the Scottish Leagues

Carswell, Stuart - Dumbarton
Clarkson, David - St. Mirren
Chalmers, Joe - Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Cummins, Adam - Queens Park
Currie, Max - Stranraer
Ewings, Jamie - Dumbarton
Fitzpatrick, Marc - Airdrieonians
Forbes, Ross - Morton
Hateley, Tom - Dundee
Hetherington, Steven - Alloa Athletic
Higginbotham, Kallum - Dunfermline Athletic
Higgins, Chris - Ayr United
Lawless, Steven - Partick
McDonald, Scott - Dundee United
McHugh, Bob - Morton
Mackin, Dylan - Livingston
Martin, Alan - Queen of the South
Mensing, Simon - Forfar Athletic
Moore, Craig - Ayr United
Murray, Euan - Raith Rovers
Neill, Morgyn - Stranraer
O'Brien, Jim - Ross County
Page, Johnny - East Fife
Reid, Craig - Ayr United
Reynolds, Mark - Aberdeen
Samson, Craig - St. Mirren
Smith, Darren Lee - Stirling Albion
Smith, Graeme - Brechin City
Stewart, Ross - St. Mirren
Sutton, John - St. Mirren
Thomas, Dom - Kilmarnock

I'd imagine that if we were talking about a striker who scored 8 goals in English League 2, last season at a stinking team, that had also been on loan from Leeds United, we'd probably all be fairly happy if we were taking him on.

But because, we know him and he wasnt prolific in his last spell with us, despite being a young lad flung into the whole negativity of that season we are happy to write him off as 'shite' or a 'one-trick pony'. He'll never be prolific but he is a good football player.

He'll do a job for Killie, without a shadow of a doubt

• Like 1

Season 2017-18

Former players plying their trade in the Scottish Leagues

Carswell, Stuart - Dumbarton

Clarkson, David - St. Mirren

Chalmers, Joe - Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Cummins, Adam - Queens Park

Currie, Max - Stranraer

Ewings, Jamie - Dumbarton

Fitzpatrick, Marc - Airdrieonians

Forbes, Ross - Morton

Hateley, Tom - Dundee

Hetherington, Steven - Alloa Athletic

Higginbotham, Kallum - Dunfermline Athletic

Higgins, Chris - Ayr United

Lawless, Steven - Partick

McDonald, Scott - Dundee United

McHugh, Bob - Morton

Mackin, Dylan - Livingston

Martin, Alan - Queen of the South

Mensing, Simon - Forfar Athletic

Moore, Craig - Ayr United

Murray, Euan - Raith Rovers

Neill, Morgyn - Stranraer

O'Brien, Jim - Ross County

Page, Johnny - East Fife

Reid, Craig - Ayr United

Reynolds, Mark - Aberdeen

Samson, Craig - St. Mirren

Smith, Darren Lee - Stirling Albion

Smith, Graeme - Brechin City

Stewart, Ross - St. Mirren

Sutton, John - St. Mirren

Thomas, Dom - Kilmarnock

David Gormley at Clyde

When we generally take our strikers from the Conference, I reckon I'd be delighted at someone with a semi-decent ratio at League2 level coming in to be honest.

As for hitting double-figures up here, I'm not convinced he will either, but I dont think anyone has every claimed that he was a lethal goalscorer

But because, we know him and he wasnt prolific in his last spell with us, despite being a young lad flung into the whole negativity of that season we are happy to write him off as 'shite' or a 'one-trick pony'.

There's also the whole attitude change that some fans adopt towards a player whenever they have left us to the point that history is almost re-written in some cases as positive contributions are played down and any deficiencies highlighted.

I dread to think of the meltdown that awaits if and when Thomas and Erwin combine to put us to the sword!

• Like 2

When we generally take our strikers from the Conference, I reckon I'd be delighted at someone with a semi-decent ratio at League2 level coming in to be honest.

As for hitting double-figures up here, I'm not convinced he will either, but I dont think anyone has every claimed that he was a lethal goalscorer

It was actually League 1 level he was playing at last season, 10 goals in 30 starts in all comps for a struggling Oldham side.

Take out Louis Moult and I genuinely don't think the other half a dozen or so strikers we've signed since Erwin left have actually managed that between them.

• Like 1

There's also the whole attitude change that some fans adopt towards a player whenever they have left us to the point that history is almost re-written in some cases as positive contributions are played down and any deficiencies highlighted.

I dread to think of the meltdown that awaits if and when Thomas and Erwin combine to put us to the sword!

Yip, its completely bizarre behaviour at times

I know. It's horrible how our opponents have players that want to play.

Neither Thomas or Erwin wanted to play for us. They both had their chance, and they both left. Good luck to them, but I'm not worried about them.

When a team beats us, I really don't care if it's ex-players that are involved any more than I care if it's our opponents ex-players that score for us when we win.

Like I said in an earlier post, my bigger concern is for the Scottish game where Erwin joins a long list of players with potential who couldn't cut it with a lower league English Team.

It was actually League 1 level he was playing at last season, 10 goals in 30 starts in all comps for a struggling Oldham side.

Take out Louis Moult and I genuinely don't think the other half a dozen or so strikers we've signed since Erwin left have actually managed that between them.

Shows how much interest I take in English fitba...apologies, but enhances my point.

For talking sake, if we were looking at signing Kevin Van Veen (who I've never heard of to be fair) from Scunthorpe on a free signing we'd all be up for that I'd imagine...he scored a similar amount of goals to Lee Erwin last season.

They inevitably will...

I am less bothered about Thomas than I am Erwin tbh. Dom may prove us all wrong and thrive at Killie. But I really warmed to Erwin in his last few months with us and was sorry to see him go. History has proved it was the wrong decision in terms of his career imho even if it meant more money. I still think there is a very good player in Erwin. No offence to the lad, but I now hope I am proved wrong !