Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Conor Grant knocked out cold on his debut for Crewe.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evertons-conor-grant-taken-hospital-13564469

https://twitter.com/crewealexfc/status/904055748132560897

Crewe Alexandra F.C.

CONOR GRANT: He's now been discharged from hospital & on his way home. Precautionary meeting with doctor in AM after concussion 2705.png#CreweAlex

You sure?

I briefly saw the goal on the red button thing on Sky Sports but don't remember hearing his name during the commentary. I'm sure my ears would have pricked up had I heard his name mentioned.

Flashscores has it down as a goal for Kait

• Like 1

You sure?

I briefly saw the goal on the red button thing on Sky Sports but don't remember hearing his name during the commentary. I'm sure my ears would have pricked up had I heard his name mentioned.

Flashscores has it down as a goal for Kait

Anier wasn't on the pitch when the goal went in so suspect he wasn't involved in the goal...

• Like 1

Hearing from Leyton Orient pal that Craig Clay is proving to be a very impressive signing.

Perhaps the change of setting is helping him to realise his potential.

Brother in law is a season ticket holder there, confirms he has indeed been doing well...pleased for the lad

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

We definitely sold Anier at the right time. Didn't hate him, but was never convinced. Decent, but not great.

I agree, he went through a purple patch when he was on loan. 7/9 of his goals that season came before we signed him permanently in the January, so for us to get him on a free then sell him in the summer for a healthy fee when his form was a downward spiral, proved to be great business. He hasn't exactly set the heather on fire at any club since leaving us either.

I have watched a few videos on Open Goal where ex pro Simon Ferry interviews mainly Old Firm players. The interviews are a bit more realistic and less bland than the usual tosh. His most recent one is with Scott McDonald. The first episode is about his early career and for the last few minutes he talks about the mental dressing room he entered at Fir Park during his first spell with us. The pattern seems to be to release a series of episodes progressing through the players career so in later versions Scott might talk about us again when he came back to us.

This is a link but not being very computer savvy it might not work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTKpmlcTXAA

I have watched a few videos on Open Goal where ex pro Simon Ferry interviews mainly Old Firm players. The interviews are a bit more realistic and less bland than the usual tosh. His most recent one is with Scott McDonald. The first episode is about his early career and for the last few minutes he talks about the mental dressing room he entered at Fir Park during his first spell with us. The pattern seems to be to release a series of episodes progressing through the players career so in later versions Scott might talk about us again when he came back to us.

watched this interview earlier in the week. Spoke in decent terms about his early times with the club. Couldn't believe it when he said he was on 250 per week. No wonder he spent so much time trying to move on. I'm quite sure most of us were on better wages at the time.

I don't know what our bonus scheme was at that time, but we have had spells where the basic wage was relatively low, but with incentives for appearances, goals, wins etc.

However, when Skippy moved to us initially, his career was on the slide and was looking to get back on track. So I imagine he was just happy to get a game at that point.

the Aiden McGeady ones were great I thought. Kris Boyd (of what I have seen) was also decent

• Like 1

I don't know what our bonus scheme was at that time, but we have had spells where the basic wage was relatively low, but with incentives for appearances, goals, wins etc.

However, when Skippy moved to us initially, his career was on the slide and was looking to get back on track. So I imagine he was just happy to get a game at that point.

I'd heard (from someone who knew Softy) that in Tommy McLean's last couple of seasons, every player was on £15,000 a year and an alleged £450 a point bonus and further league position bonuses. The only differences between players was supposed to be in signing on fees.

I remember that kind of structure being rumoured under McLean.

I also remember Jimmy Sanderson going mental on Radio Clyde when he heard that a McLean team was on a bigger bonus for beating Killie (a relegation rival at the time) than they were for beating the OF.