Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Robbie Leitch, signs for St Mirren.

I was wondering about his whereabouts today after reading the Adam Livingstone link to Bristol City.

Should be a decent move for Leitch as St Mitren seem to be heading in the right direction. Jack Ross is a good manager and with likes of Lewis Morgan at the club, there will be plenty scouts at their games. Hope it works because he clearly has a fair amount of talent.

In a similar vein, stories in the press today about a few clubs looking at Adam Livingstone. Really would like to see him stay and get a chance here.

The Motherwell Times can reveal that English Championship outfit Bristol City are one of four clubs keeping tabs on Motherwell youngster Adam Livingstone. The Ashton Gate team’s scouts have been impressed by the 19-year-old winger’s form for the Motherwell under-20 side for whom he has netted three goals in eight matches this season. City are one of three English second tier sides and one League One outfit who are looking to sign Livingstone – whose Motherwell contract expires next summer – on a pre-contract agreement in January. Livingstone, a lifelong Motherwell supporter, has been at the club since the age of nine and is highly rated by ’Well under-20s gaffer Stephen Craigan. The teenager’s fine displays at youth level may soon have him pushing for a regular place in the Motherwell first team. He already has experience of playing at that level, having made substitute appearances at home to Kilmarnock and away to Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the Steelmen’s final two Scottish Premiership fixtures of last season. Livingstone was also part of the Motherwell under-20s squad which won the Scottish Youth Cup for the first time in the club’s history with a hugely impressive 5-2 thumping of Hearts at Hampden Park in April 2016. Yet this newspaper has learned that there was a time earlier in his Motherwell career that Livingstone was set to quit football altogether. “This time last year Adam thought he was surplus to requirements at Motherwell,” a source told us. “But the under-20s gaffer Stephen Craigan has been instrumental in his rise up again. “Battling back shows that Adam has the mentality of a champion at such a young age.” Livingstone’s dark days seem well behind him now and it appears that the sky’s the limit for the latest star prospect to come through the Fir Park side’s revered youth set-up. Motherwell starlets Chris Cadden and Allan Campbell starred for Scotland under-21s against England on Friday night and clubmate Livingstone is looking a good bet for inclusion in future youth international squads. Our source added: “Adam has similar qualities to Chris Cadden and I think he can kick on the same way Cadds has. “Adam is very athletic, powerful, very good at attacking and just as good at defending. “He is the all round ideal player on the left side and has all the attributes to play in the English Championship. “Motherwell is a selling club and I think they would get a decent fee for Adam.”

Read more at: http://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/football/motherwell-fc/motherwell-under-20s-ace-adam-livingstone-being-tracked-by-english-championship-side-bristol-city-1-4584254

Aye, I read about that in the English gossip page on the BBC website this morning. Not a mention on the Scottish page of course, not when there's seventeen tenuous stories about Pedro Caixinha and some pie-in-the-sky bullshit about Brendan Rodgers being the next Chelsea manager to fit in.

Maybe not the best location for this post, but so sorry to hear of Terry Butcher's son Christopher passed away yesterday at the very young age of 35, i know Alan Burrows has posted on twitter his condolences, but it would have been nice for the club to put out a statement on the official site.

Christopher RIP

Yes. Very sad. Didnt read how he died but said he had struggled since he came back from Afghanistan due to the things he had seen. RIP Christopher.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pity. The longer I live in Ireland the more I want them papped oot of every competition ASAP ;)

What made that game worse was how crap both teams were and yet one will be going to the World Cup.

Time to reduce the number of teams again and make the finals for the good teams.

(and yes, I know that makes it even less likely we will qualify).

• Like 1