Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Because he supported Rangers from a laddie ? Get a feckin grip. Thats as small minded as the gers support.

Exactly

We sound as pathetic as old firm fans when I read this

We have had players that have moved to the old firm and back and have been former old firm players and signed for us and with the majority we cheer them on in claret and Amber regardless

The way we vilify a player when he says he supported either rangers or Celtic as a kid is utterly pathetic

When employed by motherwell so long as they give there all and dont go on about how much they love another Club then we have no reason to complain

Sign of the narrow minded nonsense that ruins the west of Scotland

• Like 3

Because he supported Rangers from a laddie ? Get a feckin grip. Thats as small minded as the gers support.

Fucking right it is. Do you see the irony in your post...

Small minded Gers support following him and slavering all over everything he says is not something I want to see.

Hence why I started my post with, petty I know.

The thought of continual (more) Rangers shite popping up on my timeline was enough. Nice laddie but hes went down in my estimations.

Do you have no Rangers fans in your family or friends?

Jamie along with Faddy and McCormack are the three creative players of real quality i've seen playing for us. I'm quite looking forward to seeing him play more often. I liked watching McDonald with Celtic in the Champions league as well, it's good to see guys who gave us good service doing well.

• Like 1

Its quite petty, I know. However on seeing Murphys tweet last night showing pictures of him in Rangers jerseys as a kid I immediately unfollowed him.

The thought of continual (more) Rangers shite popping up on my timeline was enough. Nice laddie but hes went down in my estimations.

Why would he go down in your estimations, so he's been a Rangers fan all his days, nothing wrong with that, and while he would probably rather still be at Brighton playing in the premiership he will no doubt be proud to run out at Ibrox.

He is a good player and I hope he does well unless of course he is up against us.

Why would he go down in your estimations, so he's been a Rangers fan all his days, nothing wrong with that, and while he would probably rather still be at Brighton playing in the premiership he will no doubt be proud to run out at Ibrox.

He is a good player and I hope he does well unless of course he is up against us.

I held him in high esteem before due to his conduct in leaving and professionalism. Hes now down to a Stuart McCall and Tom Hately level of regard. However that may change if he does a badge kiss if he scores at Fir Park.

I didnt say I hate the guy just that I dont want to follow someone who plays for Rangers and who is being hailed as a messiah by their horde.

I held him in high esteem before due to his conduct in leaving and professionalism. Hes now down to a Stuart McCall and Tom Hately level of regard. However that may change if he does a badge kiss if he scores at Fir Park.

I didnt say I hate the guy just that I dont want to follow someone who plays for Rangers and who is being hailed as a messiah by their horde.

I feel exactly the same and tweeted as much. Check out how inundated Ive been since the early hours of this morning!

• Like 1

Once he left us I ceased to have much interest in him apart from any add on money which we earned. I wish him no harm at all of course but I'd rather concentrate on our current players. What he posts is up to him and so long as he doesn't denigrate us I'll take no notice. He does seem a decent sort though.

Im pretty much in the could not care less about anything Rangers or Celtic. Being brought up in rural Yorkshire football was just football, nothing else other than enjoying the 90 minutes of football then back to family, relationships, and work. I was so naive when I moved up here nearly 25 years ago, no idea about any of the utter bigoted rubbish tied to it all. My wifes family are all Celtic daft and tried to get me attending when I first moved up, I went and supported Clyde instead. I always wind my brother in law up by stating the two clubs should merge as one and the city would be better for it. I just let all their crap go over my head and concentrate on what I enjoy, Motherwell F.C.

• Like 1

I think some of you are getting a bit wound up. If we signed a good player and he comes out on twitter with pictures of himself wearing claret&amber as a kid he would be an instant hit. I see what you say about not wanting to see Rangers stuff, does Murphy evem tweet often? Until the couple he posted today i barely remember his stuff popping up on my feed.

Frazzie..... seriously, responding like that to Jamie Murphy you must have known what kind of a reaction you were provoking from the hordes. Rightly or wrongly, you brought that on yourself.

Fucking right it is. Do you see the irony in your post...

Small minded Gers support following him and slavering all over everything he says is not something I want to see.

Hence why I started my post with, petty I know.

Sorry bud i never saw any irony in my post. I went to argos and picked it up ring and reserve u know, a crackin steam one and all.

I feel exactly the same and tweeted as much. Check out how inundated Ive been since the early hours of this morning!

So you won't be applauding when he comes back and scores at Fir Park then... :)

Seriously though whilst I think you'd probably have saved yourself a whole host of grief by quietly unfollowing it's another perfect example of how laughable their supposed "No one likes us we don't care" mentality is. They fucking love it when someone posts as you did. They're like a swarm of maggots when they see an opportunity to seize upon.

The best one was the guy who was so indifferent about your tweet he went to the lengths of replying having taken the time to hunt down an animated gift illustrating how unbothered he was. Hmm...