Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Its not like he was born and brought up in Motherwell, that would at least give some credence to folks displeasure at him having supported Rangers as a boy.

He was a very good player for us and always comes across a decent guy. Id stop short of hoping he does well at Rangers, but I certainly wont be booing him on his return to fir park.

• Like 2

Its not like he was born and brought up in Motherwell, that would at least give some credence to folks displeasure at him having supported Rangers as a boy.

He was a very good player for us and always comes across a decent guy. Id stop short of hoping he does well at Rangers, but I certainly wont be booing him on his return to fir park.

Agree with you but I do hope he does reasonably well at Rangers - but not against us - as I believe he deserves the chance of a Scotland recall.

Unfollowing him on Twitter is fair enough in my book, but having a big enough petted lip to go out of the way to tell him that you're doing it is a bit of a red neck for me.

We're being incredibly naive if we think that a boy born and brought up in Glasgow, doesnt have leanings towards either of these clubs. Fuck, most people in Lanarkshire support either of the bigoted bastards, and the likes of Kieran Tierney who can probably see Fir Park from his door, are a far bigger problem for me than the likes of a Glasgow boy, born and bred.

Some people who sign for us having supported another team growing up, will eventually change their overall allegiance, the likes of Faddy for instance...but others won't, Rab McKinnon never shuts up about Celtic on Facebook for example.

If you're offended by Murphy stating his delight that he has signed for Rangers, then unfollow him, but I've no idea what we're trying to achieve by announcing our disgust.

Murphy will be a great signing for the dirty, horrible bastards (and yes, I believe that I hate Rangers much more than any Celtic fan does, and vice versa...they can't live without each other) in my opinion...one of the most under-rated players we've ever had at Fir Park in my time watching Motherwell, under-rated by the media, the Club itself and the support, he was one of my favourite players at a time where we were competing at the right end of the table more often than not.

I hope he has a shite time of it at Rangers though, just as I do with every single one of their signings.

• Like 6

Assuming we are talking about adults, what kind of cock socket follows a footballer on Twitter anyway ?

Each to their own. I've got Twitter but don't follow the players directly. I do look at the club players Twitter list and therefore have a keek every now and then though out of sheer nosiness.

Some would argue discussing football players and your team on a message board regularly is more cock socket worthy than following a player on social media.

Dae whit ye want I say.

I generally follow players that play for Motherwell because you can get wee snippets of info you dont get elsewhere- how many of the rumours on this site are attributed to Twitter, for example?

I usually unfollow players as soon as they leave us- not through any wild hatred or anything mental like that- purely because I dont need to see them posting stuff about their new clubs. I tend to continue following players I have a particular fondness for- Moult being one and Murphy being another. However, seeing Murphy post up photos of himself in Rangers strips as a kid and the gushing over all things h*n put me off him. It also made me realise that I could expect to see that sort of guff on a regular basis as he plays for them. I dont hate the guy but the memory of him playing for us has now been sullied somewhat.

I don't use Twitter myself but I do quite enjoy when people post links to cryptic tweets from Adam Cummins about how Wes Fletcher was mistreated during his time here etc etc

Can definitely see why people would follow Motherwell related players.

• Like 1

I generally follow players that play for Motherwell because you can get wee snippets of info you dont get elsewhere- how many of the rumours on this site are attributed to Twitter, for example?

I usually unfollow players as soon as they leave us- not through any wild hatred or anything mental like that- purely because I dont need to see them posting stuff about their new clubs. I tend to continue following players I have a particular fondness for- Moult being one and Murphy being another. However, seeing Murphy post up photos of himself in Rangers strips as a kid and the gushing over all things h*n put me off him. It also made me realise that I could expect to see that sort of guff on a regular basis as he plays for them. I dont hate the guy but the memory of him playing for us has now been sullied somewhat.

I don't blame you, I unfollowed Kylie Jenner when she started going out with someone, and physically blocked her when i'd heard that she got pregnant. Boiled my blood that she'd let someone else touch her and the fact that she has meant that my thoughts of her have been sullied somewhat. Cow.

Did the same with Zayn when he left 1D and I'll always blame him for splitting them up. Defos his fault and every time he comes on the radio it gets switched off cos I hate remembering what he did. I just don't need to see the whole "oooh your new solo song is so great Zayn....when will you do a solo tour Zayn..." from all his new "fans". I bet they don't even know all the words to his verses in 1D and I don't want that stuff popping up on my feed every day.

Stick to your guns sister, don't let the grown-ups tell us how we should feel...they just don't get how hard it is being a teenager these days. PM me if u need 2 talk bbz xx

• Like 13

I don't blame you, I unfollowed Kylie Jenner when she started going out with someone, and physically blocked her when i'd heard that she got pregnant. Boiled my blood that she'd let someone else touch her and the fact that she has meant that my thoughts of her have been sullied somewhat. Cow.

Did the same with Zayne when he left 1D and I'll always blame him for splitting them up. Defos his fault and every time he comes on the radio it gets switched off cos I hate remembering what he did. I just don't need to see the whole "oooh your new solo song is so great Zayne....when will you do a solo tour Zayne..." from all his new "fans". I bet they don't even know all the words to his verses in 1D and I don't want that stuff popping up on my feed every day.

Stick to your guns sister, don't let the grown-ups tell us how we should feel...they just don't get how hard it is being a teenager these days. PM me if u need 2 talk bbz xx

No text speak please....... :)

All ZFA at Fylde tonight as he picked up a man of the match award (deservedly as well). Also featured in the programme with his five best moments in football and all with Motherwell so nice coverage for us and pics and all referred to as 'we did this' or 'we did that'.

His first goal, against Thistle.

Playing in the Champions League in Greece.

Playing in the Europa League against Levante

Scoring against Celtic.

Finishing second in the league.

Obviously he hasn't had much else to choose from,though I thought he might have said being picked in the National League North team of the season last year.

• Like 1

All ZFA at Fylde tonight as he picked up a man of the match award (deservedly as well). Also featured in the programme with his five best moments in football and all with Motherwell so nice coverage for us and pics and all referred to as 'we did this' or 'we did that'.

His first goal, against Thistle.

Playing in the Champions League in Greece.

Playing in the Europa League against Levante

Scoring against Celtic.

Finishing second in the league.

Obviously he hasn't had much else to choose from,though I thought he might have said being picked in the National League North team of the season last year.

Tbh i thought he was a decent sort and ok with us glad to see him doing fine

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk