Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

I'm just watching Fraser Wishart on the news repeating Brenda's pish about the international fixtures at the end of the season.

I wonder how many countries are thinking they should skip the World Cup in case players burn out.... Another ex player who is a walloper.

Why does what Wishart has said about allowing adequate rest periods make him a walloper?

Is the end of season international friendly something new? Have Wishart, or the Scotish media, ever reacted in earlier seasons or is it because St Brendan has spoken?

In a week that started with plans to get Celtic and Rangers colt teams into League 2 and saw a proposal to move internationals and cup matches to Parkhead and Ibrox we end with Neil Lennon emerging as a serious

candidate for the Scotland job on Rodgers say-so and the Players Union canvassing members on friendlies as Celtic dont want them.

Is Wishart representing the players of all clubs or just one?

• Like 2

Nobody can dispute that close seasons for big clubs are getting closer.

I understand the frustration with the Brenda love in but isnt the difference here being that its a trip to South America?

The quotes I read of Wishart mentioned Aberdeen as much as he did the unwashed.

Why does what Wishart has said about allowing adequate rest periods make him a walloper?

Cause its a walloper thing to say! Clubs have 3 weeks off in the January BREAK! not the SFA's fault if those clubs take their players to dubai for 2 weeks of training and friendlies. And what would have happened had we qualified for the world cup? I take it those poor tired players would have made themselves available for selection?

Plus players "work" about 18 hours a week and are paid substantial salaries so they should man the fuck up and dry their eyes

• Like 1

Puerto Banus and Vegas are the Scottish footballers destination of choice these days. They are probably better off doing a couple of easy weeks with the Scotland team whatever else they would do with their time off.

When you look at the number of matches the real top players play it's a ridiculous thing to be moaning about. Celtic players are apparently in danger of burnout but Brenda plays the first 11 against Brechin? Total pish.

Puerto Banus and Vegas are the Scottish footballers destination of choice these days. They are probably better off doing a couple of easy weeks with the Scotland team whatever else they would do with their time off.

When you look at the number of matches the real top players play it's a ridiculous thing to be moaning about. Celtic players are apparently in danger of burnout but Brenda plays the first 11 against Brechin? Total pish.

Exactly. And what do they do during the breaks? Go and play more games.

I remember the year Dundee Utd played in the UEFA Cup Final. The final itself was something like the 63rd or 64th game their players had played that season. And that didn't include any international appearances.

I see McCall is having a hard time at Bradford the now. Vote of confidence during the week, a 4-0 defeat today and sent off,

George Long in goal for AFC Wimbledon.

Nicky Law in Bradfords team as well.

Aye my bantams supporting mate just messaged me.....no idea of tactics or how to use subs to change things....sounds familiar, still think he is a decent guy but left us in shit creek, didn't get Rangers up, and hasn't got Bradford up...still in play off positions though but i think thats 5 straight losses most against lesser teams...wimbledon fighting relegation

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Saw on Twitter there that Marvin Johnson is to be loaned back to Oxford as he isnt part of their plans any more...

https://twitter.com/skysports_keith/status/958335491883130880

Oxford and ourselves definitely squeezed as much money out of him as possible.

Doesnt surprise me at all.....we really did well to get what we got for a decent player at our level (but not any higher)with the add on an incredible bonus

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk