Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Just now, postiejim said:

Burton were going down anyway at 1-1 with Bolton winning, but I suppose Louis put the final nail in there coffin.  I think Louis will get punted ,out his depth now.

Any time I've seen Preston this season they have been pretty poor.  Difficult to tell if Moult is out of his depth now, as he only get 5 minutes here or there in a formation that is 1 up top. 

Pleased for Moult.  Such things as last minute winners can really endear you to an unconvinced audience.

I remember for example Don Goodman who in all honesty looked a bit shit when  we brought him back to the UK.  But a goal in the last game of the season away to Dunfermline meant supporters went away over the summer with a different view of him altogether. A full pre-season with his new club, a decent start to the season and  I think he might well have gone on to win the Player of the Year award.

11 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I can't say for certain but the evidence points that way.  I think his name was mentioned on 2 separate occasions but he was quoted as saying he wasn't interested because we weren't a big enough club or didn't have the cash to spend on players that he'd require.  Something along those lines.

Don’t have a problem with anyone ruling themselves out of a managers job on those grounds. Better for him to be honest than swerve a question. 

Better to have a manager who’s willing to work with what we can give them. 

3 minutes ago, stuwell said:

Don’t have a problem with anyone ruling themselves out of a managers job on those grounds. Better for him to be honest than swerve a question. 

Better to have a manager who’s willing to work with what we can give them. 

Absolutely.

As such, he may be in for a rude awakening when he discovers that the war chest at Ibrox contains two dead spiders, £3.80 in loose change and an old but beautiful sash.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The African said:

Absolutely.

As such, he may be in for a rude awakening when he discovers that the war chest at Ibrox contains two dead spiders, £3.80 in loose change and an old but beautiful sash.

Ah but there’s serious investment imminent...

The one downside to the Stevie Gerrard appointment is that Gary Mac will get his name tarnished when it inevitably blows up. 

Scott McDonald is pretty amazing really. Turns up here with his career on the rocks and going nowhere, and turns it around into a professional career of six hundred appearances, if Wikipedia is to be believed.

He is thirty five in August so you wonder where he will go to next. I do think that he could still do a job for somebody in the A League for a season or two, if he stays healthy. Whatever happens, he has made the most of his limited ability.

Dundee Utd are howling - I don't think we can pin that on Skippy. He's the 2nd top scorer in the Championship despsite playing in the midfield for a number of games. To use the old cliché, he has found his level there. Doesn't have to work too hard, gets to do all his media work and still contributes enough goals to keep his employers happy.

Both Livi and Utd looked very weak defensively in tonight's game. Whoever ends up playing them will be looking forward to that.

9 hours ago, Yabba's Turd said:

2nd goal in 8 seasons, might as well make it a belter.

Delighted. I won his shirt in Steelmen Online sponsorhip raffle a few years ago, so that must have doubled its value.