Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

4 hours ago, Yassin said:

Sorry I was obviously way off. The Scottish Premiership isn't a similar level to the Scottish Premiership.

2nd in the league three years in a row isn't the same level as recently promoted though is it?

10 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Motherwell > Sheffield Wednesday > Aberdeen (146 appearances)

Motherwell > Ross County > Dumbarton > New Saints > Livingston (newly promoted, 0 appearances)

Yeah they're in the same league, however you could have brought up the semantics of that in your "mainstay" post, but you elected not to. However, your premise is watertight. I'll shut up now.

That's actually a wee bit unfair on Quinn who has also played for Cardiff, Doncaster, Dundee United and, to muddy the waters further, Aberdeen. However I agree he's not managed to become the mainstay of a defence in the Reynolds and hold down a place in one team for several years. Quinn's done well out of the game but I would put him in the bracket of successful journeyman. 

51 minutes ago, daver said:

That's actually a wee bit unfair on Quinn who has also played for Cardiff, Doncaster, Dundee United and, to muddy the waters further, Aberdeen. However I agree he's not managed to become the mainstay of a defence in the Reynolds and hold down a place in one team for several years. Quinn's done well out of the game but I would put him in the bracket of successful journeyman. 

Think they were talking about Saunders

Mitchell Van Der Gaag building quite the coaching reputation in Holland now. Another great season with Excelsior and now he's apparently wanted by Vitesse and his name is being mentioned as a possible for PSV.

Surprised by that. I thought Kennedy was supposed to be quite fragile? Was it a permanent hip injury?

Shrewsbury were a huge team last season. Everyone of them like a brick out house and played in a similar style to us. Jules was nowhere near that first team !!!

Tom Boyd on the BBC website giving his usual bigoted views on why Shellic will win 10 iar as St Brendan has a reputation to uphold and will bring in better players if required .I really couldn't give a fuck about ten  iar but would love some team to shut Tim Tom up ,really hope he never darkens our doorstep at FP ever again 

• Like 1

So you went to the BBC website, saw an article about Celtic by Tom Boyd, and thought "sounds good, better read that"... and you think Tom Boyd is the problem? ^_^

It's really not that hard to avoid the stuff he or any of his Old Firm chums spout, especially when it's on a website.

• Like 3