Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

On 28/06/2018 at 3:04 PM, Gadgey said:

Good to see Louis Moult being given the no9 shirt at PNE. Surely a vote of confidence and hopefully the beginning of a good season for him.

A few seasons ago we gave Wes Fletcher the no9 shirt! I wouldn’t look too much into squad numbers these days. 

• Haha 2

LOL......A very positive outlook. 

Wes Fletcher was given the no9 because he was signed as the main striker. What he did with that shirt was down to him as indeed it will be down to Louis this season.

Indeed, you only need to look to that season to see the difference between Fletcher and Moult.

On 02/07/2018 at 7:07 PM, weeyin said:

I hope he enjoyed the money he made at Ibrox because he killed his career progression. 

Probably cost him a place in this England world cup squad :rolleyes:

21 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Ben Heneghan to Blackpool on loan.

Nathan Thomas to Notts County on loan.

It will be Louis moults turn next, maybe not for the start of the season but I can see it happening in January if he does not make the breakthrough into the PNE team

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

If guys like Grabban and Jutkiewicz can make a career in that division, Moult should manage it.  If he gets a run of starts I think he'll do OK. 

Grabban and Jutkiewicz are much bigger and stronger than Moult. The Championship loves a big strong centre forward.

I hope to god I’m wrong but I fear Louis may be one of those prolific League 1 strikers but not quite got that extra bit to be a regular championship 10+ a season striker.

If he does go on loan from PNE, I hope he comes to Charlton as he’s exactly what Lee Bowyer needs in a striker.