Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

4 hours ago, Clackscat said:

We got about 400k dev fee when he left us for Leeds so that ship has sailed

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I thought all previous  clubs received a development fee for subsequent transfers up to a certain age. 

24 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

A certain Mr Steve Jennings who we still haven't replaced plays his football there and scored t'other night.

Nah, didn't score, made his debut as a second half sub, picked up two yellows and was sent off. 

53 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Alex Fisher get a brace in the first half tonight..................is he better than our current front 2 ?????

now  a hat trick

Fisher looked like a decent signing, but, for us, he couldn't hit a cow on the arse with a banjo. Glad things are now working out for the lad, but for whatever reasons, he was never any good for us.

Strikers need an early goal when they get to a club. Takes the pressure off the 'Still hasn't scored yet' burden. Doesn't always work out (I give you Wes Fletcher) but it definitely helps. Had Fisher scored even a couple of goals in the league cup group stages or even scored when he hit the  post against Rangers, I reckon his Motherwell career could have been different. The longer he was at our club, the guy looked more like a guy that would never score again. Got to affect your confidence.

To be fair, any time he was picked, he gave 100%. Just didn't work out...

I watched Fisher the other night against Aston Villa.

He had one great effort that curled past the post, and took (and missed) a bad penalty when it was 0 - 0.

Commentator mentioned he hadn't scored in his last 7 games.

So not sure he would have been the answer.