Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

6 hours ago, supermarv said:

So the best crop we’ve ever had wasn’t the ones that won the clubs first ever Youth Cup or been performing at the top end of the reserves for the last couple seasons no? 

Well I don’t think you are quite getting it. I understand where u are coming fromyes maybe a few of them look promising, but what indication from the u18s has suggested that they are the best crop we’ve ever had, hyping up a bunch of 16 year olds who haven’t even started more than 2 reserve games over six months of being a full time footballer is ridiculous. 

Guys like McKinstrey & Semple are widely regarded as the best in the country in their positions, there are a few more getting regular game time with Scotland U17/U19 and being highly rated by the countrys coaches. THATS why they are considered by MFC as the best crop weve ever had

28 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Guys like McKinstrey & Semple are widely regarded as the best in the country in their positions, there are a few more getting regular game time with Scotland U17/U19 and being highly rated by the countrys coaches. THATS why they are considered by MFC as the best crop weve ever had

It’s grest for them and would love to see them progress into the first team but don’t get ahead of ourselves before they’ve even played a first team game. Just because they are in youth squads doesn’t mean they automatically become the best youth player ever just look back through the years rarely any who actually get full international caps have actually played for the youth levels.

3 hours ago, supermarv said:

It’s grest for them and would love to see them progress into the first team but don’t get ahead of ourselves before they’ve even played a first team game. Just because they are in youth squads doesn’t mean they automatically become the best youth player ever just look back through the years rarely any who actually get full international caps have actually played for the youth levels.

Nobody is getting ahead of themselves. People within the club think this is a special crop of youngsters. If you feel the need to try to pick holes in that then crack on but I think I’ll take their opinion over yours.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GrahamH said:

Nobody is getting ahead of themselves. People within the club think this is a special crop of youngsters. If you feel the need to try to pick holes in that then crack on but I think I’ll take their opinion over yours.

Agreed.  No-one should or indeed is getting carried away.  Its quite possible, although unlikely, that none of this crop of youngsters will make it.  All the club is saying is that compared to previous generations of youngsters,  at the same stage,  they are a bit special.  

24 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

An excellent short article on Well Fans ii about our League winning team of the 30s. This team deserves more recognition.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/columnist/motherwells-greatest-team-deserves-more-recognition/?fbclid=IwAR2KGeR94Ir3oNeCDAJtjAk4nkFWVkKfTlEwavKXePPAxzkRevVtAL3nzdo

Motherwells Greatest Team Deserves More Recognition by Ben Banks is linked above

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, steelboy said:

Neil Lennon apparently out on his arse at Hibs for homophobic abuse of Dempster.

It's going to be difficult for his media pals to explain that away but i'm sure they will rise to the occasion.

Scotsman portraying it more as a run of poor results culminating in his criticism of players following an unnaceptable result at Fir Park during the week. It does however mention behind the scenes rows with others.  All that said, the Scotsman isn't the most impartial source of information on Hibs or Hearts.