Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

41 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Was having a conversation about father and son footballers. Stumbled across the Wikipedia of Gavin Strachan and see it mentions that he signed for us on loan but never played. I have no recollection of him being with us at all. Seems to have been in 2002.

I thought he'd come on as a sub in at least one game...

17 years since Fererre day, where he made his debut coming on as a sub against hibs, cracks the bar with a 100 yard free kick, then scores the same goal three times.

Apparently he made 9 more appearances for us after this, and I remember all of us to a man thinking we were onto something. Turned out he was shite, just not as shite as hibs.

We  really need a nostalgia thread.

26 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Apparently he made 9 more appearances for us after this, and I remember all of us to a man thinking we were onto something. Turned out he was shite, just not as shite as hibs.

To be fair, he was never much of a goalscorer (with a career total of 24), and he presumably wasn't signed as one having only ever scored 4 goals previously. From an expectations point of view, scoring that hat-trick was probably the worst thing he could have done.

I’m sure I read that Euan Murray ended up playing somewhere mental for a short while, an island in the South Pacific or something like that. 

Edit : A quick wiki search shows 5 appearances and 1 goal for Western United of the Solomon Islands. 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:10 PM, fizoxy said:

17 years since Fererre day, where he made his debut coming on as a sub against hibs, cracks the bar with a 100 yard free kick, then scores the same goal three times.

We  really need a nostalgia thread.

Remember that game well when Ferrere scored the hat trick,  one of the highlights of a season where there was pretty much nothing else to cheer about.

49 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Given the shape he was in by the time he arrived at preseason training for us having considered his options, I'd be astounded if Scott McDonald is anywhere near match fit before the playoffs...

That's very true. Although when I saw him on telly the other day he did look fitter than the last time I saw him at Fir Park. Maybe he's been training with someone.