Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

After seeing Paul Slane on Si Ferry's podcast and YouTube a few times I can't help but feel a little sorry for him. He absolutely fucked his career and he knows it, seems to really love the game and you can see it kills him that it's ended up the way it has for him. He's still totally off his head though.

1 hour ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

After seeing Paul Slane on Si Ferry's podcast and YouTube a few times I can't help but feel a little sorry for him. He absolutely fucked his career and he knows it, seems to really love the game and you can see it kills him that it's ended up the way it has for him. He's still totally off his head though.

A wasted career, however, he’s a born entertainer.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:17 PM, Donaldo87 said:

Watched Ben Heneghan play for Blackpool today against Charlton. Seems to be doing alright if still prone to getting caught out every now and again. 

I was there too, thought he was decent though didn’t get put under anywhere near enough pressure by the Charlton frontline.

Do you go to the valley regularly Donaldo or just taking advantage of the football for a fiver?

28 minutes ago, real dosser said:

have I been sleeping for several weeks or am I just thick.  When did Marvin Johnston sign with  Sheffield Utd ?????

is he on loan or is it a transfer and if so are we due any more money ??

He's on loan since August, afaik.

28 minutes ago, real dosser said:

have I been sleeping for several weeks or am I just thick.  When did Marvin Johnston sign with  Sheffield Utd ?????

is he on loan or is it a transfer and if so are we due any more money ??

Loaned at the start of the season.

7 hours ago, Gadgey said:

I was hunting for a pic for the retro shirt thread and came across this. I was in exile by this time ..... but who the funk is this orange skinned geezer !!??!!

97FDE482-8F83-40AB-9153-19258FAC36C5.jpeg

I think it's Andy Smith who we had on loan from Preston. I'm sure he was a Northern Ireland striker who was the ultimate heidless chicken. 

For some reason I remember week in week out him coming on as a sub and hugging the East stand touch line in acres of space, screaming for the ball to be switched backed by the entire East stand followed by waving arms when he never got it. Anyone else remember this? NOTE it could also have been Steve jones, somehow we managed to have two guys with that hair cut.

4 hours ago, Bart Verheul said:

I think it's Andy Smith who we had on loan from Preston. I'm sure he was a Northern Ireland striker who was the ultimate heidless chicken. 

It is definitely Andy Smith, yeah. My pal trained with Motherwell at the time and said he was other worldly in training, could do stuff that folk had never seen before.

Humpty at football, but.