Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

On 4/18/2019 at 3:29 PM, daver said:

Technically McLeish played for us as well. That only leaves Peter Grant, who I can safely say didn't play for us (but did have some memorable moments at FirPark).

He did but probably his biggest playing contribution to Motherwell was a match towards the end of his Aberdeen days.  We absolutely pummeled Aberdeen but Derek Stillie had an amazing match and saved everything.

Then right at the end of the match Big Eck had a marvelous backwards header into his own net for the win.

Probably someone with a better memory will tell me it was actually 1-1 or something.

Noticed that Keiren [ or was it Kieran] Kennedy scored the winner for Wrexham in the National League on Friday.

Got me thinking about the number of `Well players currently playing in the National League .

Leyton Orient - Dean Brill and Craig Clay. Both players are massive favourites with the O`s fans [ No laughing at the back].

Wrexham---Kennedy.

Fylde-----Zaine Francis Angol and Russell Griffiths.

Barrow-----Steve Jennings and [whisper it] Jacob Blyth.

Btw the National League comes to an end over next 2 games with top 3 teams  still in running to win the league. Massive game tomorrow with leaders Orient away to 3rd place Solihull.  2nd place Salford [ with Adam Rooney] and bankrolled to the hilt are at home to 5th place Fylde.

Yup, I need to get out more.

Craig Clay leading Leyton Orient back to the promised land. 

And I say that only partly in  jest.  Julian Lillington (Orient/'Well fan known to many) suggested to me the other evening he was a strong candidate for their Player of the Year.

17 hours ago, daver said:

Derek Adams has been sacked by Plymouth with them a point above the relegation places in League 1.

Having just dropped into the relegation zone with only 2 games to go, Plymouth had better be hoping for that post manager bounce.

It was only this time last year that Adams was being hailed the messiah for taking them to a baw hair from the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Ryan Bowman turned in to anApril goal machine ........5 in the last 5 games

as Exeter cling on to last play off place with one game to go on 69 points..... unfortunately Newport 67 points in 11th place have game in hand tonight...which takes it out of their hands

I liked Bowman when he was with us, not the most gifted player but he always worked hard and put himself about in every game, 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Ryan Bowman turned in to anApril goal machine ........5 in the last 5 games

as Exeter cling on to last play off place with one game to go on 69 points..... unfortunately Newport 67 points in 11th place have game in hand tonight...which takes it out of their hands

Mark O'Brien scores for Newport

10 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I liked Bowman when he was with us, not the most gifted player but he always worked hard and put himself about in every game, 

It’s been his work rate that’s stopped him from being turned on by Exeter fans. He was a replacement for the prolific Jayden Stockley and they’ve really missed those goals in the second half of the season. They love his “good honest pro” attributes.

Hopefully, Ryan can keep the goals coming just a little longer and sneak the Grecians to their third consecutive play off final.