Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

I took in a Leyton Orient game towards the end of 2019 and I felt for Clay as he spent the whole game watching the ball get launched over his head. The whole game. The quality of football was utter garbage, but all 20 outfield players were built like tanks and rapid for the most part.

22 minutes ago, livivoice said:

Took opportunity to go to Wembley on Sunday.

ZFA was very tidy and played game within his limits. Fylde fans certainly rate him.

Griffiths was unused sub.

Clay. Got to admit I am a wee bit biased as I I felt he did ok for us without pulling up any trees. Watching him in this match and an earlier game this season at Hartlepool [ yup , I do need to get out more!] I can fully understand why he was voted player of the season by O`s fans. I felt he was the main creative force in the O`s team showing a greater level of freedom and confidence than he displayed for us.

On a final point the Fylde fans must be best mannered fans I have ever encountered. Even when under the cosh I never hear heard one swear word or a profanity. The most animated comment was to describe a referee decision as " Rubbish". It will never catch on you know!

ZFA has been very consistent since arriving at Mill Farm, been played more defensively this year. Due to the early injury played on the left of the back three but much better as left back or wing back. A much better player than when he left us. 

I expect Griffiths to become first choice as current goalie Jay Lynch is out of contract and has quite a few clubs after him.

I have been impressed with Clay when I have seen him this season.

The Fylde fanbase is a curious thing. With so many local teams (Blackpool, Preston and Fleetwood all within ten miles) they seem to attract the older generation, the much younger generation and family groups. Swearing does exist but is nowhere near the grand scale we get at Fir Park and other Scottish grounds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Just seen that Tom Hateley won the league in Poland with Piast Gliwice by beating Lech Poznan on the final day.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7045507/Tom-Hateley-poised-lead-Piast-Gliwice-Polish-league-title.html

Much better than getting relegated with Dundee.

He’s still trying to tell people he’s a midfielder. :lol:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Post again when you sober up 

Honestly you really would be better just forgetting about Motherwell and supporting Celtic. I can’t remember you ever having anything positive to say about the club, you seem to knock everyone from those running the club, the management, to the players, and every poster on here you disagree with. I am actually allowed to have an opinion without you coming back with one of your oh so witty put downs. Even when we get to two cup finals it’s not enough for you.  I like to see positives about the club, and yes there are many, you just seem to take enjoyment from putting everything about it down. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Well-Made said:

Just saw an article that has led to another grey hair... 31 year old, Darren Smith signs for Clyde.. surely he can't be in his thirties already..... :(

Wait until you reach my age when you see youngster playing and realise you have also seen his grandad play.

11 hours ago, Ballso said:

Harry Hood, who I didn’t realise played with us dies aged 74. 

Mostly thought of as being a Celtic player but built a huge business across Lanarkshire too. 

Sad news. I remember being very pleased when he signed for us as I adalways thought he was decent for Celtic. Unfortunately, bythat stage of his playing career, his best days were behind him and he didn’t really do much for us. Still, RIP and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

24 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Hearing rumours today about Ross McCormack, apparently if true because Aston Villa got promoted to the English premiership his wages jump to 70k a week FFS, villa have been trying to dump him for the last 2 seasons

They did buy him for £12 million - they, and he, were just unlucky with the injuries as he did well at his other clubs.

Crazy money of course, but is the norm for English football. I saw a graphic at the weekend comparing the value of the Championship play-off versus winning the various US sports titles. The NBA title was worth something like $3 million. The Superbowl was about $6 million. Baseball was the most with the World Series being worth around $30 million. Winning the Championship play-off was worth around $285 million.

Mental.

5 minutes ago, numpty said:

Hardly seems like the most controversial thing for a Rangers player to say, to be honest. If he'd said he was there to help Celtic win 10-in-a-row, that might be a story.

Surely you'd be wanting to stop 9 in a row?  Or is he just conceding that title already?